Forum Jump: 

#1 of 206 Old 12-04-2004, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
come out come out where ever you are...
<who misses her "old" friends.
Where art thou?
Remember the days when the friday SOS stocking gave us a reason to get out of bed, and FCB had weekly stockings?

Remember when there were only a handful of wool soakers to be had, and if you had one you were "ultimate hyena?"
:LOL
I miss my mommas, oh where oh where can you be?

Shelly- www.hyenacart.com/tyedyedreams 12 years and going strong Bleed free prefolds, flats and clothes
#2 of 206 Old 12-04-2004, 12:21 PM

I'm not really a hyena, but I do remember the Friday SOS stockings. I almost scored once.
#3 of 206 Old 12-04-2004, 12:23 PM - Thread Starter

And it pains me to see them just sitting there now!!!!
What is this world coming to???

Shelly- www.hyenacart.com/tyedyedreams 12 years and going strong Bleed free prefolds, flats and clothes
#4 of 206 Old 12-04-2004, 12:39 PM

Not a Hyena either but definitely remember those days. I can't believe Righteous Baby has stuff sitting in the store either. And you can even find Fuzbaby stuff instock!
#5 of 206 Old 12-04-2004, 12:42 PM

I wasn't really a hyena in the true sense of the word but I've been here for a long time. I remember when FCB had all of their diapers for $10 and they still sat in the store for a few days. :LOL Boy I wish it was like that now. I mean I'd pay full price but to have time to read discriptions and really pick what I'd like instead of the buying frenzy I'd be in heaven.
#6 of 206 Old 12-04-2004, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter

and tackle Meg! I missed you!!!

#7 of 206 Old 12-04-2004, 12:46 PM

Yes, Righteous Baby!!! What the heck is instock doing at Righteous baby?!?!? That blows my mind.
I remember when I was pregnant strolling into Fluffy mail one day and picking up a couple of FCB covers and leaving another one sitting there. I also easily got a BBB soaker while pregnant. Crazy days.
#8 of 206 Old 12-04-2004, 12:47 PM

Hi Shelly I was just lookin at Joshy's newest picture. OMG so so handsome. Love the shirt too
#9 of 206 Old 12-04-2004, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter

Righteous baby has instock???? OMG
You know what else is crazy........fullmoonbabygear having instock (which kills me daily)
I wonder if there are just fewer cloth mommas now? Or what is it?

#10 of 206 Old 12-04-2004, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindmomma
Righteous baby has instock???? OMG
You know what else is crazy........fullmoonbabygear having instock (which kills me daily)
I wonder if there are just fewer cloth mommas now? Or what is it?
Shelly I think we are just old school. :LOL It seems to me that there is a whole 'nother generation of hyena with their favorite wahms. I don't know what half of the people here are talking about. I think its fabulous that we can go and get our favorites without a lot of stalking. I am still in shock that I can call Fuzbaby and custom order Easy covers and get them in less than 2 weeks. Insane!
#11 of 206 Old 12-04-2004, 12:53 PM

I think it just goes in waves.
#12 of 206 Old 12-04-2004, 01:06 PM

i'm feeling left out here cause i'm not an old hyena but i'll chime in anyway. actually, i used cloth 4 years ago but took a 2 year hiatus between kids so i'm basically a newbie to the scene this time around.

it seems to me like there are just soooooo many wahms now offering really great products that it's sort of a buyer's market, ya know?
#13 of 206 Old 12-04-2004, 01:23 PM

in years...LOL. Not a hyena by any means. I have one knickernappie, and two wool soakers. Tons of fb and prefolds and covers. So I guess I just responded because I'm old. :LOL I do remember the righteous baby stockings but never really put anything in my cart. I couldn't afford to. :

notes2.gifDina sahm to geek.gif, bikenew.gif, and joy.gif. I'm always computergeek2.gif, dishes.gif andhang.gif.
#14 of 206 Old 12-04-2004, 01:26 PM

I have only been on MDC for about a year but I do remember that I went to Fluffymail site once and their were just diapers sitting there! I passed on them since I had never tried them before but of course I'm kicking myself. I also remember when you could waltz right over to Kiwi Pie and pick up as many covers as you wanted, of course that is when crazy me was thinking "who would pay $30 for a cover!" Boy I wish I had known then what I know now.
#15 of 206 Old 12-04-2004, 01:31 PM

So what are the hot new names these days?
Fluffymail, of course. Kiwipie. What else???
#16 of 206 Old 12-04-2004, 01:31 PM

I am still here!!
#17 of 206 Old 12-04-2004, 01:35 PM

I remember when I was pregnant with DD, I CUSTOM ORDERED six SOS-got to pick fabric, inners, etc... and then decided I didn't like the fit on my newborn and by then she had gotten popular and was doing Friday stockings. I got almost 3X what I had paid for them on eBay and they had been used a couple times. I had put a low starting price on them, they were just that "hot" at the moment.

I remember the chaos over the strawberry fuz garden.
#18 of 206 Old 12-04-2004, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter

Ahhhhh the fuz gardens :LOL

It is so nice to see you all I was beginning to worry.
I know luxe baby is cool
www.luxebaby.com

I have enough diapers I just window shop now. But that is still fun. But there are certain sites that kill me to see instock

#19 of 206 Old 12-04-2004, 01:47 PM

I'm here. I look at who is online and I don't recognize anyone. I've seen a lot of people come and go. I paid $115.00 for a Honeyboy once. Oh, the old hyena days. Carrie is making me an appliqued Sugarpeas for the Buster. I cried to her how much I missed diapers made by her. Remember Mollytogs? I was just thinking how different diapering the Buster is. I remember calling Laura and ordering a bunch of Elbees and a pants and wooly bullys over the phone. They came a few weeks later. "Memories...light the corners of my mind...misty watered colored meeeeemooories of the way we were".....
#20 of 206 Old 12-04-2004, 02:06 PM

At Thanksgiving, I was filled with nostalgia over the sale at Fluffymail last Thanksgiving when I picked up a few fitteds for CHEAP. Those were the days!
#21 of 206 Old 12-04-2004, 02:08 PM

I too remember finding instock at Kiwi Pie without having to stalk like crazy. That wasn't even a year ago! Glad I got them while I could,lol.

~Rose~ 

Homeschooling Mom to Two Boys, 13 & 9. rainbow1284.gif Baby Girl Arriving April 2013!

#22 of 206 Old 12-04-2004, 03:01 PM

I'm here too!

I remember for one RB stocking there were 104 people on line and I managed to snag a fitted! I was so excited!! I also remember getting up at 3:00 am to snag FMBG.

Mommy of 3 super charged kiddos
#23 of 206 Old 12-04-2004, 03:05 PM

Hello guys! I miss stalking for dipes so much!!!
#24 of 206 Old 12-04-2004, 03:07 PM

I remember those days!

Remember Tuesday Bear stockings? When you COULD NOT get a soaker... just a soaker! Pants were IMPOSSIBLE, lol. What else... RBs were impossible, Kiwi-Pie was INSTOCK! Can you imagine???

Amy: Certified Professional Midwife and mom to Max (11) and Stella (6).
#25 of 206 Old 12-04-2004, 03:22 PM

OLD :LOL . I started lurking here in September 2003 when we began to CD my then 4 mo dd. I think I might have joined then but I mostly lurked (still do) and then I couldn't remember my user name so I didn't officially (re)join until December.
I dont think I ever reached hyena status but I did sniff around a bit after newbie/hyena extraordinaire JennInSeattle back then. ( ya Jenn)
I remember when Heather Sanders owned PunkinButt and how I bookmarked all her recommended sites for wool. Boy, did she have a terrific stash. I didn't have much expertise or $$ but I did have good taste.
#26 of 206 Old 12-04-2004, 04:43 PM

I am still here

I remember when there was no First Class Baby and Kiwi Pie.

The big places to stalk were SOS, FMBG , and Sugarpeas.I could never get an SOS because she had this crazy cart and I would complain every Friday about it.And as soon as the notice would come through from Sugarpeas I would run over to find all the size 1's gone already.

I remember Heather as the diapering mod.She was fun because she was involved with all of our diaper talk.

I also remember so many mamas who don't post here anymore and I miss them all
#27 of 206 Old 12-04-2004, 04:49 PM

I'm still stickin around Yep, I remember monthly Diaper Gardens... I still have a reservation! :LOL

I can't believe those SOS are just sitting there! They used to be snapped up in 2 seconds flat!
#28 of 206 Old 12-04-2004, 04:52 PM

...sigh...i miss wahmall. i miss stalking jody's honeyboy auctions. i never did win one when they were the most popular diaper out there going for $100-$200 a piece. i did finally score one about a year ago for $30 from jody.

i also remember cuddlebuns coming back & making a huge hit at wahmall. i remember sugarpeas when she just opened (back on the pp diapering board) and she couldn't keep stock for more than 2 seconds.

sigh...
#29 of 206 Old 12-04-2004, 06:30 PM

Well I'm still around after a hiatus between babes. I remember ordering SOS custom too. I too still have Fuz diaper garden reservations. I remember when Heather used to mod and post a lot before her son was born. Also when Carrie of Sugarpeas hung around here sometimes.
There were fewer diaper choices around. I think actually more people cd now and it's a growing market (hopefully that keeps happening).

Mama to 12, and 9 and 3. 
#30 of 206 Old 12-04-2004, 06:44 PM

I started coming here just at the very end of all that, I think...I remember crazy SOS/Sugarpeas/RB/FMBG stockings and all that. I think that Oceanone is right: there are more wahms around. The whole wool craze has taken over - that's the hyena stuff these days. And now even the wool market is getting kind of saturated - I mean the MM/BBB/KP stuff all goes in a heartbeat, but there are a lot of knitters out there! Which of course is great - more mamas making money at home.
Anyways I'll go hide under a rock...I have never been much of a hyena!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page