How is your Very Baby AIO holding up? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 56 Old 12-29-2004, 01:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The mediums I have bought from Jess's grandmother at very baby, and the medium I bought from Sunshine ages ago are EXACTLY the same. I have since bought a whole slew of medium longs from Sunshine, and they are too big. I haven't bought medium longs from Very Baby, just a bunch of xsmalls for the new baby.

ETA: OH!! I almsot forgot!! I meant to say earlier that my mediums from VB are hemp jersey in the body and hemp french terry in the soaker, no birdseye at all. And my medium long dipes from Sunshine are birdseye in the body but a 4 layer hemp french terry soaker in the body. I never get hemp issues, even with internal soakers, and these have proved the rule. Ironically, the all-hemp ones from VB dry the quickest, are the thinnest/trimmest, and I love them most.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 56 Old 12-29-2004, 02:03 PM

I tried a med on my dd, and the fit wasn't very good. Too short on the rise and wide on the stride. The applix was very weak as well. Haven't been tempted to go back. I'm really confused by all the vb madness around here. Not sure who made mine- I think I got it from Spark on the tp.

Holli, you qualify, imho, as an expert because you've seen so many dipes and done so much research. Sure, your baby's habits may change some of your opinions, but it's foolish to anticipate how. All baby's change our mindsets differently.
#33 of 56 Old 12-29-2004, 02:10 PM

Okay, now I'm even more confused. :LOL The med rise at VB is listed as 16.5" and 15" at FlutterbyBaby, but they are the same? Also, Jess' PUL is 1 MIL, is that that "breathable" PUL? I always thought we needed 2 MIL (and assumed that is what is on our VBs from Sunshine), but if we're using 1 MIL than I guess it's fine since we never have wicking issues.
#34 of 56 Old 12-29-2004, 02:14 PM

I don't know about posted rise measurements, but that's my experience. Also, I have no idea what kind of PUL Sunshine uses, but I know that the ones I have from VB are 1mm, and it's really nice and stretchy and soft, and no wicking ever.
#35 of 56 Old 12-29-2004, 02:16 PM

Thanks! I think I'll just order one from Jess to try. I really like the birdseye, but am curious what they are like with all hemp.
#36 of 56 Old 12-29-2004, 02:24 PM

Is VB open for customs???
#37 of 56 Old 12-29-2004, 02:26 PM

We have @ 13 VB AIO's w/ the internal soaker - all Mediums _ Em is 15 pounds & @24 inches - They fit great -
Yes the drying time sucks but its not like I am standing over them w/ a blowdryer doing it - I normally do it twice on high.
I've never had wicking problems or snakes.
We use them at night 7pm to 6:30 am w/ 2 superboosters & she has never leaked!
I also bought from sunshine.
I LOVE my VB's & am decidiing if I want to up to the M/L or not -
We use them about everyother day, for long car trips they are fantastic!

Kate, BioMama to Emma Lu, Elliana - Almost Mama to Martin, & Foster Mama to Baby T
#38 of 56 Old 12-29-2004, 02:28 PM

I asked Sunshine about the different rise measurements and she double checked with Jess' measurements. Jess' 16.5" rise is measured prior to sewing, while Sunshine's rise of 15" is after sewing. So, both Flutterby Baby and the original VB from Jess have a final rise of 15" after being sewn.
#39 of 56 Old 12-29-2004, 02:35 PM

I've had my VB AIO's for a few months now and they are holding up well and I really like them.

I wasn't sure about the birdseye at first, but decided I'd give it a try. I'm glad I did, it works fine. I was trying to get away from my whole stash being hemp, so this was a nice option. I also like the internal soaker for the same reasons Angelica mentioned. I they are very trim and that's one reason why I like them so much.

I don't mind the drying time, they usually are done in one cycle if not I hang them up. It doesn't bother me to have to do that, since normal laundry requires me to have to hang things up too to finish drying. I figure I'm either spending the time folding it or hanging it.

For us the aplix is both mommy and daddy friendly. Connor is absolutely beastly when it comes to diaper changes and we need the quickest way to get a diaper on him. I guess the term 'daddy friendly' means different things to different people. In our house DH asks for 'daddy friendly' dipes if I'm not around. It's not meant in a derrogartory way at all, just referencing something that is easier for him to use. He can use snaps, but aplix is easier for him to manuver.

As far as the internal soakers not getting clean....I don't know. I can't see how it's much different than a fitted getting clean, but maybe I'm missing something.

No diaper snakes here either.

I also do prefer FCB AIO's but they are hard to come by. Plus Connor doesn't have much room left in them (even the size 2) and the VB's will last him a lot longer.

I don't think they are more (even when you add in the options) than many other AIO's I've bought before. Some other popular AIO's are $24 and $25.

Mommy of 3 super charged kiddos
#40 of 56 Old 12-29-2004, 02:51 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
For all those out there who have doubts about birdseye, I recommend trying it out. I had my doubts but finally decided to try it and I am amazed at the absorbency. When Sunshine cut off the tip of her finger while I was waiting on an order she offered to upgrade mine to hemp, but I refused, I like how they are hemp free. What I wish they didn't have is flannel, I could definitely live without flannel in my life, LOL...

And about the snap issue, I checked out the snap placement when I was gonna order some of my VB AIO's, but I personally don't like how the snaps look on the diaper, the aplix is much neater, but Holli, I feel you on the chalkboard thing, I am like that with styrafoam(sp. is so off sorry), I can't stand to be in the same room when the stuff is being removed from a box or something, so if I felt the same way about aplix, I would stay so far away from it. Well, at least that means no velcro shoes for baby Mari and future babe's, I hate velcro shoes. Isn't it funny the things that bother us...

Okay off to go fill my belly now...baby is yelling at me.

Non Practicing Midwife, going back to school! Mamma to my 3 loves, living each day to the fullest.
#41 of 56 Old 12-29-2004, 03:03 PM

I wanted to add (before my computer crashed on me ) that when I added my reply I hadn't read the whole thread. I had skimmed here and there and picked up on what some people felt (wasn't paying attention to who) were issues with the diapers, and I responded to that. I wasn't discounting anyones opinion or trying to persuede them either way!

Mommy of 3 super charged kiddos
#42 of 56 Old 12-29-2004, 03:27 PM

I have found that I like the natural birdseye better then the bleached version.I think because it tricks me into thinking it is hemp or something :LOL
#43 of 56 Old 12-29-2004, 03:49 PM

I like natural birdseye too! I pretend it's organic. LOL.
Oh, and to the OP, I wanted to mention that I have a VB AIO from the 1st Very Baby opening (which I can't even remember when that was. Beginning of the year, I think ), and it looks/works great. I also dry mine on HOT, and have had no problems.
#44 of 56 Old 12-30-2004, 01:01 AM

One more thing that is awesome about VB AIOs (well, awesome for Lexi, anyway :LOL) is the turned legs. There's no serging to rub her thighs, and they fit sooooo much better under trimmer cut pants than serged AIOs.

After what Angelica wrote about changing a squirming baby on your lap in 2 feet of space, I'm remembering the times I've changed her in the car and thinking I need even more of these for the little pea on the way :LOL

Half-marathon running Mommy to 3 spunky girls and 1 sweet boy. Spending my days and nights where my kids need me most- at home with them!!

#45 of 56 Old 12-30-2004, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggins&Doody
I like natural birdseye too! I pretend it's organic. LOL.
You can get organic VB AIOs from Snuggle You !

-Alice, SAHM to dd (2001) and ds (2004) each of whom was a homebirth.jpg, who each self-weaned at 4.5 years bfolderchild.gif, who both fambedsingle2.gif'd, who were bothcd.gif, and both: novaxnocirc.gif.   Also, gd.gif, and goorganic.jpg!

#46 of 56 Old 12-30-2004, 10:11 AM

I was staying out of this thread but I do need to add something about velcro shoes! I always swore my kids would never wear them. I hate them hate them hate them! Still do hate them with a passion. But my 3-year-old wears them because he throws huges fits over tying his shoes. He refuses to let us tie them and wants them tucked in but then they fly off his feet or he trips on them. So we bought him velcro shoes he can do himself and we don't have to fight with him.

So never say never. That is the main lesson I have learned through parenting.

Mom to 4! Welcomed Aila Wren on Friday, February 25th!
#47 of 56 Old 12-30-2004, 12:57 PM

Oh boy I can't wait for those power struggles, Kate--they sound fun! My 16 month old doesn't have a really strong will yet, but I'm assuming it will peak either during this pregnancy (super ) or after the baby is born, and I'm struggling with getting two babes into winter clothes/shoes suitable for artic Finnish weather next autumn (winter comes cruelly early round here!).
#48 of 56 Old 12-30-2004, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayleeZoo

After what Angelica wrote about changing a squirming baby on your lap in 2 feet of space, I'm remembering the times I've changed her in the car and thinking I need even more of these for the little pea on the way :LOL
That's why I've bought 12 xsmalls--that, and even grandparents and great grandparents will be able to figure them out, and they'll be so trim under the little light cottons footie sleepers, so no bubble butt to ruin the teensy eensy-ness!
#49 of 56 Old 12-30-2004, 01:05 PM

I bought 3 AIO's 3 months ago they are Red,Orange,and Lime Green they are gorgeous yes I dry mine in the Dryer.No snakes the fold back laundry tabs are great.I have smalls they work great for my 4 month old who is long and skinny. I got them from Jessica Gydesen at mommy's little sweetie she is new so I got my Diapers very quickly Iam planning on ordering a Blue,yellow,and Turquoise AIO's from her this month.Darcy mommie to Alora 4 months old
#50 of 56 Old 12-30-2004, 01:16 PM

Kate, this SO happened to us, too! I swore my kids would never wear velcro shoes. Then came the battle of shoe-tying It takes forever to get out of the house as it is without those episodes. I bought her slip on Nikes with the elastic uppers, but she can't do them by herself- those suckers are hard!

Quote:
So never say never. That is the main lesson I have learned through parenting
Yep, this would be me, too. Humbling little boogers, aren't they? :LOL

Half-marathon running Mommy to 3 spunky girls and 1 sweet boy. Spending my days and nights where my kids need me most- at home with them!!

#51 of 56 Old 12-30-2004, 01:18 PM

Angelica, I have 6 XS but I'm thinking I better be getting at least 6 more. I remember the days of trying to uncurl those teeny little froggy legs to get a dipe and cover both on and it makes me want to order one in every color :LOL

#52 of 56 Old 12-30-2004, 01:42 PM

Count me in as another humbled mama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayleeZoo
Angelica, I have 6 XS but I'm thinking I better be getting at least 6 more. I remember the days of trying to uncurl those teeny little froggy legs to get a dipe and cover both on and it makes me want to order one in every color :LOL
Totally! I'm going to get a total of 24 in xs, methinks..... (Probably none in small, and plenty in mediums)
#53 of 56 Old 12-30-2004, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter

Well, all , thanks for the replies. I'm gearing up to do a stash sell off and then order my Very Baby AIOs....

You want to hear something funny? One of the first diapers I EVER bought was a Bumkins AIO. We actually liked it although it wasn't very absorbent. But I was too obsessed and had to go through all the options out there. Pockets, Fitteds, Hemp, Fleece, OC cotton, Wool, Fitteds, Prefolds, Flats, and so on and so on. I can find something I love about every diaper out there. Oh, and something that I hate. lol. Its going to be hard to let my diapers go.

But with 2 in diapers I have come to admit to myself that I need simplicity in a big way. So Very Baby gives me what I need right now. I had one (large, needed a medium) so I know they are well made, and very adjustable in fit. I'm kind of done with being obsessed with diapering and just want something reliable that fits both kids, and that is easy to boot. AND NOT A SPOSIE! LOL!

If I can come up with money, I'm going to buy 24 of these! And add to my 12 trimmed prefolds (hmmmm maybe pick up some more prefolds), keep some of my favorite wool and call it a day.

That's the plan for now.
#54 of 56 Old 12-30-2004, 04:56 PM

sounds like a good plan!
#55 of 56 Old 12-30-2004, 05:45 PM

angelica.. you may want some in smalls I dont have any XS but ive been using the smalls on willow since she was born (a little over 8 lbs) and they have been perfect. I can take a picture of them on her now if you want... i think she is close to if not over 11 lbs, LOL
#56 of 56 Old 12-30-2004, 05:51 PM

Oh the reason I don't want any in smalls, is that I think that mediums will fit really soon (I've seen pictures of six week olds in them), and after babe has chunked up and doesn't scream bloody murder at being changed/undressed, I want to use size small KHW and wool covers/soakers on babe. It's kind of a lot of money to get a bunch in xsmall and then get smalls, too, when what I really want them for is the first 3-4 weeks, and after that more time intensive diaper changes are fine by me.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page