Buying cloth wipes on Ebay - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 12-30-2004, 09:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just can't do it. I did see a set of 3 that were cute at $1 but the shipping was the same and what if someone out bid me? I just can't see buying 3 flannel wipes for $2.

I can go to the fabric store and get so much more for the same price if I do it myself.

Has anyone bought cloth wipes off of ebay? Or where do you get them?

Sarah - wife, mom to Riley 7/9/03 and Jacob 7/15/05 and Hannah 1/5/11 a successful vbac.gif
#2 of 8 Old 12-30-2004, 09:51 PM

I did, I can't remember the seller's username. When I first got them, I was happy, but after I washed them, some shrank a litle differently than others. I think it came in a pk of 32 or 36. They were flannel ones, and they look kind of old already (it's been about 5 mo), but I think that's just the nature of flannel, and that's why I refuse to get flannel dipes, b/c it looks ratty as soon as you wash them.

To be honest, sherpa/velour wipes are my favorite, and IMO worth the $. If you can make them yourself, that's great. If not, my favorite wipes are from www.preciousdignity.com Deanna's work is top notch and you will fall in love with her wipes. Her dipes are fab too, I love my poochies. I also feel that she has reasonable prices.
#3 of 8 Old 12-30-2004, 09:53 PM

I haven't bought cloth off Ebay. Just like you I keep thinking it's too pricey for... unknown quality! The wipes I love are www.lullabydiapers.com sherpa velour are YUMMY! Shandelle (Todzwife) here on MDC has great wipes. Also, I've been eyeing Harleyz wipeez that are hand dyed sherpa. I think that link is something like www.wahmarama.com or something like that. HTH!

Spark and her four firecrackers.
#4 of 8 Old 12-30-2004, 10:02 PM

I have shandele's wipes and love THEM!
#5 of 8 Old 12-30-2004, 10:55 PM

My first cloth wipes purchase came from ebay and I them! The seller's name was something like SMJAE. I think she sells cd'ing stuff pretty regularly. The wipes are double-sided sherpa. They aren't anything fancy looking but they are super super soft!!! With my purchase she threw in some free flannel wipes also! I would totally recommend her wipes to anyone.
#6 of 8 Old 12-31-2004, 12:44 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mags
To be honest, sherpa/velour wipes are my favorite, and IMO worth the $. If you can make them yourself, that's great. If not, my favorite wipes are from www.preciousdignity.com Deanna's work is top notch and you will fall in love with her wipes. Her dipes are fab too, I love my poochies. I also feel that she has reasonable prices.
Wow her prices are pretty good!

Sarah - wife, mom to Riley 7/9/03 and Jacob 7/15/05 and Hannah 1/5/11 a successful vbac.gif
#7 of 8 Old 12-31-2004, 01:20 AM

I was very happy w/ this seller, she had the same deal back in October:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&rd=1&tc=photo

They have held up very well!
#8 of 8 Old 01-04-2005, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerchic21
Wow her prices are pretty good!
Sarah-

Yup, deanna has great prices and I just loooove her wipes. With baby #2 on the way, I will need to order another 2 doz of her wipes, b/c they are heavenly!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page