Hey guess what! I LOVE kissaluvs! *and a questions about washing* - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 01-05-2005, 01:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Out of complete desperation I decided to get in on the outlet's amazing deal and I ordered a dozen...praying that they may be the answer we needed over here. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my prefolds and they are constantly in rotation, but I NEEDED more fitteds. I have 8 that fit him right at the moment- and 6 more that "fit" but are on the last snaps and leave red marks. So I got size 1's. DS is a skinny little bugger with a 16 inch waist, 13 inch rise w/ no diaper and 10 inch thighs. I was afraid that they would be too low in the rise, but they aren't- they fit great and they are SO cute and squishy. Of course I tried it on before I washed it and I expect a bit of shrinkage, but I could cross over the tabs on those puppies! Dallin's not a heavy wetter and I change him a lot so absorbancy should be fine- and I can always add a doubler.

Anyway- anyone know- can he use them tomorrow if I've washed them on hot and dried them on hot twice??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 14 Old 01-05-2005, 01:13 AM

They might not be to peak absorbancy yet, but you can definately use them for sure
#3 of 14 Old 01-05-2005, 01:13 AM

I also LOVE Kissaluvs! They are absolutely the softest diapers we've tried. I love the soft waist and legs on them.

They will gain a bit more absorbency as you wash them, but you can definitely just wash them once and use them right away.

So did you get any of the cute colors?
#4 of 14 Old 01-05-2005, 01:21 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisabc311
I also LOVE Kissaluvs! They are absolutely the softest diapers we've tried. I love the soft waist and legs on them.

They will gain a bit more absorbency as you wash them, but you can definitely just wash them once and use them right away.

So did you get any of the cute colors?
No darn it- I just got natural w/ purple serging.
#5 of 14 Old 01-05-2005, 01:24 AM

Well those are cute too! :LOL
#6 of 14 Old 01-05-2005, 01:59 AM

Yeah, the outlet sale is something, isn't it?! I bought our original stash at a similar sale last winter (Feb., I think?), and those diapers at that price have just spoiled me for everything else. I know there are "better" diapers, and I even have some I've found on the TP, but Kissaluv's work great for most of our everyday needs, and you can't beat the price. My seconds are holding up great after nearly a year of hard use, too.
#7 of 14 Old 01-05-2005, 02:02 AM - Thread Starter

I can't even figure out why they are seconds... :LOL I can't wait to use them tomorrow!! Well- for Dallin to use them, but you know what I mean!
#8 of 14 Old 01-05-2005, 10:56 AM

I really like our kissaluvs and found they didn't shrink (I have some colors). I used them right after the first wash and now are broken in fine. They get used every day and she usually wears one at night with a doubler under a sp wool cover, sure its wet in the morning but so was everything else I was using plus all I had were leaks, they never leak, just suck up all the wet. For us they are a great diaper and her bum never gets red in them as it does sometimes in hemp.
#9 of 14 Old 01-05-2005, 11:44 AM

I don't understand why some Moms find Kissaluvs to not be absorbent?

They are no less absorbent than any of my other diapers (although I do find my hemp diapers to be a bit more absorbent but we only use those at night).

Even when my DS was a heavy soaker they absorbed just as well as every other diaper we owned.
#10 of 14 Old 01-05-2005, 11:54 AM

NAK!

just sold what I had of regular kissaluvs. I think the reason why I always thought they're not absorbent enough, is because when I would change ds the front of the diaper would be soaked. And even though it wouldn't go through the cover, it only took a bit of urine to soak the entire diaper and.. ds is a light wetter, LOL, but I guess I'm comparing them to pockets, the moisture is always away from his skin, so he's always dry, that's why I like pockets. I still have a couple contours, that I like a lot
#11 of 14 Old 01-05-2005, 11:58 AM

Shandelle.. did you get my package? LOL I didn't realize it was you! :LOL
#12 of 14 Old 01-05-2005, 12:10 PM

Those are the cutest diapers! But DD has a huge diaper booty with them.
#13 of 14 Old 01-05-2005, 12:44 PM

I really liked Kissaluvs when I had them, too, but DS is a big pee-er and drenched them (but they weren't anywhere close to new, either). Not exactly trim on him either. They're a great diaper, though, so stretchy and cozy.
#14 of 14 Old 01-05-2005, 01:04 PM

I have been wanting to buy some of those for the new baby. Where did you get yours?

Sarah - wife, mom to Riley 7/9/03 and Jacob 7/15/05 and Hannah 1/5/11 a successful vbac.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page