Houston Area Diaper Party - THIS FRIDAY! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-23-2005, 05:22 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sorry to post again, but what do people do at diaper party's I have never been. I just assumed that you talk about diapers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2005, 05:24 PM

Ok, so y'all want me to check out my church? How many do we think will be coming?
Gossamer

Before you were conceived, I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were a minute old, I would have died for you. That is the miracle of life. ~Maureen Hawkins~
Old 01-23-2005, 05:41 PM

I totally missed the thread. I am gonna post at the Houston Cloth Yahoo group so everyone knows we are chatting over here about getting together. I have to be honest and say I know I have been to Memorial City, but I can't for the life of me remember where it is. LOL! I think it is called 9th month stupidity. I am due any day now, but I certainly want to make it.

As for what a cloth diaper party is... it is basically like a play day but you get together with like minded cloth diapering moms as opposed to whatever other connection you may have. You are also welcomed to bring your fluff to show off or trade or whatever. I am warning you though...we have some true Hyenas in here.

It is a bummer we missed Kim "Foster sk" or now "Mama K" leaving though. She is visiting with family before she heads off to the mission fields. She left last week We'll miss you at the gathering Kim!

Let me know what is decided, I look forward to it.
Old 01-23-2005, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldaughrity
I have to be honest and say I know I have been to Memorial City, but I can't for the life of me remember where it is. LOL! I think it is called 9th month stupidity. I am due any day now, but I certainly want to make it.

It is a bummer we missed Kim "Foster sk" or now "Mama K" leaving though. She is visiting with family before she heads off to the mission fields. She left last week We'll miss you at the gathering Kim!

Let me know what is decided, I look forward to it.
Memorial City mall is on 290 near Beltway8. It really has had a very nice makeover. (Love that fireplace area!)

Yep, its a playdate with lots if chatting about diapers. :LOL And drooling over each others pretty fluff.

Ack! I can't believe you are so close Lea Anne. And on missing Kim. How long are they going to be in Ireland? A year?
Old 01-23-2005, 09:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mum2tori
Memorial City mall is on 290 near Beltway8. It really has had a very nice makeover. (Love that fireplace area!)
Sam, you've been gone too long already. It's at I-10 and Gessner, just inside (east) of Beltway 8.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Old 01-23-2005, 09:39 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I just checked with Memorial City Mall, and there are no party rooms or such. The lady seemed to think there were "partyable" areas in the food court near the carousel, but I dunno if that's what we're looking for. (I'd personally love to be able to sit around and talk fluffl without worrying if my kids have escaped! :LOL)

Taft Street Coffeehouse sounds interesting, too! I think I've heard of it but never been down there. Why don't we see what's available and when? As for number of people, it looks like we have 12 mamas interested at this point, plus kids (probably 12-18 kids).

So Gossamer and lpmeadows, let us know what you find out!

Anyone have thoughts on dates? I've suggested Feb 11, but Lea Anne might not make it that long. I'd be good for most any Tuesday, too.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Old 01-24-2005, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherB
Sam, you've been gone too long already. It's at I-10 and Gessner, just inside (east) of Beltway 8.
Right after I typed that I was like... or is it I-10... :LOL I always do that.

Yeah, the sitting areas are really a little too "open" to let the kids run around.
Old 01-24-2005, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter

Happy Monday, Houston mamas! Anymore thoughts on the party?

Old 01-24-2005, 07:22 PM

I'd be interested, too! Especially true since I'm a new mom and I really need to get out of the house! Fridays are good for me.

Jenn
Old 01-24-2005, 08:06 PM
Banned

I just talked with the people at taft street and they won't have any meeting rooms avaliable till the second and third weeks in April. Which probably wont work out for us, but I am having them send their meeting room retal info to me for in the future.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:04 AM - Thread Starter

Jenn, welcome and congrats on the new baby!

lpmeadows, thanks for checking on Taft Street! I would definitely like to have a get together before April, but that might work for another one later.

Gossamer, have you been able to check with your church? Can't wait to hear!

Old 01-25-2005, 12:49 PM

I'm new here, but I would love to come and see everyone's diapers. I'm definitely a closet addict.

Stacey
Old 01-25-2005, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome, Stacey! I hope we'll have a good turn out. At this point I guess we're planning on Friday, Feb 11, as no one has yet objected to it.

Old 01-25-2005, 06:49 PM

Thanks! We pretty much don't have a life, so the 11th will be great for us

All I have to bring are some homemade VB's - they're my current craze. Even though I only registered yesterday, I've been lurking here for a long time.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey247
Thanks! We pretty much don't have a life, so the 11th will be great for us

All I have to bring are some homemade VB's - they're my current craze. Even though I only registered yesterday, I've been lurking here for a long time.
How cool! I'd love to see them! I my VBs. I'm waiting on an order of VB AIOs and pockets, and they might actually be here in time for the party. I have absolutely no ability to sew, though! :LOL

Old 01-25-2005, 07:13 PM

OK ladies, I have talked to my church. They don't think it will be a problem. I told them we wouldn't need any kind of set up or provisions, just somewhere we could visit. The lady in charge is out until Monday, but her back up said she didn't see a problem with it. And there should be no charge for the room. I didn't know what time to tell her, so I just said for a couple of hours during the day when it would be most convenient for the church. Is that ok?
Gossamer

Before you were conceived, I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were a minute old, I would have died for you. That is the miracle of life. ~Maureen Hawkins~
Old 01-25-2005, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter

Sounds great! Do you know if there will be things there for the kids to play with, or should we figure out some things to bring for them? Let us know when you hear what time will be best for the church, and then we can see who all can make it.

I'm so excited! This will be fun!

Old 01-25-2005, 08:07 PM

To be on the safe side, I would suggest everybody bring stuff. I might be able to borrow some things, but if I start asking for too much, they might start asking for money. So I am trying to make it as trouble free for them as possible.
Gossamer

Old 01-25-2005, 08:13 PM - Thread Starter

That sounds reasonable. I might be able to get paper/crayons/etc. for the kids to use. Maybe we can think about some activities to keep them occupied but also not risk anyone's favorite toys, KWIM?

Also, for previous Houston area diaper parties, a Yahoo! group had been set up. It's membership is moderated now so that we "know" everyone in the group - a bit more private for discussing the hows and wheres. Would anyone be opposed to discussing more over there? It's http://groups.yahoo.com/group/houstoncloth/

Old 01-26-2005, 02:32 AM

The church sounds great. I also have a 4 1/2 year old who will be coming, anyone else have older ones coming? I just joined the yahoo group - I never knew about it and have been CDing for 2 years!!!
Old 01-26-2005, 05:12 AM - Thread Starter

I'm going through and adding everyone to the group who has joined. Please do list your MDC name, just to make it easier, too. I think the houstoncloth group was started to plan another diaper party last summer. Is that right, Samantha and Lea Anne? That's when I joined, anyway! It hasn't been too active lately, but I'd love to see it active again, planning our get-together.

I will have my almost-3yo DS (who's PT'd but wears cloth trainers at night!) as well as my CD'd 5mo DS. I'd definitely like to get an idea of how many kids and what ages will be coming, so we can make sure to keep them happy.

Old 01-26-2005, 11:46 AM
Banned

I am waiting to join the group.
Old 01-27-2005, 06:13 AM - Thread Starter

I think everyone who was pending has now been added. If you haven't joined, please do! (Please give your MDC name when you request membership.) And check on the group's website (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/houstoncloth/) to read the intros everyone is posting. New ones will be emailed to you, but most people probably missed a few before they joined.

Old 02-04-2005, 01:03 AM

Hey, I didn't want to get left out but I haven't been approved for the yahoo group yet. :
I'd love to come and learn all about what I'll need in the first 6 weeks after Zoe's born! Please please!!!!
Old 02-05-2005, 10:19 PM - Thread Starter

We're planning our get-together for NEXT FRIDAY - February 11, from 10am to 1pm. Join the Yahoo! group or PM me for details!

Old 02-10-2005, 07:05 AM - Thread Starter

Just a reminder that the party is TOMORROW! Friday, February 11th! If you need more info, PM or email me or join the Yahoo! group!

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Off to get ready...

:LOL

User Tag List