FB or Wonderoos? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 01-30-2005, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have another CD question from a newbie. I got some XS FB and I really like them. They're super soft, trim, and easy to use compared to the prefolds and proraps that we also use. I'm thinking about investing in a package deal of pocket diapers for when my daughter outgrows the preemie and newborn stash I have now. So, I can see why people like FB and I know they have a good resale value, but you have to buy new sizes 2 or 3 times when diapering you child. Wonderoos say that they are 1 size, 8-35 ponds. Is there a down side to Wonderoos I don't know about? Otherwise, couldn't I just buy 12-18 Wonderoos and never have to buy another diaper again? Maybe that's it, people actually like to buy new diapers from time to time...(me too, but it gets pricey)
#2 of 14 Old 01-30-2005, 02:56 PM

I think it's important to remember that body type plays a role in how long the Wonderoos will fit too. I know a momma who's having to buy new again because her little guy (at about 28 pounds I think) is almost outgrown the Wonderoos. They can leave red marks on chunky thighed toddlers too. I'd say buy a Wonderoo and see which you like better.
#3 of 14 Old 01-30-2005, 03:00 PM - Thread Starter

I actually have 3 Wonderoos, but my daughter isn't big enough for them yet (she's not yet 6 pounds) so I haven't actually used one yet. They seem quite similar to the FB though. The way I see it, I'd have to get FB in 2-3 more sizes for certain if I decided to do FB, but Wonderoos (and then possibly something larger if she outgrows them) only once. I'm just wondering if Wonderoos don't hold up as well, or stain, or smell or something?
#4 of 14 Old 01-30-2005, 03:06 PM

Ds went straight into wonderoos at birth - he was a 10lber. HOwever, they were too small on dd when she was comfortable in large FB. If your babe is born chunky then slims down they'd probably work right through, but dont for my kiddos. I still like them though, but if moneys no issue I prefer FB, but that is just a personal preference.
#5 of 14 Old 01-30-2005, 04:52 PM

I've had wonderful luck with Wonderoos. They fit my little girl great, and we've had them for over a year. I like the suedecloth: the poop peels off of it so easily. THe suedecloth also doesn't pill like fleece does, so the diapers stay new looking longer.
#6 of 14 Old 01-30-2005, 07:43 PM

wonderoos didn't fit my DD well until she was about 15 pounds....
#7 of 14 Old 01-30-2005, 07:48 PM

It really depends on the baby's shape. I personally didn't care for the inner of Wonderoos, that and all the snaps. Get one of each and see what works best for you, there are mama's that love Wonderoos.
#8 of 14 Old 01-30-2005, 08:06 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wonderoos are a nightmare for tired parents hands, the snaps are all over the place, also we never got a good fit on my son, by the time he was 15 pounds and they still leaked pee everytime he went, we gave up and sold them to somebody who they did work for.

Non Practicing Midwife, going back to school! Mamma to my 3 loves, living each day to the fullest.
#9 of 14 Old 01-30-2005, 08:12 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
I have no idea about wonderoos but I thought I'd chime in and say that I'm loving my xs fb's on my 3 week old also! I'm excited to use the small fb in pretty colors that I bought back when I thought I'd have a full-term normal-sized babe! I can't wait to put that hot pink diaper on her!
Meg

treehugger.gifjog.gifgreenthumb.gifknit.gifnamaste.gif

#10 of 14 Old 01-30-2005, 08:15 PM

The other thing to consider is, even though one-sized systems seem like a better deal than buying multiple sizes, there are many brands of diapers that act practically one-sized for *your* child. For example, when we started CD'ing, L was 3 months and would have just been growing out of most NB/small stuff I guess. The Wonderoos seemed like a great idea but just didn't fit her body, so I bought medium FBs for her at that point and they still fit her with tons of room to grow. Her growth has slowed down now so I may not need to size up until she is 2 or maybe never. So anyway, if Wonderoos don't work for you for some reason, something unexpected might!

Tara
#11 of 14 Old 01-30-2005, 09:33 PM

I agree with the PP. Tillman has been in med FB forever and we are on the first snaps on the waist still. Wonderoos would be way too much as far as snaps for my DH and he can work FB great.
#12 of 14 Old 01-30-2005, 09:51 PM

we love our wonderoos...been fitting DD since about 8 weeks old (big but fit) my dd is 8 months now and i love them. i think my dd will get to use em until shes potty trained. i also love suedecloth and no pilling or repelling issues ever!!!

Shelly, Mom to Sophia 5 Nicholas 3 & 2 Angels
Its a GIRL! Alyssa Ann 6/29/10 7lbs 5 oz
#13 of 14 Old 01-31-2005, 12:17 AM

I'm a Roo loving momma! We have about 30 of them. I love the suedecloth....in my opinion it seems a little bit trimmer than fleece. Plus, no pilling! I got into cloth diapering when my DD was 2 months old....that's when I bought my first Wonderoo. We've been on the same snap setting since then! My DD is now 9 months old and we still snap them where there is only one snap showing between the wings. We've never snapped the rise down. You will have to do that on a little baby, but we started at 2 months so we never did. But if you do have to snap the rise, you can just leave it snapped even when you wash them so you wont have to always be snapping a lot of snaps....only the waist.

We love our Roos!

Kinda crunchy mama to my 3 DD's (ages 7, 4, and 6 weeks)

#14 of 14 Old 01-31-2005, 12:59 AM

I don't like one-size dipes. None of them fit my kiddos right. I had some Wonderoos, but by 25lbs my toddler was too big for them, and I had major leaks with them on my long skinny baby. Body type definitely plays a big role in how they will fit your child. Also, on FBs, I can't see my baby ever needing a large. She is very petite and still in smalls at 5.5 months.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page