I may get flamed for saying this... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-14-2005, 03:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
but I just have to get it out.

Anyone else notice the sudden influx of FCB fitteds on Ebay from the last stocking?

Last month it was Elbee... I think this month may be FCB.

Maybe March will be... I dunno, BBB? :LOL Although I think maybe three people own all of them (you know who you are!!! :LOL)

Mom to 4! Welcomed Aila Wren on Friday, February 25th!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2005, 03:16 PM

Old 02-14-2005, 03:18 PM

Old 02-14-2005, 03:23 PM

Yep
Old 02-14-2005, 03:24 PM

Oooh, oh, oh I hope hope hope it's Baa Baa Bottoms next month!! :LOL

I wont comment on the ebay thing. I only had to jump in b/c I saw BBB.

Candacepeace.gif, Married to dh   guitar.gif, Mom to ds (8) biggrinbounce.gif , Gavin candle.gif (9/30/10 - 12/19/10) and cautiously expecting our rainbow1284.gif 4-29-12

Old 02-14-2005, 03:27 PM - Thread Starter

Okay Holli, make that four people

And for what it's worth, I think it is totally cool to sell things on Ebay cuz lately I have been selling all my diapers there instead of the TP (so much easier and things actually sell for the price I would like!). Yes even hyena things BUT I do get a bit wierded out when all these auctions pop up saying they over bought by accident after the stocking.

ETA: I get weirded out because it makes me sad for the people who tried so hard to get something and didn't get anything.

Mom to 4! Welcomed Aila Wren on Friday, February 25th!
Old 02-14-2005, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holli
Well, I do know there are MANY more than 3 people who have a lot of BBB, if that helps at all.

Holli, 3 pants and 6 soakers and none of them are heading to eBay anytime soon! :LOL
where's the "awww shucks", smilie?! :LOL

haven't checked out ebay lately...might have to go and take a gander!! even though I know I won't bid...

Jesse, wife to DH , mama to DD 13, DS 11, DS 8, DD 6, DS 3 & bean EDD 12/18/13
Old 02-14-2005, 03:44 PM

I love the one's that say "My loss is your gain" ROFL, who are they kidding?
Old 02-14-2005, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spatulagirl

ETA: I get weirded out because it makes me sad for the people who tried so hard to get something and didn't get anything.

true, but even if everyone could have only bought 2 diapers max at the stocking and they had to sign a pledge that the diapers were for themselves and they were going to love them like another child for as long as they fit, there still would have been a lot of mamas that would have come away with nothing when they really wanted a FCB.

At least with ebay if you really want something you have more of a chance.

I got an LC that was too big for us, and I considered selling it on ebay because I could have gotten more $, but ended up passing it on to an mdc mama that I'm sure will love itl
Old 02-14-2005, 03:50 PM

Well personally when you need money you need money and if one particular brand of diaper is going to make you some why not.
Old 02-14-2005, 03:55 PM

You know, I say the Fluffy mamas really ought to impose buying limits at their stockings. In the larger retail world stores often limit the quantity that one buyer can purchase. It just doesn't seem fair to anyone that a customer is able to buy "in bulk" (and then make a profit) while other customers hope against hope of ever owning the product.

I will refrain from commenting on selling on ebay but that is just my $.02 on FM diapers.
Old 02-14-2005, 03:59 PM

IMO, selling new hyena diapers is like cutting off your nose to spite your face. I can't imagine that you would be considered a "good" customer when you do that. And I want to have good relationships with my WAHMs.

The only time that I could comprehend selling hyena stuff on eBay was when your diapering days were over and it was time to cash out, so to speak.

And I know that you aren't talking about my BBB. :LOL
Old 02-14-2005, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spatulagirl
but I just have to get it out.

Anyone else notice the sudden influx of FCB fitteds on Ebay from the last stocking?

Last month it was Elbee... I think this month may be FCB.

Maybe March will be... I dunno, BBB? :LOL Although I think maybe three people own all of them (you know who you are!!! :LOL)
Yup. I'll put on my flame-proof panties and stand next to you on that one . There's a difference between an impulse buy of one diaper and what's going on lately, this is getting a bit out of hand. I think I liked it better when you (generic you) didn't safely escape with a diaper until you checked out with it. More people got to share in the fluffy love, and less got to turn an Ebay profit. (small disclaimer: I'm not talking about anyone in particular, but just an observation)
Old 02-14-2005, 04:10 PM

Old 02-14-2005, 04:14 PM

I went. I saw. I definitely noticed!

The word scalping comes to mind. If you really "accidentally" over bought (yeah right), then put a 'buy it now' for the original purchase price.

I am sure I will be in the doghouse again, but my opinion has not changed
Old 02-14-2005, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEEPAE
its not like you cant return the brand new diaper for a refund.
Well wouldn't you have to pay return shipping? Then you would be out of some money off the bat.
Also weren't there some sizing issues with this round so perhaps they didn't fit like they had hoped?
The only place that I've ever shopped where buying limits are imposed is the grocery store and its for loss leader items. Not full retail items.
Old 02-14-2005, 04:19 PM

I haven't sold a NEW fcb on ebay, but I did sell a used one once. I understand why there are rules for the tp but that limits those who haven't met the requirments! I wouldn't buy a new one to sell on ebay! I think that is sad.
Old 02-14-2005, 04:21 PM

Old 02-14-2005, 04:23 PM

Old 02-14-2005, 04:31 PM

Quote:
the sizing issues are being fixed fully, so if it was a size issue why not send it back for the replacement?
Well some people are liking the roomier fit. So the OB(original buyer) sending it back would mean that someone else who likes the roomier fit couldn't purchase it. Anyhow its a free country and the FM mamas are business women and if the reselling bothered them they could do something like impose limits or go to selling on Ebay themselves. I don't know why I jumped in here because I haven't bought any FCB stuff for ages but I get bothered when I see these threads because I wonder why the heck do people care what they do with stuff once its purchased and paid for?
Old 02-14-2005, 04:31 PM

Edited because I can't say it without sounding rude.

And I wasn't flaming the OP. I think discussing this and sharing opinions is fine, it just always gets ugly. :LOL
Old 02-14-2005, 04:33 PM

Well...I know of one person who bought one to try it out and it didn't fit her son at ALL so she is ebaying it to give other people a chance to score. I don't see anything wrong with that at all..
Old 02-14-2005, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetfeet
but I get bothered when I see these threads because I wonder why the heck do people care what they do with stuff once its purchased and paid for?

I used to feel differently about reselling dipes, but came to the conclusion that it's really none of my business.
Old 02-14-2005, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetfeet
I don't know why I jumped in here because I haven't bought any FCB stuff for ages but I get bothered when I see these threads because I wonder why the heck do people care what they do with stuff once its purchased and paid for?
That is how I feel.Maybe I am self centered but I never sit around and think about what others are doing with their diapers :LOL
Old 02-14-2005, 04:50 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Hey, any diaper(or any other item for that matter) is only worth what somebody will pay for it, so to those mammas that sell off diapers, more power to them. Some people put things on eBay only to lose out dearly. Plus it's not so cut and dry as to say that people who bought in bulk are horrible for what they are doing, once the diapers leave the WAHM's hands into the customers, it's the customer's to do with it what they please, right? Maybe some people did buy them in bulk on purpose to sell them, I can understand how it makes them a little deceptive maybe, but it obviously doesn't upset everybody. If you think it's so terrible, then ignore them, your probably only giving them more attention/free advertising, but putting them out there. People who really want the diapers will pay for them, no matter what they may cost.

One thing I'm confused about is the return policy. I sold the FCB that I bought from the stocking before last, I was going to return it, but their website is unclear in their return policy, do they refund your money or give you store credit?

Quote:
Unwashed and unworn items may be returned, within 20 days, for store credit only, unless found to be defective. Shipping may only be credited on items found to be detective. Please read our warranty below for information on defective products.
Wow, Am I ranting again? I think I'm starting to lose my mind :

Non Practicing Midwife, going back to school! Mamma to my 3 loves, living each day to the fullest.
Old 02-14-2005, 04:57 PM

Eh... It's strange. I think that in a perfect world people would offer them back up for sale with a bin of exactly what they paid for it. But we don't live in a perfect world. I was bummed that I HAD no money for the stocking period

And I guess I really don't care what people do with the dipes either. I can't see me paying 85$ for an aio but that's just cause I don't have the money. If I did, I might

Tammy
Old 02-14-2005, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Maybe I am self centered but I never sit around and think about what others are doing with their diapers
Me, too

I just sold 3 Nightlights on eby (they were used, though) and they went higher than I expected. But I hope the mamas love them as much as we did. Now I get to buy some much-needed baby clothes for the little pea on the way. I really don't mind people selling/buying, etc. on ebay, whether new or used. I don't even think about it until someone here posts a thread about it :LOL

Half-marathon running Mommy to 3 spunky girls and 1 sweet boy. Spending my days and nights where my kids need me most- at home with them!!

Old 02-14-2005, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEEPAE

What is up with the stars?????
Old 02-14-2005, 05:07 PM

Quote:
I really don't mind people selling/buying, etc. on ebay, whether new or used.

I never even knew that its only ok to sell on Ebay when that item is a) readily available and no one else is hard up for one and b) you aren't making a profit.
I thought the main draw of Ebay was from a sellers vantage to buy cheap and ebay for profit and for the buyer to find something that you couldn't go to Walmart and easily purchase. Am I missing something?
Old 02-14-2005, 05:15 PM

you're not missing a thing.

and I agree with Jamie--I don't ponder what others do with their dipes.
Judging a person's actions when you don't know the whole story is just crummy--you don't know why they might need to ebay their brand new hyena fluff and it just isn't anyone outside that family's business.

User Tag List