Frustrated with used dipe buying - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 66 Old 02-22-2005, 05:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bumping this because I think my days of buying used diapers is coming to a close. I had bought one cover used and the seller said it was in very good condition no flaws. I got it and it had a tiny hole on the wing and the tag on one side wasn't even stitched on I got another wool cover in the mail today that was COVERED in dog hair : I have dogs but would never send an item out with that much hair on it!
#62 of 66 Old 02-22-2005, 05:12 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Is it too much to ask sellers to buy back products that buyers aren't happy with? Shouldn't they stand behind what they sell? I've offered to buy stuff back before when buyers weren't happy. Maybe you could contact this dog-hair lady and ask her to do the same.
#63 of 66 Old 02-22-2005, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greaseball
Is it too much to ask sellers to buy back products that buyers aren't happy with? Shouldn't they stand behind what they sell? I've offered to buy stuff back before when buyers weren't happy. Maybe you could contact this dog-hair lady and ask her to do the same.

coco, you should definitely contact the seller.

namaste.gif

#64 of 66 Old 02-22-2005, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco4cloth
I got another wool cover in the mail today that was COVERED in dog hair : I have dogs but would never send an item out with that much hair on it!

I would never do that! I try to make sure every piece of fuzz is off whatever I'm selling. I've even been known to wash things just before I mail them just to make sure they're really clean! I would definitely email the seller. What if you had a major allergy to pet hair?

. : Jill, mama to 5 kiddos, soon to be 6 in June 2013 : .

#65 of 66 Old 02-22-2005, 05:28 PM

I know I should but I don't want to return the cover cause I really need it! I washed it and got my roller out and went to town. I got it cleaned up nicely! I am just so anal when I send things out, I even put them in ziplock bags just incase. I wish I just got that in return!
#66 of 66 Old 02-22-2005, 06:30 PM

I agree with Judy a few posts back -- Caveat Emptor (sp?) when it comes to buying used dipes. There are places like the diaperpin.com and diaperhyena.com where you can get more familiar with CDs. I always like to get pictures to view -- especially interior ones so you can view if there's staining, holes, or other issues. But buying electronically isn't like viewing an items at a swap meet or something where you hold and more closely inspect an item. There is a certain risk to purchasing a used item from a seller you never get to meet in person.

Definitely contact any seller who's item you're not happy with. I think there are some mamas here who are still learning and could use the constructive feedback for future transactions. I think leaving feedback after trying to rectify the situation is completely appropriate.

The dog hair on the wool cover is going a bit too far. I'm another who likes to wash items I sell and put them in ziplock bags before shipping. I would definitely contact this mama at least just so she's aware of the problem. Just explaining the situation can make a world of difference in many cases.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page