How old was your child when you started cloth diapering? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 74 Old 02-17-2005, 01:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
With Megan she was 2 months. I never even thought about CDing with my other ones---didn't even know it existed!!! I plan to CD my next from the moment he/she is born!
#62 of 74 Old 02-17-2005, 01:38 AM

Eric who is 6, I started at 18 mos, Camille, from birth, and jack from birth.
#63 of 74 Old 02-17-2005, 01:40 AM

Kailey was 13 months when I started.
#64 of 74 Old 02-17-2005, 01:47 AM

My girls were 5 months old Better late than never, right?!?!
#65 of 74 Old 02-17-2005, 12:53 PM

AJ- I started with him at a little over 3 yrs old (cloth night-time pants)
Nate- I started to CD him when he was 2 days old.
Jhonen- First diaper was placed when he was about an hour old, and he has ONLY worn cloth.
#66 of 74 Old 02-17-2005, 12:59 PM

2 DAYS. I am hoping with our next blessing, it will be from second 1!
#67 of 74 Old 02-17-2005, 01:37 PM

At about 2 weeks I started diapering ds in the five diapers and maybe three covers that I had bought before he was born (what a stash!). I then ordered two dozen more prefolds and have used cloth at home ever since.

I started using cloth at daycare at about 15 months (I'd previously been erroneously told that cloth wasn't allowed under state liecensing requirements). Low and behold when I checked it out for myself that was not the case.

We still use an occasional sposie when we are out and I leave a few at daycare in case I space off and forget to bring diapers. I think we have gone through $6 worth of sposies in the last six months. Right now I would love from my larges to do into retirement, but ds wants nothing to do withthe potty.
#68 of 74 Old 02-17-2005, 02:48 PM

T was cloth diapered starting at about 8 months old - we tried when he was a new born but failed miserably. I had rubber pants but he had really skinny legs, and the flannel diapers I had ... didn't cut it at the time (I also thought a diaper should last 2 h or so ). L has been CDed from birth (our hospital uses cloth ). L is in sposies at night, though, and I keep some around for babysitters and the church nursery for him.

Our 1 year cloth anniversary is the 22nd! Yay!
#69 of 74 Old 02-17-2005, 02:56 PM

I am new.. so please don't bash me.. if this is a stupid question.

I am TTC #2, my DD is 2 years old, and has been in disposables since she was born. I am just learning about CD, and I am going to CD the new baby.

do you think I could go ahead and get some TOddler CD's to start using and learning on my 2 year old?
#70 of 74 Old 02-17-2005, 03:08 PM

No one will bash you littlemommablue!! We're all too thrilled that you're wanting to try with your toddler ... there's never a bad time to switch to cloth diapers ... I say YEAH !! Go ahead!!!

Your dd will probably prefer VERY trim diapers though ..as that is what she is most familiar with ...I'd say try and get your hands on some VeryBaby AIO's ...http://www.flutterbybaby.com, www.weeceedee.com, or www.verybaby.com ... as far as I can tell they fit the closest to a disposable.

tireless sewer of teeny little clothes for Bamboletta dolls ...

#71 of 74 Old 02-17-2005, 03:11 PM

I started cding Zane at 9 days- when we brought him home from NICU. I had planned to cd at the hospital, but NICU was stressful enough without adding cd to it.
#72 of 74 Old 02-17-2005, 03:15 PM

WOW!

Thanks for the info!

I am so glad I asked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saharamama
No one will bash you littlemommablue!! We're all too thrilled that you're wanting to try with your toddler ... there's never a bad time to switch to cloth diapers ... I say YEAH !! Go ahead!!!

Your dd will probably prefer VERY trim diapers though ..as that is what she is most familiar with ...I'd say try and get your hands on some VeryBaby AIO's ...http://www.flutterbybaby.com, www.weeceedee.com, or www.verybaby.com ... as far as I can tell they fit the closest to a disposable.
#73 of 74 Old 02-17-2005, 04:52 PM

Maxi is our first and we started from birth. Baby #2 will be from birth as well.

It was an easy decision for us since both of our parents used cloth on us. I was a bit overwhelmed at the thought of acutally doing it when I was still pregnant but SO many people said I *couldnt* do it and that I would give up that I was determined to make it work. It was SO much easier than I ever thought it could be once I got started. Probably also because I had so much support from DH and my mom.
#74 of 74 Old 02-17-2005, 04:59 PM

We started when our baby was 5 days old. He was still in the hospital before that.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page