Does your ds/dd leak at night? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: Do you get nighttime leaks with your baby?
DS stays dry in cloth 64 100.00%
DD stays dry in cloth 68 100.00%
DS leaks in cloth 12 100.00%
DD leaks in cloth 3 50.00%
We use sposies, no leaks 11 100.00%
We use sposies, and they still leak 9 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-27-2005, 10:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It is more important what is next to the skin for my DD, who at 2 months old can go all night without peeing (and does so pretty frequently) and then absolutely GO OFF and pee like mad once she wakes all the way up. If there is any kind of less-absorbent layer next to the skin (fleece or velour for example) the volume of pee will overwhelm it quickly, sending pee down her legs and out into her clothes and the bedding (and usually me), even if we use fleece or wool pants (which is what we usually use at night), since the pee just travels in a stream down the legs faster than it can be absorbed. As long as we use a diaper with a nice absorbant first layer, we're fine, though.

I'd say DS was a light wetter, but he peed several times during the night even just before age 2 when he potty trained, so covers were really important with him (like how everyone is saying).

Mama, homeschooler, midwife. DD (13yo), DS (11yo), DD (8yo), DD (3yo), somebody new coming in November 2013.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2005, 10:27 PM

My son stays dry at nights in a precious dignity Poochies (with doubler) and a wool cover. My daughter uses FB stuffed with a hemp trifold from clothdaddy, with some sort of doubler. No problems there either, but neither of them is an especially heavy wetter.
Old 02-27-2005, 10:50 PM

We have a few nighttime combinations that work for us. Wool with a LHC hemp fitted is a never fail combination. I have also had good luck with a few fleece covers, but would rather snuggle with wool.

Megan- mama to 3, midwifery student , doula, , runner , knitter .
Violet Lane Birth Services Doula care and placenta encapsulation serving Seattle to Mount Vernon
Old 02-28-2005, 12:48 AM

DD is always in a, stuffed to the max (about 13 layers of hemp) NL. it is almost always soaked in the morning (front, that is...she's a tummy sleeper). no leaks EVER though in either Tiny Birds organic jersey pants (2 layers in the bum) or Precious Dignity windpro pants.

Old 02-28-2005, 12:57 AM

My dd is a super heavy wetter. At night, sometimes we use sposies others we use cloth. I like cloth better any day though. Sposies always leak on us, no matter what. CLoth doesnt. Our nighttime system is a fuzzibunz stuffed with a ahppy heniy hemp insert, the smaller oval insert, and a microfiber towel trifolded. Another thing that works great for us is a calico baby hemp fitted with a fleece lined inner and doubler and a hemp doubler in between the fitted and the doubler that comes with the diaper all under longies.

momma to 8 yr old ddjoy.gif.  Furmom to our menagerie:   2dog2.gif , 1cat.gif, 2 goldfish.gif,  2 hamster.jpg,  and 1 silly rabbit. 

Old 02-28-2005, 01:48 AM

We use FB stuffed w/ different things.... It is always a different combo around here based on what's clean.... DD sometimes just wears a FB w/ 2 MF inserts.. it's not really enough for her but she doesn't take the diaper off... She is a a flooder and we almost always have leaks.

DS stays dry most nights but still nurses a lot so he's wet about 1 night a week and he gets a 3 am change...
I have to use hemp w/ DS or it would not hold at all!! I only have 2 joeybunz but I always try to use one w/ DS.

User Tag List