Does your ds/dd leak at night? - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: Do you get nighttime leaks with your baby?
DS stays dry in cloth 64 100.00%
DD stays dry in cloth 68 100.00%
DS leaks in cloth 12 100.00%
DD leaks in cloth 3 50.00%
We use sposies, no leaks 11 100.00%
We use sposies, and they still leak 9 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 66 Old 02-17-2005, 01:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do you have a ds or a dd, and do they leak (in cloth) at night?

If they do not leak, please describe your nightime diapering system. (Especially if it's a boy! )
#2 of 66 Old 02-17-2005, 02:02 PM

No leaks with our Fuzzi Bunz DD is a super heavy wetter and flooder. We stuff with 2 JB's, a wool doubler in between those, amd a microterry insert or towel on top.
#3 of 66 Old 02-17-2005, 02:07 PM

My dd is a pretty heavy wetter herself. We use a FB stuffed with a Lullaby Diapers hemp insert and two doublers-one in the insert, one on top. No leaks, ever.
#4 of 66 Old 02-17-2005, 02:08 PM

I voted for ds. I use whatever diaper-doesn't matter to me which-usually a firefly nightime dipe or a rb fitted,size 1.Then I take 2 thick doublers, add in. Then, snappi a prefold around it all, then a wool cover-in a medium~his sisters size~or a bummis snap cover. Sometimes I add an extra doubler between the prefold and cover-sometimes not. His little butt is SO big. But he can still crawl if needed and he seems very comfy. And anything less and he will leak. He is always very wet in the morning!But the cover is mostly dry

Due with number 5 in August. We do all that crunchy stuff.
#5 of 66 Old 02-17-2005, 02:12 PM

We were having major leaks until we realized that her covers were too small!

Now, even though she can flood a diaper, a premium CPF is plenty for her at night. And she has been known to leak out of a sposie at night. I think she is a "power" pee'er than anything. She saves it all up, and then opens up the floodgates!

We often stuff a pocket with a couply of Joey Bunz and a microfiber towel. That works well, too.
#6 of 66 Old 02-17-2005, 02:13 PM

I use either a Darling Diapers AIO or my own with 2 hemp doublers, and we never have leaks. Ok, rarely to never
#7 of 66 Old 02-17-2005, 02:15 PM

Dd has become quite a heavy wetter and the only time I have had wet sheets in the morning is when I forgot to put on a cover...:LOL I always make sure the diaper is snug around her legs and I think that's what has saved us. Dd holds her bladder for hours and then pees all at once.
#8 of 66 Old 02-17-2005, 02:19 PM

DS wears a Sugar Plum Baby OV w/ snap-in trifold soaker (OV topped of course ) with a SCC double layer wool cover over. He doesn't leak, BUT if he's wearing pj pants, the pants creep in b/w the cover and diaper and get wet : I'm thinking of getting a Tiny Tush organic wool pull up soaker to remedy that

Jenn<>< crunchy conservative mama to 6 fencing.gif reading.gif notes2.gif fly-by-nursing2.gif

knit.gifand sewmachine.gif my way through my stash.

#9 of 66 Old 02-17-2005, 02:26 PM

I've never had any luck with dd in pockets at night ...but that's just us ...I think it's because I could never find one that fit HER perfectly ... and then there were the repelling issues.

Back when she was a heavy wetter (which she isn't really anymore) we only had leaks when I skimped on the absorbancy ... hemp doublers saved us!

Nowadays the only time we have leaks is when the wool covers need lanolizing (and right now I can't find the bottle of lanolin I had on the bathroom counter ...darned PG brain) ... night time diaper is a hemp fitted of some sort with a 4 layer hemp french terry doubler and a joeybunz fleece topped doubler as well or just a plain FCB maybe with an extra doubler thrown in (favs are FCB because I don't have to go searching for a fleece topped doubler :LOL) ...and I'm hoping we'll LOVE the nightlights (if they EVER get here) ...

tireless sewer of teeny little clothes for Bamboletta dolls ...

#10 of 66 Old 02-17-2005, 02:28 PM

No leaks here - thank goodness! Well except for the time (twice actually) that my mom got her ready for bed and didn't put a cover on....but those don't count. :LOL

mum to a crew...
#11 of 66 Old 02-17-2005, 02:31 PM

We use FB stuffed with a HH insert and a micro insert for DS. No leaks at all. If all FB are dirty we grab a hemp pocket fitted stuffed with the same. We add a wool doubler and our Aristocrat. It's a bit more bulky but works great . Ds can be a heavy wetter at times, not every night.

Hope you find a system that works for you
#12 of 66 Old 02-17-2005, 02:33 PM

No leaks for dd here. We use a sugarbums hemp fitted with snap in doubler, a wool liner and another hemp doubler. We cover that with a trim wool cover and put knitted longies or butt sweater longies over that. In the summer we just use picklepants over the diaper combo and that works great.

I do sometimes have leaks with my four year old dd if dh forgets to double cover. She typically wears a PUL aio to bed and we put either a wool cover or butt sweater longies over that.

I think the double cover does the trick for us.
#13 of 66 Old 02-17-2005, 02:34 PM

No leaks in cloth

Toddler boy

System: Poochies or other thick fitted with fleece topped doubler. Under the doubler but in the diaper, 2 hemp inserts (jbs or similar). All that under wool or fleece pants (usually fleece).

This will hold him all night. Lately, he's been waking and requesting a change (or two) overnight, though. The last dipe I put on him in the middle of the night is usually dry in the morning (last night he was dry from 4 am until 9 am).
#14 of 66 Old 02-17-2005, 02:39 PM

No leaks here- I voted for ds, though I have both.

dd (toddler)- sugar plum baby hemp fitted with trifold soaker, Bumpy wool cover

ds1 (toddler)- Peewell fitted diaper, Aristocrats or Bumpy wool

ds2 (infant)- sugar plum baby or peewell fitted, Aristocrats or Lana wool
#15 of 66 Old 02-17-2005, 02:43 PM

Not a lot of leaks here on our toddler...just very recently as he's starting doing the holding pee thing...He wears a fleece lined Muttaqin to bed under an Aristocrat or lambswool pants. This has worked for six months quite well.
Our baby leaked all the time in cloth so he wears sposies. His Nightlight is pretty good- it's the cover issue we're having problems with. Hoping Jaime will solve that one this week
#16 of 66 Old 02-17-2005, 02:45 PM

***Please don't hate me****

I put Jack to bed in whatever is handy, usually one of the same fitteds we use for daytime, and some recycled sweater pants. He never leaks, he is never completely soaked, he nurses all night to boot. He doesn't care if he is wet either.

I do change him when I go to bed, about midnight, then around 7am when I get up. So he isn't in the same diaper for hours and hours like some of the heavy sleepers here.

I will not be surprised if his pee patterns change, but it is pretty easy for night right now.
#17 of 66 Old 02-17-2005, 03:00 PM

No leaks but he will wake up wet!

I have 2 options I'm using currently for my 16 month ds heavy night time wetter.

1. Fuzbaby Sleep tight, but I take the doubler and fold it in half and stick it behind the flaps so at the boy wet zone I have 12 layers!!!!. Then use one of my wool covers. But he wakes up damp with this system, some times I put a suede liner in.

2.FluffyMail Night lite I was so lucky to get at the last stocking, these are completly fleece line so he wakes up dry, and the doubler you stick in the pocket has been enough for us, but if I neede I could stick another doubler at the wet zone. This also just in one of my wool covers.
#18 of 66 Old 02-17-2005, 03:05 PM

No leaks....usually. A week ago he started peeing like a...ammmm...I don't know....but ALOT!

We just change our system all of the time and experiment. Last night he had a fleece/flannel insert, trifolded ubcpf, and a premium ubipf snappid on top with an aristrocrat cover. The premium and aristrocrat were not even wet this morning!!!

Bulk him up! And then you can experiment with trimming the system down.

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#19 of 66 Old 02-17-2005, 03:18 PM

Most nights we put DD in a Little Beetle with a doubler and top it with knit wool pants or a RumpWrap. Occasionally we'll use a premium UBCPF with an infant CPF as a doubler. No leaks. But after reading in this forum I think DD must be a pretty light wetter (she was sure an explosive BF pooper, though!).

Katherine, mama to Emma Kate (7) and Griffin (3)

#20 of 66 Old 02-17-2005, 03:23 PM

We uses ddipes for night only and even they leak. Especially dd1. One morning, she was wet from the shoulders to the back of her knees.

I still haven't find the right nightdipes for my dds.

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#21 of 66 Old 02-17-2005, 04:23 PM

Ds uses FB stuffed with 3 joey bunz and doesn't leak. I have tried everything else...I'm not sure what we would do without them. He has always hated to be wet and he is always thrilled to put on his FB at night. Sometimes he brings one to me during the day and tries to put it on himself. :LOL

Tina ~ SAHcarrot.gif- head Mama to - 

DS blowkiss.gif(07/'03), DD energy.gif(05'05), DS, unplanned UC sleepytime.gif(01/'09), DD joy.gif(06/'11) ...

SURPRISE!  dizzy.gifNew little one, due Sept. 2013

#22 of 66 Old 02-17-2005, 04:28 PM

we use a premium sized CPF, a doubler from LLL and wool cover. Never had a leak.
BTW we did the few times she was in sposies
#23 of 66 Old 02-17-2005, 04:38 PM

I voted DS leaks in cloth, but that only happens about once a week.

We use FB with a premium prefold and a small doubler or a cloud 9 softie and a fleece topped doubler with a nylon pull on cover. The leaks happen mostly with the FB.

I also have to add that when we have used a sposie at night they almost always leak. DS mostly sleeps on his side and there is nothing absorbant there on a sposie.
#24 of 66 Old 02-17-2005, 04:43 PM

My son uses either fitteds and wool or bumpy night covers or FB stuffed with 2 joeys and an IPF and no leaks here!
#25 of 66 Old 02-17-2005, 05:17 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
DS (5 months) is in cloth, no leaks. We use FBs and and night put in either 2 joeys or 1 joey and 1 microfiber towel from Walmart.

Chaotic uc.jpg homeschool.gif mama to 5 plus a bonus one on the way.  stork-suprise.gif

chicken3.gif

#26 of 66 Old 02-17-2005, 05:20 PM

We have a DS, 18 mo, and he is in a FB stuffed with 2 or 3 JB's...never a leak so far! Sometimes I'll do 1 JB and a doubler, but 3 JB's usually is standard.
#27 of 66 Old 02-17-2005, 05:39 PM

my ultimate night solution is tiny birds longies. we have 2 pair: knitted and the fabric wool with the built in panty. both are AWESOME. basically leak-proof. under these we use nightlights, sleeptights or sos.
#28 of 66 Old 02-17-2005, 06:33 PM

We use to use a fitted and wool at night but switched to using a Wonderoo. We never had leaks, we changed because she just felt too wet in the morning and with the Wonderoo she feels quite dry. I stuff it with a prefold and hemp doubler. At the moment we're all good.
#29 of 66 Old 02-17-2005, 06:49 PM

No leaks in cloth.

We use a Very Baby Simply Nights (can't wait for the rest to get here lol) usually we stick in a wool doubler, and either longies, an organic Kiwi Pie, or a wool flannel cover I made. If I put in a wool doubler, the outside of the diaper is dry in the morning, if I forget it, the outside is damp but the cover is dry.
#30 of 66 Old 02-17-2005, 06:51 PM

Dd does not leak in cloth. We use a Snugtofit fitted with a fleece liner inside a wool soaker. She sleeps in her nighttime dipe for 10-12 hours, sometimes longer if she goes to sleep later than I think she will or if I dont change her right away in the morning.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page