Mothering Forum banner

Fluff Factory thread for 2/22/05

3K views 74 replies 34 participants last post by  todzwife 
#1 ·
http://mothering.com/discussions/sho...d.php?t=253263
yesterday's thread

and a repeat of my message from yesterday

Hi ladies! We are trying to strike a balance for the Fluff Factory auctions, allowing the Diapering moms to discuss the auctions, even though they are partially for charity and allowing the auctions to gain exposure. I have discussed this throughly with Cynthia and she has agreed to allow one daily Fluff Factory auctions thread. I will start the thread at midnight EST and lock the previous day's thread. This way the threads do not get so lengthy so that they are hard to read through and makes for easier discussion and moderation. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me at any time.

See less See more
#27 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaroni
april & kate:

regarding that fussybutt set
:

:

I don't think I have wanted something so much. Seriously. I mean, forget the KIYP Wisteria... I want this set so bad I can taste it. I love my wool collection but this... this is something I would keep forever. It kind of makes me misty!

#28 ·
:LOL at the KiwiButt. I am also hoping that people get overspent before it is all over and save something for me, but I have a feeling some of the hyenas around here have deep pockets. I am trying to console myself and believe I will some day get a Fussybutt custom slot. If you believe something long enough it comes true, right?

#29 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by spatulagirl
:

I don't think I have wanted something so much. Seriously. I mean, forget the KIYP Wisteria... I want this set so bad I can taste it. I love my wool collection but this... this is something I would keep forever. It kind of makes me misty!
I feel the same way. suns are my "thing." but, it is starting to get too rich for my blood, charity or not. it's at almost $400! we'll see. It's just absolutely gorgeous. of course, as we discussed on the eBay fussybutt thread, that's a chance the medium isn't even going to fit! hopefully that dipe arrives today and I can find out for sure.

so what's your absolute MAX you'll go on this?
:LOL

#33 ·
Quote:

I feel the same way. suns are my "thing." but, it is starting to get too rich for my blood, charity or not. it's at almost $400! we'll see. It's just absolutely gorgeous. of course, as we discussed on the eBay fussybutt thread, that's a chance the medium isn't even going to fit! hopefully that dipe arrives today and I can find out for sure.

Um, if those fitteds from Ebay don't fit, do give me a call won't you

Quote:

I don't know yet if I have one.... I need that set.

#35 ·
Quote:
Does that mean it might be mine??
I'm sure there are several people lying in wait to bump me out in the end though.

I would LOVE to have the Mr. Peabody custom slot! After seeing those hey diddle diddle shorts I WANT her to make me something.

I think this is the first month I've actually been GLAD I wasn't pregnant! :LOL There is NO way I would have been able to pass up all of this newborn stuff!

#37 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by binxsmom
how can i find out what i'm winning? i can never seem to navigate wahmchicks as easily as ebay? someone HELP!!!!!!!!
go to "user's control panel" (you have to be logged in) then you can click "your bids" and click on each individually to see if you are high bidder. there may be a better way but that works pretty easily.

#38 ·
I also am a great admirer of that Fussybutt set. I even contemplated bidding for a split second, but after realizing that the current bid is just about the same as my car payment-I had to pass. I think it is for a wonderful cause-esp. since 50% of the proceeds will be donated.

So. . .I am so jealous of the mama who gets to take that set home.

#39 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Holli
Man, there are some amazing items there! But, I am hoping to make our final adoption payment any day now so it's hard to justify any fluff right now!

Holli

Woohoo!! That is so awesome, Holli!!

#42 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherB
But I was wondering - and forgive me if it's been discussed already - why does everyone bid so early? I couldn't believe the Fussybutt set was over $100 in the first few hours (minutes?)! I've never seen the point in bidding on things well before they're going to close - it just inflates the price, so if you're really hoping to get it, it may go much too high too quickly. KWIM?

I'm hoping a couple of really small things don't get bid on too heavily so they're not WAY out of my price range, and maybe I'll get *something*. :LOL
I was wondering the same thing about high bids, and hoping the same thing about smaller items.(Great minds think alike? :LOL )
I did win a froggy wash set for my ds, but am still hoping to win some fluff too.

#43 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by amysuen
I was wondering the same thing about high bids, and hoping the same thing about smaller items.(Great minds think alike? :LOL )
I did win a froggy wash set for my ds, but am still hoping to win some fluff too.

i think it's because much of the proceeds are for charity. on ebay, i tend to wait until the last minute but, for these auctions, i've been bidding early just to get the prices up.

#44 ·
I'm hoping a lot of the bids will head to the FussyButt, ElBee, etc too....

There are some auctions that are for nice, simple things that I just
... like this: http://www.wahmchicks.com/item.php?i...44ed2aaa8b3cc3

and this: http://www.wahmchicks.com/item.php?i...d05844641f93f7

and this: http://www.wahmchicks.com/item.php?i...d2b7db46127727

(um... yeah... there are plans to have plenty more little bums to cover with cloth, and I have a thing for nb dipes. Can't have too many, I say. I would be happy to use all pfs and flats for beyond the nb stage if I could just have lots of cute lil, itty bitty dipes for the nb period
And since my babes seem to be long and skinny, nb dipes fit for a long time)

#45 ·
ooh... and I feel the need to clarify, by 'nice simple things' I mean absolutely no disrespect to the mamas that have these up for auction! I mean, they're not the auctions the hyenas are chomping at. And I am *completely* happy with it!!!!

#46 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by spatulagirl

How about DH? I would just sell mine but I am not too sure he will get what I need for that Fussybutt set... although I may be able to afford the dandelions shorts (gosh those are so so so pretty!). good point about selling the kids and then having no butt to diaper! I think I got a bit carried away with that notion!

I don't really need a car.....
I'd sell dh, but I'm not sure if you get more or less for middle-aged (still with lots of hair :LOL ) shooting blanks
Me, personally, I like that aspect. Plus he does laundry and cooks and changes CDs happily.

Shall we start the bidding?

#47 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenSizzled
I'd sell dh, but I'm not sure if you get more or less for middle-aged (still with lots of hair :LOL ) shooting blanks
Me, personally, I like that aspect. Plus he does laundry and cooks and changes CDs happily.

Shall we start the bidding?

he's cute. i'll bid $50. i didn't know they shot blanks in the navy.

#48 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by binxsmom
he's cute. i'll bid $50. i didn't know they shot blanks in the navy.

O, we're not in the navy... dh is the SAHP. I should've mentioned that somebody needs to have a job and dh isn't the most likely candidate.
But like I said, he makes a handsome wife

#49 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by judybean
ooh... and I feel the need to clarify, by 'nice simple things' I mean absolutely no disrespect to the mamas that have these up for auction! I mean, they're not the auctions the hyenas are chomping at. And I am *completely* happy with it!!!!
ITA!!!

#51 ·
I love what is being done with the charity auctions! Things are really tight here, but I certainly hope to participate for the cause.

It has been more than 4 months since DS has had new dipe and some of his are really coming apart!
: Too, we have the
boy: lil' guy on the way that we need to get ready for. Seems like there are lots of Newborn goodies in the auctions!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.