Mothering Forum banner

Fluff Factory thread for 2/22/05

3K views 74 replies 34 participants last post by  todzwife 
#1 ·
http://mothering.com/discussions/sho...d.php?t=253263
yesterday's thread

and a repeat of my message from yesterday

Hi ladies! We are trying to strike a balance for the Fluff Factory auctions, allowing the Diapering moms to discuss the auctions, even though they are partially for charity and allowing the auctions to gain exposure. I have discussed this throughly with Cynthia and she has agreed to allow one daily Fluff Factory auctions thread. I will start the thread at midnight EST and lock the previous day's thread. This way the threads do not get so lengthy so that they are hard to read through and makes for easier discussion and moderation. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me at any time.

See less See more
#2 ·
Some of that stuff is gorgeous!!!

I want the Cows! Cows! Cows! by Celestial Baby & Marnie (that black and white set is simply gorgeous), all the MM stuff, everything. That stuff is GORGEOUS!!!

I am so floored by the awesome stuff and generosity. The KSS high bidder is going to get some AWESOME fluff if she wins the stuff she is bidding on
I want to come pet it.

#3 ·
I just want to say that I am SO glad I filed our taxes early! :LOL I've been going a little crazy on the bidding, but then, I expect to lose most of it.
This really is the most incredible collection of fluff .. and there's more to come? Wowzah.
So do other people rationalize their spending with the "it's for a good cause" excuse? That one gets me into trouble every time

#4 ·
There is some incredible stuff up! There are even soakers/soaker shorts that I'm drooling over - and I don't *like* knit wool!
: :LOL My "watch" list is growing quite long already, though some things, like the dragonfly diaper bag, are already out of my range.

But I was wondering - and forgive me if it's been discussed already - why does everyone bid so early? I couldn't believe the Fussybutt set was over $100 in the first few hours (minutes?)! I've never seen the point in bidding on things well before they're going to close - it just inflates the price, so if you're really hoping to get it, it may go much too high too quickly. KWIM?

I'm hoping a couple of really small things don't get bid on too heavily so they're not WAY out of my price range, and maybe I'll get *something*. :LOL

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by spatulagirl
Well, it's for charity so it doesn't really matter how high our bids go right?

That Celestial Fussybutt set is SO mine, even if I have sell my kids to pay for it! (ooops did I say that out loud?)

: that set is soooo beautiful. I think Kaide needs it.

I'm of the same mindset - it's for a great cause so the higher the bids go, the better

#7 ·
:LOL It's too bad you don't like Fussybutt, Kate.

I totally understand bidding higher than you might otherwise for the charity, but at some point the prices just go TOO high for most bidders. IOW, I only have so much I can spend! So stop bidding and let me get something!
:LOL

#11 ·
I have this pathetic little $100 that I have carefully saved for this event and I fear I too may end up at the donate direct by the end of the week. I would really love those dandelion shorts too, but not likely to remain within my price range.
I am just hoping that the big spenders will wear themselves out on the MM, KP, Fussybut, elbee etc stuff, so some of my bids will stick.

Dh nixed selling the kids.
: He doesn't see the point of buying diaper stuff if we don't have any babes. I tried to explain it was for charity, but he just doesn't get it. They are both really cute. I think on the auction block I could probably get enough to outbid Pixie or Kate on something. What do you think? I could sell just one of them. That might get me enough for some second tier hyena fluff....

#13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by jessicaSAR
: He doesn't see the point of buying diaper stuff if we don't have any babes. I tried to explain it was for charity, but he just doesn't get it. They are both really cute. I think on the auction block I could probably get enough to outbid Pixie or Kate on something. What do you think? I could sell just one of them. That might get me enough for some second tier hyena fluff....

How about DH? I would just sell mine but I am not too sure he will get what I need for that Fussybutt set... although I may be able to afford the dandelions shorts (gosh those are so so so pretty!). good point about selling the kids and then having no butt to diaper! I think I got a bit carried away with that notion!

I don't really need a car.....

#14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherB
I couldn't believe the Fussybutt set was over $100 in the first few hours (minutes?)! I've never seen the point in bidding on things well before they're going to close - it just inflates the price, so if you're really hoping to get it, it may go much too high too quickly. KWIM?
Oh and I am going to blame Jennyriver on inflating the price :LOL Trying to outbid me on that. Tsk tsk!

Sometimes I find (on certain hyena items) to get your top bid in early in the game. It scares people away (sometimes anyways...) Also if you put your top bid in there before someone else does, when they bid with their top bid and if it is the same as yours, you win because you bid first!

#15 ·
Quote:

Yeah it is like selling your fingers to buy some gloves....kinda pointless....I told my DH I would sell my body for the money to pay for the CB Cows/soaker set but he said no, I couldn't sell something I wouldn't give him for free. Darn it....although holding out DOES make the flashing tactic work for getting the fluff into the house.....

#17 ·
Quote:

Hmmm, sell my body... now there is an idea. I wonder what the going rate is for an almost 38 year old with two kids? I am thinking it is not as much as the final bid on that Aurora soaker!
Yeah I was just taking a look in the mirror....I am thinking I may have to PAY them....that isn't going to work either darn it.....but the selling the kid thing, I have 2 in diapers but 2 NOT in diapers...what good are THEY? LMAO....okay they are cute, I guess I will keep them, but ohhh the temptation....

#18 ·
:LOL you guys are cracking me up!

I keep bidding on stuff and getting outbid, but yeah i don't mind driving up the prices since it's for charity. It's sucko that I probably won't get anything but I can live with that.

When I first saw that beautiful Fussybutt celestial set, I thought I'd bid $100 and it'd be mine for a few minutes at least. Then I looked down and it was already at $205!!
Bummer for me but great for Christy and AFO!!

I can't wait to see what El Bee puts up!

#19 ·
Quote:

Well, it's for charity so it doesn't really matter how high our bids go right?

That Celestial Fussybutt set is SO mine, even if I have sell my kids to pay for it! (ooops did I say that out loud?)
Back away from the Fussybutt! :LOL

I already sold DH -- he's got a bad case of post-surgical halitosis, so I didn't get THAT much for him, but I can *still* outbid you! (Where's the maniacal laugh smilie?
)

#20 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by allformyboys
Yeah it is like selling your fingers to buy some gloves....kinda pointless....I told my DH I would sell my body for the money to pay for the CB Cows/soaker set but he said no, I couldn't sell something I wouldn't give him for free. Darn it....although holding out DOES make the flashing tactic work for getting the fluff into the house.....

I'll have to try that sometime, Marnie! Especially if I win the stuff I'm bidding on ... DH is going to have to be seriously distracted!
:

#22 ·
I love that Fairy cover.... I also love the KP/FB newborn set. Very droolworthy.

I may be selling my body out on the streets pretty soon because I am still waiting for the Luxe set I want to come on.

That or actually start putting out for DH and dazzle him with sex so he doesn't notice where my paychecks are going :LOL

#24 ·
Quote:

I love that Fairy cover.... I also love the KP/FB newborn set. Very droolworthy.

I may be selling my body out on the streets pretty soon because I am still waiting for the Luxe set I want to come on.

That or actually start putting out for DH and dazzle him with sex so he doesn't notice where my paychecks are going :LOL

Sounds like a plan, mama!! It'd work for my DH, too, poor guy doesn't ask any ??'s if I've got *that* look in my eye!! :LOL

#26 ·
Quote:

I have this pathetic little $100 that I have carefully saved for this event and I fear I too may end up at the donate direct by the end of the week. I would really love those dandelion shorts too, but not likely to remain within my price range.
I am just hoping that the big spenders will wear themselves out on the MM, KP, Fussybut, elbee etc stuff, so some of my bids will stick.

:

Yeah...my DH is kind of attached to ours as well...and some days they are so darn ornery that I don't know if I'd get a plug nickel for them!! :LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.