What's your favorite pocket diaper? Insert? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 11 Old 02-24-2005, 04:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We don't use pocket diapers, but I am very slowly putting together a newborn/small stash for a friend (a convert -- yeah!!! ) who is due in June. I am trying to purchase some of everything so that she can get an idea of what she likes and then go from there when she sizes up.

So, what is your favorite pocket diaper? Favorite insert? Why?

Links, please.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 02-24-2005, 05:00 AM

Happy Heinys worked really well for DS when he was 6-18 months old. my next baby I will be buying tiny heinys and smalls. I also like knickernappies.
#3 of 11 Old 02-24-2005, 09:40 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
FUZZI BUNZ! Love them! I just tossed together some flannel/fleece doublers myself with cheap Wal-Mart fabric so I'm not sure aobut inserts. Joey Bunz are pretty popular inserts though around here from what I know. Just homemade flannel/fleece doublers and infant prefolds for us. but we LOVE our fuzzi bunz.

Meg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#4 of 11 Old 02-24-2005, 10:08 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I love www.greenacredesigns.com for my skinny minnie dd. I get them with a hemp liner and they are really absorbant.
#5 of 11 Old 02-24-2005, 10:13 AM

I have a mix of Happy Hineys and Fuzzi Bunz. While I am in no way an aplix fan I prefer the fit of the Happy Hineys. Joe wears a medium now and to be fair I never had any small Fuzzi Bunz. The small Happy Hineys fit him well from about 2 weeks on, though I am sure they would have fit him better before then.

I am not really picky on inserts, as long as it is hemp usually. I have some Joey Bunz, Punkin Butt inserts and a handful of WAHM inserts. Right now I am using some prefolds if I run short because I have more pockets than inserts at the moment.
#6 of 11 Old 02-24-2005, 10:20 AM

I keep a few Fuzzibunz in my stash - they are a workhorse pocket diaper for quick daddy diaper changes. My favorite pocket diaper however is made my a WAHM - little rain dancers. Not sure if I'm allowed to post the link here. Anyway, she does custom orders and she's a super WAHM to work with! Her pocket diapers can double as covers just by removing the pocket that's applixed inside. You can choose between applix or snap closures too.

Dani, wife to Cullen - 9/2002, mom to CJ 11/2004, Billy 12/2007 and Nora 7/2009
#7 of 11 Old 02-24-2005, 01:00 PM
Banned

I dont use pocket diapers anymore but when I did I used Fuzzi Bunz. They did the job and easy to use. I would stuff them with a joey bunz.
#8 of 11 Old 02-24-2005, 01:04 PM

Fuzzi bunz, and either MOE terry inserts, or hemp inserts from calebs corner aka www.fuzzibunzstore.com
#9 of 11 Old 02-24-2005, 02:22 PM

Green acres fan here them, they come with a great hemp insert included in the price, the insert looks kind of strange but works really well.

Oh and dd is a chuck with great thighs

I've never tried fuzi bunz but didn't care for happy heiny's, but then dd can take aplix off.

Mom to ds 9 dd 7 : and dd 3/08 : if I can I go to
#10 of 11 Old 02-24-2005, 02:29 PM

We have used happy heinies, fuzzibunz, ellas and wonderoos (and now happy hempies ). I would ALWAYS choose ellas over happy henies because the prints don't wick and (most important) you get a free insert for the same price. I also think the lining fleece is softer and thicker. I like the ellas because the aplix is easier to manage with a wiggler than the bunz snaps, and the they don't ever leave red marks on the legs as the bunz sometimes did. I don't like wonderoos at all. Jessi
#11 of 11 Old 02-24-2005, 02:33 PM

Cloth-Ease from www.greenacredesigns.com and Knickernappies Disposanots from Aherne Super Trim and awesome price

Mommy to five wonderful earthlings, and one on the way supporter Humble Wife and Mother Learning to live through Jesus!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page