Forum Jump: 

Old 02-26-2005, 06:20 PM
Ok

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by imp&pixie
Thanks, Virg. Did you click the Ask seller a question link or fill in the form at the bottom of the page? Or did you use the email that comes to you when you get the winning email from WAHMchicks? Arrgh! I am sure I am making this more complicated than it needs to be.

And, on topic, did you all see the new *hot* black rainbow auction? That is the one I have been watching for since the previews went up. When I first saw it it was at $9.99 and I went to put in my bid and was immediately outbid. I didn't even get to enjoy being the high bidder for a couple seconds. That is so beautiful!
In my case, I used the email from WAHMchicks. And now the 2nd seller let me know how to pay... so I've paid up that. I am waiting to pay Shelly's until after I see if I win anymore TDDs. :LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2005, 06:24 PM

Well, I had the stomach flu earlier this week, and dd came down with it on top of her coughing/stuffy thing she's had for a week already. She has not nursed real well, but she keeps nursing. Well, last night she puked up bile, and of course the docs office gave me bad advice to switch her to pedialyte that I didn't follow. We kept nursing, a little here, little there, hoping smaller amounts she could keep down. She kept a good bit of it down, but they wanted to see her anyways. She's going to be fine, just will take a while to get back to normal. And you should have seen the docs face when I told them I would not give my child pedialyte sweetened with splenda or nutrasweet (what the nurse said to do so dd would drink it) when my milk is so much better for her!! We may have to find a new doc now (*wink*)
Old 02-26-2005, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSizzled

Virg is sneaking up from behind hoping to win a few things for the babe and family members...

Everybody else has spent all their money, right? I'm gonna get something sweet and blue and prescious today I think...

I've got my special Saturday morning running, er...um, stalking slippers on. :LOL
You definately need that for C, Virg!!!

Jesse, wife to DH , mama to DD 13, DS 11, DS 8, DD 6, DS 3 & bean EDD 12/18/13
Old 02-26-2005, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Ou, woman... I'd had the same thought. :LOL Spring is bouncing 'round here and its time to break out the colors

O the dilemmas we find ourselves within

and tyedyedreams. Gotta love it
I didn't keep that for long. :LOL

Sigh, the site is now really slow for me, anyone else???

Nada
Old 02-26-2005, 06:26 PM
Ok

O goodness... yes, that black rainbow puts so much beauty together.

And yes, its one I wanted to watch since the previews

And yes, I'll enjoy seeing it on another babe's bum b/c theres not a chance I can play in that game. :LOL

(still crossing my fingers on being married-into-Irish-luckiness though )
Old 02-26-2005, 06:30 PM
Ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nada

Nada
Not slow for me right now (although I'm at work... can't you tell )

And I love that soaker you just listed
Old 02-26-2005, 06:32 PM

I love that black rainbow set too, but I will just enjoy watching the bidding. It's a bit out of my league.

I am so at a loss for how to bid today. I keep going back but just can't make up my mind. I really want some TDD for a little birthday pick me up, but I can't make up my mind. Those two dress and legging sets would be perfect for dd, but which to bid on? I would hate to end up with nothing, but I just can't make up my mind..... :

And, of course if I worry about it too much, do decide I must have one of them, then I will probably lose it. Arrrggghhh, what to do?????
Old 02-26-2005, 06:33 PM
Ok

Quote:

Nada
Um Nada... according to my computer, you're still winning the shirt.

Or is that not you?

And I have 4 hours to duel you (or others) for it. But I better pass. I'm winning some things that I might win...plus I've already paid for the blue set I'm totally ga-ga about. :LOL

HHhmmm... maybe I should go with the shades?

or the bag? :

(I'm almost done student teaching, so these fluffy auctions are a little too much for my weak and bedraggled resistance )
Old 02-26-2005, 06:35 PM
Ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicaSAR
I love that black rainbow set too, but I will just enjoy watching the bidding. It's a bit out of my league.

I am so at a loss for how to bid today. I keep going back but just can't make up my mind. I really want some TDD for a little birthday pick me up, but I can't make up my mind. Those two dress and legging sets would be perfect for dd, but which to bid on? I would hate to end up with nothing, but I just can't make up my mind..... :

And, of course if I worry about it too much, do decide I must have one of them, then I will probably lose it. Arrrggghhh, what to do?????
Did you never teach prisoner's dilemma?

Take'em both :LOL

You can do it... its OK. Honest... just put in a max bid and give'em your password. Its OK. Its for charity. Its a good thing. There are no losers. You're a winner!!

Now go win something!!
Old 02-26-2005, 06:41 PM

I can't believe I won another auction! Holy smokes! I've got my very first mosaic moon coming my way! I won the watercolors shorts!!! They are soooo lovely! I can't believe someone didn't grab these up!
Old 02-26-2005, 06:45 PM

LOL!! Congrats, Jen!! I was hoping you'd win! I had contemplated bidding on them, but I saw you were high bidder so I backed off. I'm happy though. I won the "Royal" shorts and the "Forests of Oregon" soaker!!

Enjoy your first MM!! You'll love it!

Heather belly.gif,  Jesus Lovin' Homeschoolin' Mama to Noah(9) & Jonah(7), and expecting rainbow1284.gifPatricia Carrylrainbow1284.gif on 8/23/13!!

Heavenly babies: ribbonpb.gif14wks 10/28/04 and stillborn baby at 17wks 10/18/11ribbonpb.gif

Old 02-26-2005, 06:46 PM

Oh Virg, I am way too much of a wimp for the prisoners dilemma. :LOL

But, I think I have a strategy. The problem is my first choice ends second, so how much should I bid on the second choice which ends first?????
Old 02-26-2005, 06:53 PM

Oh Heather, I just love you! LOL! I was drooling over the Forests soaker, oooohhhh so yummy! I'm really excited to be feeling the MM love!!! And really, thanks for letting it slide,lol!
Old 02-26-2005, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Um Nada... according to my computer, you're still winning the shirt.

Or is that not you?
Yes, that's me :LOL But I swear, I got an email stating that I'd been outbid!?!?!

Old 02-26-2005, 06:57 PM
Ok

Quote:
Oh Virg, I am way too much of a wimp for the prisoners dilemma. :LOL

But, I think I have a strategy. The problem is my first choice ends second, so how much should I bid on the second choice which ends first?????
Well, do we take the Platonic or Aristotelian approach? :LOL Plato would be impressed by the beauty, the ideals we striving for. I don't think money would impress him as much of an issue. Why DO we love to look at things of beauty? Aristotle would be impressed with the mergence of function and art. And then he'd yammer on about how to categorize it.

I'd say put in a max bid for the 2nd and really go for that one if you can only do 1... then whatever is left from your max bid put into the one that ends first.

But really I'd say just go for them both full-on

I can't do the black rainbow set either, but its fun watching
Old 02-26-2005, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apmama
I can't believe I won another auction! Holy smokes! I've got my very first mosaic moon coming my way! I won the watercolors shorts!!! They are soooo lovely! I can't believe someone didn't grab these up!
Ooooooooh, you're so lucky, I really wanted those!!!

Nada
Old 02-26-2005, 06:59 PM
Ok

Quote:
Yes, that's me :LOL But I swear, I got an email stating that I'd been outbid!?!?!

Yes, sometimes when i've put in bids it "claims" :LOL I've already been outbid, so then I just up it all. I guess thats b/c I run into someone else's max bid for a moment. Anyway, I've gotten some of those you've been outbid emails too... then I look and I'm still winning.

Go Nada Go!
Old 02-26-2005, 06:59 PM

Quote:

The email notification system is all messed up. It sends you an outbid email as soon as you place a bid that outbids the current bid. :LOL
Old 02-26-2005, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apmama
Oh Heather, I just love you! LOL! I was drooling over the Forests soaker, oooohhhh so yummy! I'm really excited to be feeling the MM love!!! And really, thanks for letting it slide,lol!
No problem, mama!! You know I love ya!! I'm just glad somebody else didn't outbid you.

Heather belly.gif,  Jesus Lovin' Homeschoolin' Mama to Noah(9) & Jonah(7), and expecting rainbow1284.gifPatricia Carrylrainbow1284.gif on 8/23/13!!

Heavenly babies: ribbonpb.gif14wks 10/28/04 and stillborn baby at 17wks 10/18/11ribbonpb.gif

Old 02-26-2005, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Well, do we take the Platonic or Aristotelian approach? :LOL Plato would be impressed by the beauty, the ideals we striving for. I don't think money would impress him as much of an issue. Why DO we love to look at things of beauty? Aristotle would be impressed with the mergence of function and art. And then he'd yammer on about how to categorize it.

I'd say put in a max bid for the 2nd and really go for that one if you can only do 1... then whatever is left from your max bid put into the one that ends first.

But really I'd say just go for them both full-on

I can't do the black rainbow set either, but its fun watching

Well, from Plato's perspective, if it furthers the search for truth then it would be justified. I'm not sure I have it in me to make that much of a rationalization today. :LOL I suppose I could argue that such beauty is the closest approximation of the ideal form of beauty in the phenomenal realm, and as such it should be cherished, and I would definitely cherish it (although dd will probably just roll in the dirt in it like she does everything else).
My only real rationalization is I am 38 years old today and I want it because, well I just do!!!

Aristotle probably wouldn't care what my rationalization is because I should be home making babies and cleaning the toilets so the real men can get on with the work of the polis. : All this fuss over a piece of clothing is just evidence of my slavish, female nature. :LOL
Old 02-26-2005, 07:11 PM

That has been happening to me too! :LOL I won this dress & AIO set: http://www.wahmchicks.com/item.php?i...a9a795f085edad and these wipes: http://www.wahmchicks.com/item.php?i...5782fb0741fb7b, so now my dilema is how many raffle tickets to buy! I never win raffles (although I do win alot of radio contests :LOL ) & we are broke now, but it's for a good cause & I can "pay myself back" next week! How many did everyone else buy?

AmiBeth

Old 02-26-2005, 07:32 PM

Yes....the proxy bid system is screwy! It's canned software....what can I do!? LOL I have someone to fix it, but it involves takin' the site for about an hour During 'normal' times...it wouldn't matter....but during the event....can you imagine the withdrawl symptoms!? and the e-mails? Plus....what if it got screwed up!!! EeeeeeK!

So, what happens in a nutshell, is that when you have a proxy bid of say $50 and someone comes along and bids $40, it sends you an outbid notice, and then your proxy comes along and bids the next increment for you. And then the 'bad' thing is.....that sometimes at the end when you REALLY are outbid, it won't send the notice!

You can check your current auctions in your control panel. Sorry ladies!

~Mama to my boys~ to a teen, a tween & a toddler and surro-mama to twins and their sister

Livin' in the sticks with my chicks chicken3.gif and lovin' it!

2014:  4/52 projects  0/2014 things 0/52 books

Old 02-26-2005, 07:35 PM

Mamaroni~The Rebel Basket went for $170. Now you can go bid bid bid on all the remaining fluff.
Old 02-26-2005, 07:36 PM

Quote:
My only real rationalization is I am 38 years old today and I want it because, well I just do!!!
Happy Birthday!!!
Old 02-26-2005, 07:45 PM

ok, with my slow connection and rambunctious kids, I'm having a really hard time finding out who won the celestial baby tiger fitted. who won it? any chance they might change their mind? I'm so in love. and organic velour too! wow!
Old 02-26-2005, 07:53 PM
Ok

Quote:
Well, from Plato's perspective, if it furthers the search for truth then it would be justified. I'm not sure I have it in me to make that much of a rationalization today. :LOL I suppose I could argue that such beauty is the closest approximation of the ideal form of beauty in the phenomenal realm, and as such it should be cherished, and I would definitely cherish it (although dd will probably just roll in the dirt in it like she does everything else).

Aristotle probably wouldn't care what my rationalization is because I should be home making babies and cleaning the toilets so the real men can get on with the work of the polis. : All this fuss over a piece of clothing is just evidence of my slavish, female nature. :LOL
O yeah, sometimes I forget the rampant sexism of those boys

Happy Birthday Young'un! (from a soon-to-be-42yo )

So throw the old boys out the proverbial window... lets go hedonistic :LOL
Old 02-26-2005, 08:06 PM

Oh dear, ladies!! This fluff factory is too much for me!! I mean I could rationalize my way to a stash for a hundred even before it was for a good cause...now I'm really having a hard time reigning myself in!! There are a couple of MM auctions I'm just over! anyone?! :LOL And then...the Luxe/TDD Kanji set! Really, the beauty of that set is almost too much to look at!!

Plus...I've won a couple of other things I bid on, thinking for sure I'd be outbid at the last minute! Fruit Salad, yummy, yummy!! I was high bidder when I went to bed, thought for sure I'd lose it, but DS woke up fussy so what's a girl to do, but check the computer!! So w/ less than a minute left I re-bid and it stuck! !! Sorry to the mama I got it from...but I promise it will be well loved!! I'm sooooo in with that quilt!! I'm having Kira make me one more fruit print dipe so I'll have an even six fruits in my yummy OV fruit salad!!

Jesse, wife to DH , mama to DD 13, DS 11, DS 8, DD 6, DS 3 & bean EDD 12/18/13
Old 02-26-2005, 08:08 PM

Wow! I got the Purple MM/Enchanted Nursery set!!! : I thought for sure I would be outbid. I put my bid in and then we went to the park and just got back, much to my surprise I had an email from Morwenna! Yay!!! Off to send money
Old 02-26-2005, 08:17 PM

I have won three auctions so far but I am fighting the need to win another I really really love the Luxe/TDD Kanji set and the MM/Baby Bloomrs coffee set.

But then I am thinking maybe I should go for something a bit more simple? :LOL Or nothing at all!!!

Step away from the computer. Back away from the fluff! Everytime DH comes in here I am glued to the computer "working"

Mom to 4! Welcomed Aila Wren on Friday, February 25th!
Old 02-26-2005, 08:51 PM

I cannot wait to see all of the photos of this lovely fluff!!!!

I won TWO MM soakers, the chocolate/sky and the chocolate and roses nb/sm.....I didn't think I would win them both, just put in my max bids and left the house! :LOL

So if anyone wants one of them, I may be selling one....although they are both gorgeous....what to do, what to do.......

User Tag List