March FCB on ebay - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 68 Old 03-05-2005, 10:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Don't you people get bored discussing the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over again? MOVE ON already.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 68 Old 03-05-2005, 11:02 PM - Thread Starter

I must admit that I agree I'd feel awful if she's been hurt by this. No one should be judged by one incident. I don't agree with what she did... but I know what it is like to do something without thinking and then be judged on something that I already realize I shouldn't have done. She admitted as much when she stopped the bidding on the item.

All of the rhetoric of this thread has been valuable for me, personally; I'll think twice before trying to make a profit (or purchase) off of the hard work and reputation of someone who will not benefit directly. IMHO, this thread stopped being about the actual incident/individual a long time ago and became a valid discussion about ethics in general.

#63 of 68 Old 03-05-2005, 11:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmunch
Don't you people get bored discussing the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over again? MOVE ON already.
moving on....
#64 of 68 Old 03-05-2005, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnrsmom
I have to believe it is an MDC mama. I prsonally think that 99% of babies wearing FCB, MM, BBB, Luxe and the like have MDC mamas. I also have to believe that she closed the auction because of this thread.

Could someone undo the abbreviations for me?? MM, etc. And what is the "reserve" you keep talking about? Is that a minimum amount the seller will take for something so they don't wind up with one bid of say, .99 for an item?? I am new to the fluff world, thanks for the help!!
#65 of 68 Old 03-05-2005, 11:24 PM

My post, I'll explain. MM=Mosaic Moon FCB=First Class baby BBB=BaaBaa Bottoms

Yes, a reserve is the lowest price you would sell an item for.
#66 of 68 Old 03-05-2005, 11:49 PM

Good golly..I cannot fathom paying more than 10-12.00 dollars for a dipe...my family thought I was crazy when I bought an entire stash of Kushies Classics, which we love. They couldn't beleive i'd pay "that much" for a diaper, but now that I'm on MDC and see all these gorgeous wool covers and stuff : I realize my Kushies are at the bottom of the fluff pole!! :LOL
#67 of 68 Old 03-06-2005, 12:57 AM

But I've seen diapers on this site sell for more than they are worth. Espciallly after a stocking.
#68 of 68 Old 03-17-2005, 03:47 PM

I did not mean to drop off the face of the earth after posting on this controversial thread. I was in the midst of a high fever during my last posts (was finally diagnosed with mono and walking pneumonia- all during the first trimester of my pregnancy!) Needless to say I have been off the boards for a few weeks.
After reviewing this thread I no longer feel as passionate or interested as I once did (maybe it was the fever). In fact I have lost my passion for diapers as well (maybe it's the Mono). I hope the diaper madness returns soon for the little one on the way. I am sorry If I ruffled any feathers.

Oh- I do remember a time when I played with supply and demand. Ince when I was in Elementary school I went and bought a bag of 3 cent gum. At recess I caused a frenzy by selling them for a quarter. I then took the profits and bought more. I was doing quite well until I got caught and punished with detention. Hmmmm- mayber that is why I was so defensive.

Anyway... if you see any sweet newborn diapers send me a link- help me get out of my diaper funk!

Maggie, wife and mom to three

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page