All Free and Clear vs Tide Free - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 03-19-2005, 12:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is there a difference between these detergents? I have Sammy's Sherpa diapers and was told All free and clear will make them repel, should I switch to Tide or is it the same?
#2 of 7 Old 03-19-2005, 01:29 AM

I've used them both with no problems! I use both FBs and fitteds.
#3 of 7 Old 03-19-2005, 04:57 AM

Our dermatologist (had to see one due to cloth diaper rashes) said Tide Free/Clear is VERY harsh on clothes, skin, etc in general. We switched to All Free/Clear and the rashes went away! HTH!
#4 of 7 Old 03-19-2005, 05:33 AM

we use fuzzibunz and they recommend regular tide, and say not to use any kind of "free" detergents, but any kind of tide gives my entire family the itchies, so we use all free. no problems as long as i run all her dipes thru a sportswash wash every few weeks to get rid of buildup.

Erin, 33, salty southern mama, sitting by the sea with my DH35, DD10, DS4, &DD2!
#5 of 7 Old 03-19-2005, 12:31 PM

I have actually been using Purex free on my fb and haven't had any trouble with it
#6 of 7 Old 03-19-2005, 12:58 PM

I only use Tide Free and have been washing diapers for almost 4 years with no problem. I mainly have FuzziBunz but also have Sugar Peas and Mother-Ease Sandy's--no problem with any of them. I've never had buildup and never had repelling problems. I use VERY little detergent and do an extra rinse after the wash, so maybe that helps?

Homeschooling mom to four kids, ages 18, 18, 10, and 6. 

#7 of 7 Old 03-19-2005, 02:18 PM

I have been having stink issues (water not hot enough mostly) and I had been using All Free... well, on a whim I went and got some regular tide and they dont' smell quite as bad. I think I like the harshness of Tide! I was using Cheer Free (which is the only "free" detergent I saw on fb's recommendation list, but someone correct me if I'm wrong) and it was better than the All but not as good as the Tide. I just don't feel that All is really that strong... but the only reason I have it is someone gave me a big box of one-use sample packets!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page