has anyone ordered from the new WOW people? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 58 Old 04-28-2005, 01:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i got an email from whitney that they'd shipped my wash yesterday! i'm so excited! i got chammomile and spearmint. yum!
#32 of 58 Old 04-28-2005, 01:24 AM

I just used the little suds lotion, and the pearberry lotion stick on Joe's face and it smells yummy! And the stick is so great for his face, he doesn't even get mad
#33 of 58 Old 04-28-2005, 01:30 AM

we have the baby wash, the antibacterial hand soaps, and some rockin lip balms. Kat and Whit are fast, professional and offer great products.
#34 of 58 Old 04-28-2005, 01:39 AM

I their twist up tube diaper rash balm...I won't use anything else! I am going to order some washes and lotions for myself and dd soon too, as well as some WOW wash. I'm sure I won't be disapointed.
#35 of 58 Old 04-28-2005, 01:41 AM

My order came today! Hooray! Hooray!

I haven't even tried the chocolate WOW yet because I was so excited to try the bar WOW. It all smells so wonderful and it really got the light blue longies clean.

MS rocks!

Jen

secular classical-ish mama to an incredible 5 year old DS and an amazing 6 year old DD.
#36 of 58 Old 04-28-2005, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babykinsx2mom
If her new formula is better then the old WOW. I tried the old wow and did not care for it. It left my wool weakly lanolized and after making my own wool wash here at home, I can clearly say there is no way it was ever 50% lanolin. Its nice to see that MS is not claiming it to be that way.
I never really expect my wool wash to actually lanolize my wool. I just dissolve a very tiny bit of lanolin each time I wash. It's nice to have a something rich in lanolin, but I prefer to order from reputable WAHMs who offer great service and YUMMY scents I'm going to use mine tomorrow, it smells like you could eat it!!
#37 of 58 Old 04-28-2005, 02:22 AM

I thier stuff! I ordered some WOW stuff, tarts, and diaper rash cream today! Can't wait to get it!
#38 of 58 Old 04-28-2005, 10:06 AM

I just placed an order yesterday evening, so I am happy to come here and read this thread. Whitney was so sweet to pm me after she read an earlier thread about the WOW & EeZee lanolin scents. I was so sad that they didn't have my favorite scent listed, but she assured me that she had found it and I could request it in the comment box. So, I am sooooo looking forward to replenishing my spiced plum EeZee lanolin supply (I just can't imagine my wool smelling like anything else) - as well as trying two new scents of WOW (kudzu blossom & cucumber melon). And I got some strawberry bath confetti for DS to enjoy .
#39 of 58 Old 04-28-2005, 10:18 AM

Ohhh, I hope mine gets here soon!

(That's the mailman running away from me and all the other stalkers!)

Katherine, mama to Emma Kate (7) and Griffin (3)

#40 of 58 Old 04-28-2005, 12:08 PM

reputable would mean they told thier customers the truth about the products. Knowing what I do I know that when it was sold by the old owner it was calimed to have a lanolin content of 50%. I do realize that now it is made by Whitney @ MS and she does not claim this to be true. I posted what I did because I know I was lied to when I bought my first and only bar of WOW. I never said not to trust MonkeySudz and actually said "Its nice to see that MS is not claiming it to be that way." Giving her credit where it was due.

A wool wash that claims itself to be 50% lanolin should have heavily lanolized your wool. If thats not what you wanted, fine. But the old soap claimed to be that heavy in lanolin and I knew from my experience that it was not. My goal was to find out if the new soap was any better then the old formula now that Monkey Sudz has bought it. I never wanted anyone to NOT buy it from her. Whitney is a wonderful owner and has great customer serivce, and I know a lot of moms who adore her and her products.
#41 of 58 Old 04-28-2005, 12:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
If her new formula is better then the old WOW. I tried the old wow and did not care for it. It left my wool weakly lanolized and after making my own wool wash here at home, I can clearly say there is no way it was ever 50% lanolin. Its nice to see that MS is not claiming it to be that way.
It is wonderful! But... I dont think a wool wash abr is supposed to take place of a full lanolization.
If I recall correctly, it even said on the natural simplicity site that it was NOT to fully lanolize. BUT, I found it was not neccessary to loanolize either. The bar worked just fine for me with no addition lanolizing.

Anyway.... I cant wait to order more things. I am just thrilled with monkey sudz products and customer service.
#42 of 58 Old 04-28-2005, 12:33 PM

the MS site does state:

"This product is for customers that really prefer the ease of a liquid wool wash. It is made with 50% PURE lanolin! This is VERY concentrated. You only need 1-2 tsp per basin to wash and lanolize your wool covers. Now we say that is WOW soap!!"
#43 of 58 Old 04-28-2005, 12:56 PM

Quote:
reputable would mean they told thier customers the truth about the products. Knowing what I do I know that when it was sold by the old owner it was calimed to have a lanolin content of 50%. I do realize that now it is made by Whitney @ MS and she does not claim this to be true. I posted what I did because I know I was lied to when I bought my first and only bar of WOW. I never said not to trust MonkeySudz and actually said "Its nice to see that MS is not claiming it to be that way." Giving her credit where it was due.

A wool wash that claims itself to be 50% lanolin should have heavily lanolized your wool. If thats not what you wanted, fine. But the old soap claimed to be that heavy in lanolin and I knew from my experience that it was not. My goal was to find out if the new soap was any better then the old formula now that Monkey Sudz has bought it. I never wanted anyone to NOT buy it from her. Whitney is a wonderful owner and has great customer serivce, and I know a lot of moms who adore her and her products.
I wasn't meaning to sound rude, I didn't know you sold your product or I would have never said that. I meant I would rather buy from a reputable WAHM than a commercial product.
#44 of 58 Old 04-28-2005, 01:06 PM

I guess we all have different expectations of what wool wash is supposed to do. I just thought that wool wash was supposed to clean the wool, and if it had lanolin in it, it would help you go longer between a full lanolizing.

Katherine, mama to Emma Kate (7) and Griffin (3)

#45 of 58 Old 04-28-2005, 04:20 PM

I am half of the Monkey Sudz owners, and I'm speaking for both Kat and myself in this post. I'm going to reply and hope to clear up any misunderstandings and/or misconceptions without getting this thread shut down. *I* make the WOW products myself, by hand. The WOW *bar* soap that I make is NOT made 50% lanolin. The WOW *liquid* wash is made with 50% lanolin. This is a wool wash. It is not meant to replace the lanolization process, although most people find they don't have to lanolinize as often.

The other common misconception that I want to clear up is that we do not use organic lanolin. As many of the wool WAHMs know, it is darn near impossible to find organic lanolin. There is one company that sells it, but it's in such small amounts and high prices, that it would be cost prohibitive for us. We are in touch with an organic sheep farmer in New Zealand that is working on an eco-friendy way to refine his lanolin so that it is of a grade that is safe and usable for us.

I cannot vouch for what the previous owner made, said or represented; I can only tell you how Kat and I run our business at Monkey Sudz. If anyone has further questions, please PM either Kat or me, or email us through the site.
#46 of 58 Old 04-28-2005, 04:26 PM

Quote:
I can clearly say there is no way it was ever 50% lanolin. Its nice to see that MS is not claiming it to be that way.
I think so, too. I have the WOW recipe and although I haven't tried it yet, it doesn't look as though the 50% lanolin claim on the bar was accurate.
#47 of 58 Old 04-28-2005, 04:32 PM

for you, Whitney. I'm so excited that your store is open that I can't stand it. I can't wait to order some spray lanolin from you guys, and I'm waiting anxiously for the head-to-toe baby wash to restock.
#48 of 58 Old 04-28-2005, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ustasmom
I think so, too. I have the WOW recipe and although I haven't tried it yet, it doesn't look as though the 50% lanolin claim on the bar was accurate.
How did you get the recipe?

-Alice, SAHM to dd (2001) and ds (2004) each of whom was a homebirth.jpg, who each self-weaned at 4.5 years bfolderchild.gif, who both fambedsingle2.gif'd, who were bothcd.gif, and both: novaxnocirc.gif.   Also, gd.gif, and goorganic.jpg!

#49 of 58 Old 04-28-2005, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sustainer
How did you get the recipe?
:
#50 of 58 Old 04-28-2005, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp&pixie
I just placed an order yesterday evening, so I am happy to come here and read this thread. Whitney was so sweet to pm me after she read an earlier thread about the WOW & EeZee lanolin scents. I was so sad that they didn't have my favorite scent listed, but she assured me that she had found it and I could request it in the comment box. So, I am sooooo looking forward to replenishing my spiced plum EeZee lanolin supply (I just can't imagine my wool smelling like anything else) - as well as trying two new scents of WOW (kudzu blossom & cucumber melon). And I got some strawberry bath confetti for DS to enjoy .
They DO have spiced plum?!?!?! You totally got me hooked on that scent, Monique! But I was all set to order some black raspberry vanilla... Maybe I should request two scent cards first so I can choose!
#51 of 58 Old 04-28-2005, 04:47 PM

Personally I don't care how much lanolin is in the wash, it smells so good...the only thing I do is add a bit of lanolin to the wet zone.

And no one get their undies in a bunch over me saying this, but I don't think we should make comments about a WAHMs product or business in such way that it could be taken as a negative, it's just not classy KWIM? I will always buy from them because they are very friendly and so fast too! I already ordered twice I think questions of a certain nature are best discussed in private.
#52 of 58 Old 04-28-2005, 05:03 PM

i just got my order today! WOW that was fast! everything smells SO GOOD and i got a little sample of summer fling bar!
can't wait to give some of the woolies a bath tonight!
#53 of 58 Old 04-28-2005, 05:16 PM

Why would something that is 50% lanolin be expected to "heavily" lanolize something when I'm using 100% lanolin and it doesn't end up "heavily" lanolized. I don't expect it to fully lanolize but to just be the washing portion of my wool wash routine. I think the fact that it has lanolin in it is nice because there have been times where I don't lanolize with lansinoh after and it works just fine still. I think WOW smells better than Eucalin and I prefer supporting a wahm business.
#54 of 58 Old 04-28-2005, 06:01 PM

I just got my WOW! It was so fast, my husband asked if I'd had it FedEx'ed.

Okay, so the Lemongrass & Sage is absolutely delicious. I also got a custom mix of Patchouli & Neroli blossom - it's fabulous. My husband doesn't like it... we'll just shun him. Obviously, there is something very wrong in his world.

Seriously, the stuff is wonderful (LOVE the Summer Fling, too) and, as everybody should have gotten by now, Whitney is wonderful. I got my order in the blink of an eye, it seems. I can't wait to wash all my wools. I would have added to the review Boobiemama posted in the reviews forum, but I am apparently not cool enough (yet) : .
#55 of 58 Old 04-28-2005, 06:13 PM

I'm going to order some... despite bing up to my armpits in wool wash, lol. What does summer fling smell like? I don't like flowery but I do like citrus-y...

Amy: Certified Professional Midwife and mom to Max (11) and Stella (6).
#56 of 58 Old 04-28-2005, 06:29 PM

Sheena,

The summer fling bar to ME smells fresh and clean with maybe a hint of perfume. I didn't think I'd like it very much but I do!t that doesn't mean I still can't wait to see what the next scents are! :LOL

And Whitney, you are AWESOME. Your wool stuff is the only thing I'll ever use again.

Jen

secular classical-ish mama to an incredible 5 year old DS and an amazing 6 year old DD.
#57 of 58 Old 04-28-2005, 07:03 PM

Me too. I got some today! I am in heaven here smelling Belgian chocolate and spearmint wool wash. I can't wait to try the liquid. I also have a spray lanolin in a soapy smell. They truly did come super fast. And yesterday I got another part of the order for some body wash. My ds really loved his bath last night. I didn't have to spend a minute convincing him to get in after I told him he had chocolate covered banana to put in it. Oh, and I got an unexpected little coconut lip balm which is divine. My son has taken it for himself though. :LOL and a nice pen too!

Mama to 12, and 9 and 3. 
#58 of 58 Old 04-28-2005, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheena
I'm going to order some... despite bing up to my armpits in wool wash, lol. What does summer fling smell like? I don't like flowery but I do like citrus-y...
It smells a bit like berries, but not in a fake, too-berry kind of way... more like the air when you're picking raspberries or wild strawberries. There's a natural floral hint and a subtle fresh berry smell. It really does remind me of late summer in Maine, standing by the road picking blackberries and raspberries. I know that probably doesn't pin it down for you, but know that I can't stand the standard berry or fruit scents (love the natural citrus scents, though) and this is, to my nose, anyway, quite lovely.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page