This may seem odd... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-24-2005, 07:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anybody use wool wash bars on themselves? If so, which ones? I like the idea of the lanolin, and heavy moisturizing. We have tha hardest water on the planet, seriously, I really think it is, and I feel squeaky after a shower, then itchy and tight.

Otherwise, is there any handmade soap/non-soap item out there that won't leave my skin feeling like a rubber balloon?

#2 of 6 Old 04-24-2005, 07:58 PM

I was wondering something similar. I've left my wool wash bar on the bathroom sink and wondered if it was ok for people to use it. So I'm curious, too.
#3 of 6 Old 04-24-2005, 08:03 PM

Hehehe I've thought about it too because I got a sugar cookie scented one a couple of weeks ago and it smells so good I want to take a bite out of if :LOL I have NO clue if this is safe to use on skin though.
#4 of 6 Old 04-24-2005, 08:07 PM

i've used wow bars on youngest ds, they've done wonders with his eczema itchies. rarely on myself though, because i'm overly oily, although they're great for postpartum dry skin.
#5 of 6 Old 04-24-2005, 08:08 PM

Not sure about those wool wash soap bars, but I know that the soap my dh buys me has lanolin in it and feels GREAT (also notice a dramatic decrease in bug bites too!) but I don't think it is "natural"
#6 of 6 Old 04-24-2005, 09:12 PM

I'm hopelessly addicted to Yuzu WOW. I have been using it on mommy "spa" days only because I wanted it to last (can't wait to order more). My skin always feels wonderful afterwards. Off to go browse Monkey Suds (again :LOL).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page