She smells like pee - Mothering Forums

#1 of 4 Old 05-09-2005, 12:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DH has commented that Ariana frequently smells like pee. I don't smell it, except on rare occasions. She uses a prefold for 10-30lb-ers with a So Simple during the day. Sometimes I can smell pee on the fleece collar near her legs, but it's dried. Should I use the 25-50lb-er prefolds? Would that help? Or another cover? I change her frequently, so that isn't the problem... I tried Bummi's several months ago but didn't like them (marks on her legs). She never used to smell like this - she's 1 and I've been using them since she was 2 months old. Any ideas? Oh, and I use the jely roll fold so the diaper isn't near the fleece leg openings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 05-09-2005, 01:20 AM

Have you started giving her a wider variety of foods? I noticed after DD was no longer exclusively breastfed that her pee started to smell stronger. My toddler can have really strong pee at times. If that is the case, there is really nothing much you can do - but it sure beats the smell of toddler pee in a disposable
#3 of 4 Old 05-09-2005, 11:23 AM - Thread Starter

hmm, that's an idea. But i do think she's getting pretty good variety.

#4 of 4 Old 05-09-2005, 01:27 PM

Sometimes my diapers and covers start smelling more strongly of pee when ds wets. I find that turning up the hot water heater all the way and doing some extra rinses when I do diaper laundry will take care of it.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page