#31 of 52 Old 05-09-2005, 09:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~WickidaWitch~
http://www.mothering.com/mdc/mdc_useragreement.html
Wouldnt rules 1 and or 7 apply here???

I have no opinion about her ebay listing but I know if ya'll were talking about me right now it would make me feel very unwelcome and not want to come back.
Just my 2 cents

Yes it does make one feel unwelcome, but maybe thats what is wanted. But me I am gonna stick around and you cant get rid of me just because you dont like the fact that I am selling something that is mine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 52 Old 05-09-2005, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishpiggy
Yes it does make one feel unwelcome, but maybe thats what is wanted. But me I am gonna stick around and you cant get rid of me just because you dont like the fact that I am selling something that is mine.
I dont actually think it is anyones intention to make you feel unwelcome.
I was just saying how it would make me feel(clear head about it because its not me vs.unclear thinking if it were me) KWIM?
Just my opinion ofcoarse
#33 of 52 Old 05-09-2005, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomInFlux
Don't sweat it, mama! Me expressing disappointment 'cause I didn't get the cover at the FM stocking doesn't equal thinking that you don't have the right to do with it whatever you want. I don't know about the hyena versus non-hyena stuff, but I do think it's a bummer that you only got one response when you asked about cover care. Good luck!

AGAIN!! ditto! LOL
#34 of 52 Old 05-09-2005, 09:15 PM

Thanks guys im not sweating it. Well sweating until the soaker gets to $35 but thats the only sweating i am doing :LOL
#35 of 52 Old 05-09-2005, 09:40 PM

Quote:
If your upset about it fine. Im not gonna sit here and worry about it. I need the money and that is that. I have seen mammas here in the past list stuff on ebay hyena stuff and they dont get flamed for it. They get encouraged they people bid high on it. I think the problem is a non hyena winning a hyena item and then selling it cause I need the money. Maybe thats the issue. Either way, I cant justify spending that kind of money on a soaker not now that I know the full extent of our financial situation.
I guess that it just boils down to how we live and what we are teaching our children. You can teach your children the basic Golden Rule: "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." Or you can teach them to live by the rule "I'm Number One."

For me, I am not about to hurt a WAHM by selling brand new hyena fluff for profit on eBay. And actually, I think that it is sending the wrong message to buy scalped hyena fluff as well. Not a message that I want to send my children.

My feelings would be hurt so I can only assume that she would be upset, too. I don't value $$ over a person's feelings. It isn't worth it. A person is always more important than money. That message gets lost in society a lot, but it is an important message to teach our future.
#36 of 52 Old 05-09-2005, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ustasmom
I guess that it just boils down to how we live and what we are teaching our children. You can teach your children the basic Golden Rule: "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." Or you can teach them to live by the rule "I'm Number One."

For me, I am not about to hurt a WAHM by selling brand new hyena fluff for profit on eBay. And actually, I think that it is sending the wrong message to buy scalped hyena fluff as well. Not a message that I want to send my children.

My feelings would be hurt so I can only assume that she would be upset, too. I don't value $$ over a person's feelings. It isn't worth it. A person is always more important than money. That message gets lost in society a lot, but it is an important message to teach our future.

As stated before I was not trying to sell it for profit. I am hoping for what I paid end of story. I have stated that. If i wanted profit I would have put a reserve on it or started the bidding much higher. But hey I guess some people can put stuff on ebay to raise money to pay bills (which I have seen) and others cant cause they are not hyenas wonder why.

And why is this scalped????????
#37 of 52 Old 05-09-2005, 09:48 PM

Quote:
As stated before I was not trying to sell it for profit. I am hoping for what I paid end of story. I have stated that. If i wanted profit I would have put a reserve on it or started the bidding much higher. But hey I guess some people can put stuff on ebay to raise money to pay bills (which I have seen) and others cant cause they are not hyenas wonder why.
No, it has nothing to do with being a hyena. The difference is between new and used. Used fluff is used fluff. If you can sell it, then sell it. Sometimes you can and sometimes you can't.
#38 of 52 Old 05-09-2005, 09:54 PM

So because this is new I shouldnt be able to sell it???? Thats what it seems to me your saying correct me if im wrong.
Im sorry your offended by it, but after all I did win it and its by decision to part with it.
Dont you all who are upset about this dont you think that I may actually want to keep it??? I would if i could but feeding my child is more important than a soaker. I guess I am wrong to feel this way. Oh well I wont feel guily about putting my family first.

I am done defending myself. I shouldnt have had to in the first place. Thank you all that have sent me nice pms and thanks for the encouragement. I realize I do have to do whats best for my family and thanks for encouraging me to do so.
#39 of 52 Old 05-09-2005, 10:02 PM

Quote:
So because this is new I shouldnt be able to sell it???? Thats what it seems to me your saying correct me if im wrong.
Im sorry your offended by it, but after all I did win it and its by decision to part with it.
Dont you all who are upset about this dont you think that I may actually want to keep it??? I would if i could but feeding my child is more important than a soaker. I guess I am wrong to feel this way. Oh well I wont feel guily about putting my family first.
So are you saying that had you never purchased this wool cover that your child would have nothing to eat today?

Are you trying to say that this cover was made to put food on your table? I mean, that is why it is on eBay, right?
#40 of 52 Old 05-09-2005, 10:10 PM

Mishpiggy I hope your cover goes high.

Mom to  Rachel 15 Kimberly 12 Chloe 10 and Nathaniel 8
#41 of 52 Old 05-09-2005, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ustasmom
So are you saying that had you never purchased this wool cover that your child would have nothing to eat today?

Are you trying to say that this cover was made to put food on your table? I mean, that is why it is on eBay, right?

I listed stuff on ebay for various reasons. To provide food, to provide a nice room for my son in our new house, to help pay bills, to help put gas in the car. So yes in essence I had to list this cover and a ton other stuff including more that I am listing to night to help pay for some of the essentials in life. I would not part with this cover if I did not absoluetly need the money. But when you look at it this way, the way my dh and I have to look at it, it has to go. I cant justify keeping a $35 soaker when in a month from now the money will be so tight that we have about $60 - $100 to put food on the table. I in good conscience cant keep it. I can buy so much for $35!!! It doesnt make since to me to keep something so yes when it comes to paying bills putting food on the table I have to choose. In the future i will be selling more new diapers as the need arrives. I hope I dont have to sell my whole stash but the more expensive diapers are the first to go. The is the most expensive so it has to go. I am sure in the future I will be listing others. So its not alone. But for now I am going to see how far I can get with the stuff I have listed and am currenctly listing.
I hope this answers your question. So yes selling this will help me provide food for my child. Its $$$ That I dont have now to spend on food and guess what my freezer is almost empty my fridge is almost empy and so is my food cupboard. Pickings are slim.
#42 of 52 Old 05-09-2005, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mygirls
Mishpiggy I hope your cover goes high.

Thanks!!! :
#43 of 52 Old 05-09-2005, 10:17 PM

edited... ill just start my own thread
#44 of 52 Old 05-09-2005, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2kyla
I have no comment on the ethics of reselling stuff like this But I do want to say I think the seller should at least take the time to put up your own picture. IT takes time to take nice pictures & edit them.... Amy and Carli work really hard to make their products look professional and it really sucks to see people steal them off the site for their own personal ebay auctions
ETA : sorry if this offends anyone... but its something that always nags at me. Pictures and graphics on a site are owned by the site owner and you should always ask permission before using them.

Wanna know why I did that???? I have the cheapest crappiest Digital camera that takes the crappiest pictures. I didnt want to do the soaker in justice by taking it with my camera.
My camera takes such crappy pictures im sure the wahm would be embarrassed to see her soaker on there with a aweful aweful picture doing it injustice
#45 of 52 Old 05-09-2005, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Wanna know why I did that???? I have the cheapest crappiest Digital camera that takes the crappiest pictures. I didnt want to do the soaker in justice by taking it with my camera.
Then don't be surprised if your auction gets pulled. Taking a picture from a site and using it in your listing is basically stealing and companies don't look kindly on it. It happened to a friend of mine and so I know how ugly it can get.

, , , mama to Ross , Reagan (8/29/05), Joshua (from Haiti...here NOW due to the earthquake!), and Elijah , born safely 9-8-09.
#46 of 52 Old 05-09-2005, 10:25 PM

I give up must we nit pick everything. And I have seen others use pictures that dont belong to them for hyena items on ebay. That have not been flamed here. I cant believe it. If you dont like it dont bid. For crying out loud cant be let this die!!!
If they want injustice done to their soaker by me taking a crappy picture so be it I will do it. But until then
#47 of 52 Old 05-09-2005, 10:28 PM

Quote:
I give up must we nit pick everything. And I have seen others use pictures that dont belong to them for hyena items on ebay. That have not been flamed here. I cant believe it. If you dont like it dont bid. For crying out loud cant be let this die!!! Even if it gets pulled guess what its going back up on ebay so either way...
Look, I don't have a problem with what you're doing. I really don't care, but there are rules on eBay and I think you should be aware of them so you're not wondering what happens when your auction gets pulled.

, , , mama to Ross , Reagan (8/29/05), Joshua (from Haiti...here NOW due to the earthquake!), and Elijah , born safely 9-8-09.
#48 of 52 Old 05-09-2005, 10:33 PM

mishpiggy

Mom to  Rachel 15 Kimberly 12 Chloe 10 and Nathaniel 8
#49 of 52 Old 05-09-2005, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mygirls
mishpiggy
Thanks!
#50 of 52 Old 05-09-2005, 10:44 PM

i edited.. sorry to post it here, it didnt belong here in this post as you are not the first or the last to do it
#51 of 52 Old 05-09-2005, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2kyla
i edited.. sorry to post it here, it didnt belong here in this post as you are not the first or the last to do it
Thats cool I didnt even think about it. I just emailed the mammas. Thanks for letting me know. It never crossed my mind to ask.
#52 of 52 Old 05-09-2005, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~WickidaWitch~
http://www.mothering.com/mdc/mdc_useragreement.html
Wouldnt rules 1 and or 7 apply here???

I have no opinion about her ebay listing but I know if ya'll were talking about me right now it would make me feel very unwelcome and not want to come back.
Just my 2 cents
You are absolutely right!

This thread is closed.

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page