Give me a crash course on hyena fluff - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 05-15-2005, 10:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, I think I'm becoming a monster and it all started with a fuzzi-bunz--one lonely little medium sage with butter fleece. Until 2 weeks ago I was perfectly thrilled with my stash of simple prefolds, 2 bummis SWW, 4 Bummis original and 2 Motherease covers, throw in 3 wool soakers for variety and I was a perfectly happy cd'ing mama.

Then one afternoon the mail-lady knocked on my door with a wee package that had the cutest little Fuzzi-bunz you ever did see--turns out dd's skin stays dry for the longest time in her FB. We've had it a little over a week and it's been washed 11 times. That sent me to the trading post to order more fuzzi bunz! Afterall, it was well worth it since the infant prefolds she was growing out of could be used to stuff the FB's--makes perfect sense right???

So, I now have a dozen medium FB's arriving some time this week from various mamas.

Once on the trading post, I saw all these other dipes that people seemed to clamour over...so...fill me in....what would I love....what can my dd just not live without (afterall, the one FB we have now has certainly enriched her little life)

Anyone care to enlighten me??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 13 Old 05-15-2005, 11:31 PM

Oh Shannon....no...no...NO! Run away as fast as you can. You will not know what has even hit you! :LOL
#3 of 13 Old 05-15-2005, 11:33 PM

Well if you mean real hyena stuff, I steer clear. I simply cannot be bothered with stalking and never getting anything or worse actually getting something I like and not being able to get more. And to be brutally honest when I have scored hyena fluff, its arrived and well, its just a diaper. Nice sure but no better than anything else I already have.

Worst case scenario is I hate it - like wool. Just dont like it.

But if you're just talking fancier than prefolds well I think fuzzibunz and other pockets are terrific too. It's mostly what I use, we have about 20 fuzzibunz. And you can justify it if you really want to because you can use your prefolds as stuffers. But you do have to try a hemp insert, they're so trim.......
#4 of 13 Old 05-16-2005, 01:34 AM

Well, let's see, do you want to know the ones that are really really impossible to get or the ones that should be hyena, but aren't and therefore...available?! You see..the true hyena items are unique in that if you get one and love it and want more...at least you won't go broke buying them since they'll be so few and far between! :LOL

Here are some of my personal faves:

www.thecalicobaby.com

www.mudpiebabies.com get on her yahoo list..she'll be opening for customs soon. I've got 18 of these and 'em!!

www.simonscustomcloth.com Erica is great to work with, reasonably priced and is really fast! If she doesn't have anything instock e-mail her..she may be able to help you out!

www.lucyshopechest.com Haven't personally tried these, but they get rave reviews all the time!

www.sosdiapers.com These are hyena though and hard to come by

www.muttaqinbaby.com

That should get you started on your diapering addiction quite nicely! You'll have to post pics of all the fluff as it comes to you!

Jesse, wife to DH , mama to DD 13, DS 11, DS 8, DD 6, DS 3 & bean EDD 12/18/13
#5 of 13 Old 05-16-2005, 02:48 AM

The TP really is the best place to get a taste for hyena fluff, if you are seriously wanting it. Fair warning tho... once you get a taste, it becomes a thirst that can creep up on you at the worst times ( like BETWEEN payday!)
Some of my personal favs are:

www.bottombumpers.com
www.luxebaby.com
www.baybee.ca
www.elbeebaby.com
none of which can be had from the WAHMs at the moment, and must be spotted and snapped up quickly on the TP!

Some of our more available favs are
ClothEase Pockets at www.greenacredesigns.com
Harleyz Pocketz
www.beccabottoms.com
Very Baby pockets at www.weceedee.com or www.verybaby.com

oh the fun you will ( or will NOT) have :LOL
#6 of 13 Old 05-16-2005, 03:33 AM

Ha! Just run. . .far, far away!
#7 of 13 Old 05-16-2005, 04:09 AM

Uh oh...

Weeeeeeeell....we have a couple VK, from a fellow countryWAHM.

Several Bottombumpers, my last couple as the feeding frenzy came to a fevered pitch. :LOL

Guess Sugarbums is hyena....

FF

LF is new generations hyena

Got a coupleSOS that are old school hyena and the new generation hyenas are discovering it. Friday is SOS day.

Seems like Cuddlebuns especially due to the new OV craze.

There ya go....
#8 of 13 Old 05-16-2005, 04:37 AM

Fluffymail, who make First Class Baby and Little Caboose, are truly hyena. When they stock their shop so many descend to try to snap them up that their poor website can barely take the strain, and the nappies are gone in seconds. Their stuff is just beautiful. It may be dangerous to look, but if you dare, their website is:
www.fluffymail.com
#9 of 13 Old 05-16-2005, 07:20 AM

If you are loving your FB's, I second the www.greenacredesigns.com suggestion. Her pockets are great and her covers are really nice also!
#10 of 13 Old 05-16-2005, 09:36 AM

FCB.... I guess I'm not truly a . I can't bring myself to spent $25 on a dipe that's not OS. (b/c I'm looking at the oc)
#11 of 13 Old 05-16-2005, 10:12 AM

Letia, the fit of FCB is really wonderful on our little chubsters.. Every size and style fits her.

Take a look at Tykie too. Her diapers are wonderfully made and she usually has in stock. I also really like BBH and Righteous Baby.

I think a lot of it is going to be what fits your baby. Lots of hyena stuff just doesn't fit mine at all!

Holli
#12 of 13 Old 05-20-2005, 12:29 PM

I had compiled a list with links here: http://mothering.com/discussions/sho...d.php?t=279710

Though, looks like you've already got some already!

Christine - mama to my 4 boys
#13 of 13 Old 05-20-2005, 06:08 PM

I think I'm getting good on dipes now....I'll have more for the summer diaper party.

I'd have to go used for that one and I've gotten a bad taste in my mouth after my last tp transaction for that. And they go so fast.

I need to concentrate on some m/l woolies.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page