Does anybody NOT have a problem with Little Lambs? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 56 Old 06-11-2005, 01:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by p137
I love'd 'em too! I had a little bit of wicking but I stripped them and then only washed them in sportwash (we have HARD water here) and gave each of them a good coat of PWG. Perfect!
What is PWG? :

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#32 of 56 Old 06-11-2005, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max's Mami
Ditto - the print outer ones we had wicked EVERY single time and that was when Maxi was about 6 months old and not a super heavy wetter during the day (which is when we used them). But the non-print outers never did.
I think I will try a thincker insert on my printed ones and see what happens.

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#33 of 56 Old 06-11-2005, 01:26 PM

The OP's title had a negative spin on it from the start. She is saying that she knows they wick for almost everyone. It's like asking to hear negative comments. And then, as usual on this exact thread, people with 3 posts pop up and say "oooohhhh, I just LOVE LL. My DC pees 17 quarts or liquid 12 times a day and he/she can wear a print AIO for 48 hours with NO WICKING". And then around and around we go. I know I sound super cynical, but I am just being honest. It seems to me that everytime this board has an influx of new members, there is the ole' push to have them buy some LL from someone who makes the aformentioned comment. I don't know, it is all just way too obvious to me.
#34 of 56 Old 06-11-2005, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmunch
The OP's title had a negative spin on it from the start. She is saying that she knows they wick for almost everyone. It's like asking to hear negative comments. And then, as usual on this exact thread, people with 3 posts pop up and say "oooohhhh, I just LOVE LL. My DC pees 17 quarts or liquid 12 times a day and he/she can wear a print AIO for 48 hours with NO WICKING". And then around and around we go. I know I sound super cynical, but I am just being honest. It seems to me that everytime this board has an influx of new members, there is the ole' push to have them buy some LL from someone who makes the aformentioned comment. I don't know, it is all just way too obvious to me.
Do you mean like no one likes them but people are trying to say good things about them so that newbies will buy them? I don't personally like to see threads asking for critisism of WAHM dipes either, but I just don't know about questioning the integrity of the post. It could have been for the wrong reason, but it also could have not been. I get really annoyed when I see posts that are just asking for it, but sometimes I think maybe they jsut don't know .
#35 of 56 Old 06-11-2005, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmunch
I think that this topic in particular is a well known entity. It is an inflamatory one, often brought up for the sake of argument itself. I completely disagree with the above and that is what the diapering reviews and the search button is there for. At least that's what it was for when I first came here. But then again, it's very different here now.
The true beauty of a forum like this one is that every member has the right to read (or ignore) any post they want. If you don't like the topic, simply ignore it. If you don't like a post because it is rude or a repeat, just don't read or respond to it. If the poster who started the new thread doesn't get a response they will figure it out.

If not for the questions and vents/raves of WAHMs why would this board be here? Maybe there needs to be a sticky that says "Warning all new members, please do a complete search and read all of the diaper reviews for if you post anything that the older members consider a repeat or seems to insult any WAHM (even if she has earned the right to be insulted by a bad product or horrible customer service) we will gripe about it. You ARE allowed to ask completely unique questions that we have never seen (such as, Do aliens in Mars use FBs or they prefer the look of Fussybutts, or How do you wash diapers in a top loader washer on the space shuttle) or post photos of your babies in cute diapers (but please, only one photo of each child, we don't want to see the same child in future photos, it must be a different child). Please tread carefully because the older members are very determined that you use the search button which is to the right of the screen. Not using this search button to the fullest will entitle you to being gently reprimanded, possibly losing your membership to the diapering forum, and even possible death. Enter with care for even though we say we are a friendly board and ARE 99% of the time, don't test us for we do get PMS some days!"
#36 of 56 Old 06-11-2005, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberthesugarcat
The true beauty of a forum like this one is that every member has the right to read (or ignore) any post they want. If you don't like the topic, simply ignore it. If you don't like a post because it is rude or a repeat, just don't read or respond to it. If the poster who started the new thread doesn't get a response they will figure it out.

If not for the questions and vents/raves of WAHMs why would this board be here? Maybe there needs to be a sticky that says "Warning all new members, please do a complete search and read all of the diaper reviews for if you post anything that the older members consider a repeat or seems to insult any WAHM (even if she has earned the right to be insulted by a bad product or horrible customer service) we will gripe about it. You ARE allowed to ask completely unique questions that we have never seen (such as, Do aliens in Mars use FBs or they prefer the look of Fussybutts, or How do you wash diapers in a top loader washer on the space shuttle) or post photos of your babies in cute diapers (but please, only one photo of each child, we don't want to see the same child in future photos, it must be a different child). Please tread carefully because the older members are very determined that you use the search button which is to the right of the screen. Not using this search button to the fullest will entitle you to being gently reprimanded, possibly losing your membership to the diapering forum, and even possible death. Enter with care for even though we say we are a friendly board and ARE 99% of the time, don't test us for we do get PMS some days!"
I think such sarcasm is really not needed. I am unsubscribing to this thread. WHat a shame we cannot all speak as adults!

ANd you are wrong about one thing. It is NOT ok to post vents/bashing of WAHM products. Whether or not you'd get a thread like that pulled I don't know, but I think that everyone will agree that WAHM bashing is NOT cool!!!
#37 of 56 Old 06-11-2005, 02:54 PM

Actually, I was not being sarcastic but trying to be funny. Great, I will never make it in Vegas... I honestly did not mean to offend you 425lisamarie.

And I have seen valid threads with honest questions from nice mamas asking if other people have had a certain negative experience from a WAHM or a WAHM's product. I personally want to be warned if a WAHM does not deliver her product as intended or ignores emails from frantic customers. Just like Big Bad Business there are WAHMs out there that scam customers or provide subpar products for whatever reasons, and it is great when mamas report those scams. Isn't that allowed?

And before I buy a diaper I want to know whether people out there have used it and think it is a good. Every diaper is different with every baby, so it is not bashing any WAHM to say that "so and so diaper does not work for me for so and so reasons". I have read some real rants about WAHMs over on the diaperpin directory reviews and it has directed my business to honest good WAHMs that I want to keep in business.

And maybe you think we should just report the raves but not say anything about the rants with the theory that WAHMs Gone Bad won't have any advertising. But what happens when YOU find a WAHM site with some cute diapers and you honestly want to know if people have liked them but you can't find anything searching through this board? Do you want someone to tell you what they really think about the diaper? Or would you rather they say it is ok and you buy it and it stinks or you never get it.

WAHMs are people just like us and some are good and some are bad and it helps having open forums where people can discuss (like adults) pros and cons. Being a WAHM does not make you untouchable. To be a successful WAHM it is not enough to be a working Mom who needs to support her children. Hell, most of us are Moms who need to support our kids. A successful WAHM has to also be a good business woman with above average products to survive.

I buy all of my baby stuff from WAHMs and I have been fortunate to only have excellent experiences in both customer service and products. But that is because I have listened with an open ear to both rants and raves I have found on this site and other diapering sites. I would be clueless if not for the great women of these various boards and their collective wisdom and undying patience. I want to personally thank the mamas would will answer the "Which is better, CPF or IPF" question graciously time and time again. And maybe their answer will change with time so the question needed to be asked once more. Don't you ever find something you like better?

I really thought most members of this board embraced every honest question and really attempt to support the hard-working good WAHMs out there and help weed out WAHMs that should NOT be in business.
#38 of 56 Old 06-11-2005, 03:04 PM

nak. I have used LL a couple of times. My latest experiences with them arre my ultra heavy wetting 8 week old. I have big babies so we skipped the nb alltogether. Her size chart says 10-18lbs for med, and I have found it pretty accurate so far. My son is probably 17lbs and they are getting small. Oh, I should add that I made a couple of banners and traded Jennifer for these about a year and a half ago. When I used LL with my oldest, the sizing on the larges was way off-- dunno if they still are or not.

As far as leaking/absorbency, we do need a good thick doubler with them. We have the hemp soaker, and IMO it just isnt thick enough. If I add a doubler he can wear them 2-3 hrs without leakage. I do like the prints, the price, and even the fit of the mediums. They are a good diaper bag diaper IMO. Just throw a nice thirsty doubler in with them!
heather
#39 of 56 Old 06-11-2005, 03:07 PM

I see nothing negative with the OP.

Different dipes work for different babies.....no biggie!!!

#40 of 56 Old 06-11-2005, 03:17 PM

we used LL and loved them. had some wicking sometimes and othertimes not. never had wicking with the laminated pul ones, the solid color ones. i found when i had her in them i just had to be a little quicker at changing her and that was fine. they were nice and trim on her and worked great. loved all the cute prints and great prices.

i did use permanent water guard though, yikes. oh well, can't undo things, just have to live and learn. it did help them not to wick but yuck.

love the hemp soakers. i even passed some on to another local mama and she used them for awhile. i didn't have a super soaker though, so my experience might be influenced by that. i never used them as a night time dipe though. loved my happy heinys for that.
#41 of 56 Old 06-11-2005, 05:01 PM

OK, Amberthesugarcat, you are not funny. And, go read the rules, this is NOT a place to vent about customer service or WAHMs. If you had done a search though, you would know that.
#42 of 56 Old 06-11-2005, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Ok. I seriously did not expect this post to start controversy. I was just really surprised that so many people have issues with LL (mostly on this board), since they work so well for us. I'm somewhat new to cd'ing and I don't really know the intricacies (sp?) of how they work/why they wick. I'm also not some spy working for LL who waits for newbies then promotes their product. Would anybody have had a problem if I posted about a different brand, or is it just LL that starts problems?

I post here more and more now that I am more comfortable in this forum. If there are some unspoken rules I need to know about, please tell me about them. It took a long time to venture in here. It was quite intimidating at first. There are lost of posts I don't even understand and lots of fluff I've never heard of.

I hope you all understand that I'm not here to start trouble. This is one of my favorite boards. I'm new to cd'ing and very excited about it.
#43 of 56 Old 06-11-2005, 05:15 PM

I think most of the posts are totally OT.

Shaunam....your thread is fine.

#44 of 56 Old 06-11-2005, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBee

Shaunam....your thread is fine.
:

Shaunam
#45 of 56 Old 06-11-2005, 07:15 PM

I think we should all be able to post what we want, when we want (provided it's on topic of course). That's the point of this forum.

I have posted questions that had been rehashed many many times before - I've even started laundry threads as of late : - and I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I do use the search button occasionally but sometimes it's just nice to get some new perspectives.

I personally don't think there's anything wrong with the OP. And to add to the topic of discussion, I have tried almost every diaper out there and my LL work fine. Mind you I have to stress that I have a light-moderate wetter, certainly NOT a heavy wetter.

Nada
#46 of 56 Old 06-11-2005, 08:45 PM

Ok I just want to clarify, I don't think there is anything wrong with the OP. I was irritated that sarcasm got brought into the midst,and then someone said this board is for venting/raving about WAHM products. I don't think it's ok to talk bad about them. There is a tactful way to talk about a problem with a WAHM diaper. Since most the time it's a functional and NOT customer service issue (which should be directed to the reviews section anyways), I think we should just be sensitive to the fact that mamas who make diapers are for the most part very honest and of high integrity. I do think it's ok to ask whatever the heck you want and no one should make you feel stupid/bad about it. I think people feel intimidated here sometimes which is wrong, but I'm totally not going there because it's talked about a whole lot.

And none of this has to do with the OP because I don't think there was any ill intent, I was just commenting on what got brought up in the midst of things. I cannot stand to see sarcasm and rudeness, it just totally annoys me :
#47 of 56 Old 06-11-2005, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nada
I think we should all be able to post what we want, when we want (provided it's on topic of course). That's the point of this forum.
I just wanted to go even more off topic : and share a perspective about forums and doing searches for something versus starting a new thread.

I've been on a lot of boards (not this one! Everyone here is extremely friendly, patient, and full of great info!) where, when a newbie asks a question, they are given an annoyed "go check the archives" answer.

But, the point of posting on a board is not just info. Part of it is, but bonding with people and getting to know them is a huge part of it too.

I think a lot of people start the bonding process that way... they start by asking some newbie questions, getting to know other posters in the same boat, and making friends, etc.

I mean, let's face it, if only NEW things were posted, this board wouldn't have very many postings! And there would be scads of people who, through the whole CD learning process, wouldn't be able to post until they were stalking new Fussybutt's or something. LOL

I just wanted to point that out - there is a purpose to asking the newbie questions, other than just getting information.
#48 of 56 Old 07-10-2005, 04:43 AM

#49 of 56 Old 07-10-2005, 07:59 AM

im new to cd too and i wanted ot ask about LL too, because its all i see on ebay and i havent heard anybody saying how excited they are that in the mail came LL fluff. I think the topic started off just fine. i was so confused when i first started looking at the diapering threads so im so thankful for mamas who do answer repeat ?. _Yeah i could have spent lots of time trying searches and stuff but it much nicer when someone answers your question and you can reply back. I also love some of the funny comments you mamas come up with. The UFO stuff was great :LOL :LOL. oh no does that make me a WHAM basher for laughing!!
#50 of 56 Old 07-10-2005, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnyhatanpaa
_Yeah i could have spent lots of time trying searches and stuff but it much nicer when someone answers your question and you can reply back. I also love some of the funny comments you mamas come up with.
:

Yes, it is much more fun asking a question than searching through thousands of old posts that might be outdated and boring. Like a PP said, the reason forums like this exists is that people can actually interact with other people and not just read posted data. Plus every question needs to be asked again and again because there are new people on the board who might have valuable insight, or older members who might have come across some new info.

Don't let anyone scare you off from posting! 99.9% of Moms on this board are absolutely great and I have seen them answer the same questions over and over again with great dignity and respect. The other 0.01% are just grouchy and take EVERYTHING TOO SERIOUSLY!

I wish I could help you with the LL, but I have never used them due to research on this board. That is one reason this forum is such a valuable tool. People give their honest opinion (either positive or negative) about diapering products out there, thus separating out the WAHMs that should and should NOT be in business. I guess this is the BBB of diapering! People must be respectful and considerate in their rants and raves of course. But I sure want to know if a product works or does not work! But I can tell you that if you do not hear much about a product here, then that could be a warning sign (unless it has just not been discovered by the good Moms here).

Just post away and ask whatever you want and ignore the "do a search, dummy" responses. We have all been there, believe me. Welcome to the wonderful world of CDs! There is such a wealth of knowledge here.
#51 of 56 Old 07-10-2005, 11:29 AM

If you want the perspective of a newbie
I was just looking at these last night on eBay, trying to figure out if dh would use them. So when I saw this thread up, as a newbie here, I had to see....I had no idea this topic had been discussed before. As for the search button, I, for one, didn't know it was up there!
Now I have to go check the DR board, as I have never ventured in there either!
-So even though this thread went way OT, I got something out of it LOL-
#52 of 56 Old 07-10-2005, 12:04 PM

I only have 1 LL cow print I got from another momma.Its a large and it fits my 4 month 15 lber like a medium does.I even had to adjust the thigh snap out to the second one.I think the sizing runs small atleast for the one I have.I have only had one leak with it.I had my son in the Moby wrap and he must of did the flood pee cause his clothes got soaked only on one side.I never tried them at bedtime though.For the price you can't wrong but I just prefer something thats reliable 24-7 no matter what is going on.
#53 of 56 Old 07-10-2005, 03:55 PM

I bought a bunch of them for my newborn stash. Luckily I had switched ds over to cloth too otherwise I may have changed my mind about CDing. They're the worst nappy I've ever tried. Everything leaked straight out ande I had a heck of a time getting my money back.
I really feel for beginners who buy them and don't know it gets far better than that.

~Daednu
#54 of 56 Old 07-11-2005, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaDaednu
I really feel for beginners who buy them and don't know it gets far better than that.
:
#55 of 56 Old 07-11-2005, 10:39 AM

I don't care for LL AIOS or any AIOS for that matter But I LOVE the wool covers she makes they NEVER leak!
#56 of 56 Old 07-11-2005, 10:41 AM

I like the beginners to try alittle of everything NEVER buy one diaper(a whole stash of it) til you try it first When I first started out bought 1 dz FBS only to find out they didnt work for my DD

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page