tea tree oil and urine smell? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-12-2005, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
there is a faint urine smell on my FB even after they have been washed. (mostly on the inserts, and yes my pg nose is probably extra sensitive, but it bothers me nontheless )

i have heard tto can help with this, so i bought some, but now i'm not sure what to do with it. : anyone know???

p.s., i am rinsing them once, washing them once and rinsing them again (as part of the normal wash/rinse cycle), so i believe i am washing them correctly, i just need something to neutralize the odor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2005, 01:01 PM

What you're describing sounds like detergent build-up to me. It can happen even when you rinse religiously. My recommendation would be to strip your diapers.

If you want to use tea tree oil in your wash routine, add a few drops (it's potent stuff and I wouldn't use more than 5 or 6 drops) to your load. If you have a front loader, put it into your detergent dispencer. If you have a top loader, add it to the drum once it's filled with water.

All essential oils are anti bacterial and can help with odors. If the root of your problem is build-up though, they wont's solve the problem. They'll just act as a bandaid.
Old 06-12-2005, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter

my diapers are brand new and have only been washed like 2 times. maybe i am using too much detergent?? i will try and cut down on the deteregent and use to tto.

thanks!

User Tag List