i just gotta say it.... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 58 Old 06-27-2005, 04:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2orionplus1
Did I mention that my hands just fell off and now I can no longer hit F5?
Christine you are on FIRE, Woman!!! :LOL OMG!!! You're crackin' me a new crack!

Spark and her four firecrackers.
#32 of 58 Old 06-27-2005, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyriver
i'd like it better if people posted an "i'm-available-to-help" thread, and then people could PM them.
I think that would be ideal, too. I've done that before, but if people were like me... I'm really not that big of a hyena. I mean... I know the terms, but I don't always know when places are stocking. Like I didn't know about MudPie Babies. Just read about it on this thread. When is it? And, if it's at the right time, then "i'm-available-to-help."

Spark and her four firecrackers.
#33 of 58 Old 06-27-2005, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 425lisamarie
Maybe I'm missing something. People start disliking others because of this? Hmm, I dunno about that. This thread should get interesting. I think I'll stay out of it :LOL
if i thought it wouldn't stir up MORE controversy, i'd list for you very specific examples i, personally, can remember. and i'm sure there have been others i've missed. i'm not saying i have ever gotten upset over a post like that - i think my chances are the same if someone else has stalking help or not - but i have seen it happen here quite a few times.
#34 of 58 Old 06-27-2005, 04:50 PM

I've asked for help 2 or 3 times and I have tried several times to help people, too. Like a pp mentioned, it is all about community. I have seen threads get ugly over requests for help, over people thinking it is unfair that so and so got too many diapers at a stocking, people crying or bad mouthing, etc. It's really sad that people get worked up over such material items in a negative way but so be it. I like the idea of the coverless pf idea. Hey, that is my happy place so maybe I will sentence myself there. In any case, I also have my pet peeve subjects so I don't even open the thread.
#35 of 58 Old 06-27-2005, 05:11 PM

LMAO Kate! Very funny :LOL
#36 of 58 Old 06-27-2005, 05:13 PM

BTW, I dont mind them - I've asked for help (once or twice) and Ive offered help. Maybe b/c I dint have PP and want to have the thrill but not the bill or jsut to help a mama out.

I dont think a sticky or list woudl work b/c it varies everyday. I am home for a couple of hours today and can help someone but tomorrow I might not be YK?
#37 of 58 Old 06-27-2005, 05:20 PM

I've asked for help before, and I'm sure my posts sounded like sob stories when I was in the middle of major adoption depression. I've also had people attack me for getting things that I couldn't use yet. I've also hurt people's feelings getting things that we all wanted pretty equally. One situation in particular really hurt me so I sent the mama the item as a fairy gift to try to heal that wound.

But, after riding the entire rollercoaster, I'm off the stalking ride. So many things I love don't fit so now unless I know it will fit, I just stay away. Luckily now that I think we have sorted our nightime solution I think I'm mostly set with "needs". I just have to scoop up enough Paypal now for my few remaining outstanding customs for the fall.

Holli
#38 of 58 Old 06-27-2005, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 425lisamarie
I usually see at least one person helping every thread I've ever seen. I don't see the problem with it.

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#39 of 58 Old 06-27-2005, 05:30 PM

I haven't read all the posts to this but wanted to add my 2 cents worth. I don't mind seeing people ask for help to stalk.I think when others ask for help on this it just means that they have an addiction as bad as I do! :LOL I haven't been brave enough to ask for help.I think the people that help others score something that they have never had before and want to try for the first time is AWESOME! Whats wrong with wanting to share the CD love by helping out another fellow CDing momma? Yeah it gets asked of alot but I don't see the same people asking for the help who already got help from another stalking.Hats off to all you mommas that help others score when they might not have ever been able to try a certain item! Now I just have be brave enough to ask for help stalking too!
#40 of 58 Old 06-27-2005, 05:31 PM

Holli

I think I speak for a lot of mamas when I say there is a difference in your adoption story (and other situations) and the "Oh crap I really NEED that dipe because....I cant afford an extra leg for our new 3-legged dog" type posts (no offense to those who have a 3-legged dog).

Okay bad example but hopefully YKWIM
#41 of 58 Old 06-27-2005, 05:37 PM

I finally caved and now ask for help myself even though I used to swear I never would. What's a girl to do when she is up against the evil HC? Honestly to use today's stocking as an example , even though I got the soaker I wanted I don't think it was fair because I had more people trying for me then someone who just tries on their own. I didn't get the soaker myself and I do feel like I cheated in a way.

I think HC created this by letting people see what they want ahead of time and also knowing when it will be up for sale.I miss the days of stalking a site and having no idea what may be put up for sale.

I have voiced opinions about HC and this new way of stalking but always get flamed so I give up trying to fight it.HC is taking over and I am glad Brandon will be out of diapers soon because it isn't so fun this way. I am all for a rage against the HC campaign but I think there would only be about three of us on board for that :
#42 of 58 Old 06-27-2005, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSugarKane
I think HC created this by letting people see what they want ahead of time and also knowing when it will be up for sale.I miss the days of stalking a site and having no idea what may be put up for sale.

I have voiced opinions about HC and this new way of stalking but always get flamed so I give up trying to fight it.HC is taking over and I am glad Brandon will be out of diapers soon because it isn't so fun this way. I am all for a rage against the HC campaign but I think there would only be about three of us on board for that :
I agree Jamie I love random stockings But I know the reason HC was created (or at least one reason) was because people complained about wasting a whole day at the computer trying to score something. I never really understood that complaint. If you gotta get off the computer...go! If you miss the item...better luck next time. I really like Karen's newest idea with the 10 minute lotto. Everybody gets a chance, and you don't have to sit at your computer widly clicking f5 just to walk away empty-handed, feeling like you've failed the hyena test or something. I miss the days of competing with you for RB The good ol' days You never knew what ou were going to see and it was so exciting.
#43 of 58 Old 06-27-2005, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2orionplus1
My poor three legged dog needs a prostetic leg and my baby only has three CDs to her name. I try and wash as much as possible but I just can't as fast as she pees. Sometimes I have to CD her w/the Sunday news. Is that wrong? I usually pic the comics so she can entertain herself by reading them. Oh wait, babies can't read. Just add that to my list of terrible things that keep happening in my life. Not to mention that my husband has been laid off three times in the past month and our house is about to be repossessed. Oh no, now the cat is throwing up everywhere. I think I will feel so much better if I could score a custom slot at Mudpie Babies. My little girl looked at me and even said her first word today. . "Mudpie". See, that is a sign.

Whatever do you mean by sob stories?

:LOL The saddest part of this is that sometimes (if I am behind in the wash) my dh will actually threaten to diaper the babies in the newspaper with duct tape...

I nearly spit my pepsi all over myself when I read that!
#44 of 58 Old 06-27-2005, 05:56 PM

I guess I'm not sure what people mean by the "3-legged-dog-type" stories. All the stories I've read have been people who genuinely seem like they could use some comfort fluff.

I've also seen situations where the person really did seem to NEED the particular diaper. I've seen people who have tried all kinds of different easily-attainable diapers and couldn't find something that worked for their baby. Sometimes a particular hyena diaper is the only diaper they've found so far that works for their baby (I'm willing to give people the benefit of the doubt that that really is the case for them. I know that there are babies with certain body shapes that are really hard to find a good-fitting diaper for, and babies who are super-soakers, etc). After all, there's a reason that hyena diapers are so popular. They seem to work for all kinds of different babies, including those babies for whom many easily-attainable diapers don't work.

-Alice, SAHM to dd (2001) and ds (2004) each of whom was a homebirth.jpg, who each self-weaned at 4.5 years bfolderchild.gif, who both fambedsingle2.gif'd, who were bothcd.gif, and both: novaxnocirc.gif.   Also, gd.gif, and goorganic.jpg!

#45 of 58 Old 06-27-2005, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacey0402
I agree Jamie I love random stockings But I know the reason HC was created (or at least one reason) was because people complained about wasting a whole day at the computer trying to score something. I never really understood that complaint. If you gotta get off the computer...go! If you miss the item...better luck next time. I really like Karen's newest idea with the 10 minute lotto. Everybody gets a chance, and you don't have to sit at your computer widly clicking f5 just to walk away empty-handed, feeling like you've failed the hyena test or something. I miss the days of competing with you for RB The good ol' days You never knew what ou were going to see and it was so exciting.
I actually liked sitting around all day on the computer.It made me feel I was actually acomplishing something for the day :LOL

I miss those rb stockings too. It was always you and me walking away with the whole store :
#46 of 58 Old 06-27-2005, 06:10 PM

I like hyena cart. :

I like knowing what's going to be stocked. I like knowing when it's going to be stocked.

I hate random stockings. I hate investing time at the keyboard hitting refresh refresh refresh only to find out that either there isn't anything that I want, or it's all sold out by the time my page refreshes.

With hyena cart, if something is sold out by the time I hit refresh, at least I only lost a minute of my day.

-Alice, SAHM to dd (2001) and ds (2004) each of whom was a homebirth.jpg, who each self-weaned at 4.5 years bfolderchild.gif, who both fambedsingle2.gif'd, who were bothcd.gif, and both: novaxnocirc.gif.   Also, gd.gif, and goorganic.jpg!

#47 of 58 Old 06-27-2005, 06:11 PM

I think the only issue I have with the "help wanted" posts is that it encourages even more people to be online trying to get things and hence crashing the site. If only the people who truly wanted something were sitting there refreshing, maybe we wouldn't get so many "CGI" errors. And what if, like to today were there were 3 MP custom slots available, the same person actually ended up getting two slots through virtue of stalking help? What do you do with the extra?
#48 of 58 Old 06-27-2005, 06:15 PM

I don't mind people asking for stalking help. I royally suck at the HC and the only way I have scored anything in the past 9 months is because of help from other sweet mamas.

As for the HC, I don't like it. I never have. I would probably love it if I could score with it, but I never do. I have more luck with traditional stockings and random HC stockings.
#49 of 58 Old 06-27-2005, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sustainer
I guess I'm not sure what people mean by the "3-legged-dog-type" stories. All the stories I've read have been people who genuinely seem like they could use some comfort fluff.

I've also seen situations where the person really did seem to NEED the particular diaper. I've seen people who have tried all kinds of different easily-attainable diapers and couldn't find something that worked for their baby. Sometimes a particular hyena diaper is the only diaper they've found so far that works for their baby (I'm willing to give people the benefit of the doubt that that really is the case for them. I know that there are babies with certain body shapes that are really hard to find a good-fitting diaper for, and babies who are super-soakers, etc). After all, there's a reason that hyena diapers are so popular. They seem to work for all kinds of different babies, including those babies for whom many easily-attainable diapers don't work.
I can't believe I would ever disagree with you Alice, but today is the day :LOL

I don't really buy the "oh, FCB is the ONLY thing that works for my baby!" thing. I can make a receiving blanket work. Or a prefolds. FCB (or whatever hyena diaper of the day is) may fit awesome and work well but I can certainly CD without it. And I am sure that out of all the other diapers out there, something will work just as well. I buy fancy diapers because I want to, certainly not because I have to. Fussybutts fit Kai like a glove but I can live and CD without them. Every single MM soaker fits like it was knit around Kai but I can certainly continue on without them. (not that I want to but I could).

Hyena diapers are popular for a reason but they are also popular because of hype and that weird status symbol of having it. I speak this as a hyena, too

Mom to 4! Welcomed Aila Wren on Friday, February 25th!
#50 of 58 Old 06-27-2005, 06:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark
Yeah,that is sooooooo not cool! Sometimes I think we should be able to sentence people to coverless PF island until they learn to love PFs for their simplicity, beauty and function. ONLY THEN can they come back and play hyena.
I think I just *died* laughing!!!! I nearly woke up the sleeping baby on my lap! :LOL :LOL :LOL

ETA: about the subject at hand.

I have no problems with people asking for help or helping others. In fact, should any of you need help scoring, feel free to PM. I have high speed DSL and a quick mouse clicking finger. Heh. I agree with the previous posts saying it's all about community and we should help eachother.

I don't really feel the need to read a sob story, however. Although I've not encountered this, I think it's kind of OT to mention your life's problems in a diapering forum. And I agree with Spatulagirl, you technically can diaper with *anything* I, too, have made a recieving blanket work while I was washing diapers!

And I love Hyena Cart. I don't like random stockings or stockings so crazy they crash a website. It's too frusterating! With HC, I always get what I want and if I don't, well then, I've only wasted a few minutes.
#51 of 58 Old 06-27-2005, 06:37 PM

No flames from here.
I love love love fluff, but will never understand the "Need" to have any one item that I have to entirely detour my and my childrens lives, let alone detour others lives to get it too. Its fluff ya know, made of fabric, grown in dirt, fertilized with mushroom manour, sewn/made with overworked hands.

MB, mama to three, soulmate to one, pioneering cloth to many since 2002!
#52 of 58 Old 06-27-2005, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spatulagirl
I can make a receiving blanket work. Or a prefolds.
I think it's great that you can get anything to work as a diaper for your baby, including receiving blankets. However, that isn't the case for everyone. Some mothers have a hard time finding diapers that work for their baby.

Quote:
I am sure that out of all the other diapers out there, something will work just as well.
It may be true that there is an attainable diaper somewhere out there that will work for xyzmother's baby. However, there are SO many diapers out there that perhaps she hasn't found it yet. If she has a budget like mine, it will take her a long time to try all the diapers out there. I'm sure, for her own convenience, she is still trying to find a more attainable diaper that will work for her baby, but in the mean time, she needs a stash of diapers, and if she knows that abchyena diaper works for her baby, she's definitely going to be desperate to obtain as many of them as she can.

Quote:
Hyena diapers are popular for a reason but they are also popular because of hype and that weird status symbol of having it.
Someone may buy one hyena diaper because of the hype, wanting to see what the fuss is about, what makes it such a great diaper. But what keeps people coming back for more is how well it works for their baby. If it doesn't work for their baby chances are they will pass on the one they have and not buy any more.

#53 of 58 Old 06-28-2005, 12:13 AM

I, like a lot of you, SUCK at HC! LOL

I have asked for help because I don't "know" many of you. Some I know from other diaper boards.. but that is only like 2 of all those that have posted so far. I asked for help because I needed it! I didn't NEED the diaper, but help with HC! LOL Like I said, I SUCK at HC!

Thank you to those that have helped me score! and to ya! I appreciate it!
#54 of 58 Old 06-28-2005, 02:16 AM

I have no problem with neutral "help me stalk" threads, but I need ALL the HC practice I can get! :LOL I am turned off by sob story threads, but I don't dwell on them, just ignore them and move on. As for HC itself, I don't like it, but since there are some great WAHM's there, I still shop it. (I don't actually get to BUY anything, but I still shop. : )
#55 of 58 Old 06-28-2005, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennisee
(I don't actually get to BUY anything, but I still shop. : )
Ain't that the truth. :
#56 of 58 Old 06-28-2005, 11:43 PM

I second this.
#57 of 58 Old 06-28-2005, 11:44 PM

I'm like that. I'm c urrently broke so I feel left out if I don't stalk from time to time; it's fun!
#58 of 58 Old 06-29-2005, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imgr8ful
i'm still kinda new here and while i consider everyone a diapering 'friend' i don't think i know anyone well enough to pm and ask for help - to me, it's all about the community, sharing, and helping each other out
:
Ive never been fortunate enough to get help and I don't know many folks well enough to even find the guts to ask...I think Im over-humble. But it gives me warm fuzzies inside to see others being selfless enough to help each other out....community and especially family-like communities just plain rockespecially when they share and pass the fluffylove around. That said, sometimes I feel when I see the same people scoring ALL THE TIME and then asking for help.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page