strip your prefolds? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 07-06-2005, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just saw someone mention how they had to strip thier prefolds and was wondering why and how to do this?
Thanks!
~Melissa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 07-06-2005, 12:59 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If you have detergent buildup that's cauding the pfs to stink or lower their absorbancy, you would strip them Basically, it's washing in VERY HOT water (or in the case of pfs, you could boil them) w/ out any detergent until your rinse water has NO bubbles in it.

Jenn<>< crunchy conservative mama to 6 fencing.gif reading.gif notes2.gif fly-by-nursing2.gif

knit.gifand sewmachine.gif my way through my stash.

#3 of 3 Old 07-07-2005, 08:04 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
: And to just add: we didnt' know we had buildup until dd got a red, raw burn-like rash. We had no absorbency or smell issues. She just got all rashy and red and 2 hours, and several diapers, later she looked burned. Obviously it wasn't from sitting in her own pee since we'd been through like 5 diapers in 2 hours. So we figured it was buildup and started hot washes with no detergent and saw major suds. Kept going(nakey time!!!!) with the hot washes until no suds in wash water and then dried on hot and we've been rash-free ever since!

Meg

treehugger.gifjog.gifgreenthumb.gifknit.gifnamaste.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page