Entire stash for low income mamas... - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 77 Old 07-08-2005, 02:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBee
For parents who were local.....we could give a free class! Babywearing and cloth diapering!

I am like a little kid in a candy store right now.......YIPPY!!!
LMAO you are too funny
#62 of 77 Old 07-08-2005, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macncheezex3
LMAO you are too funny

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#63 of 77 Old 07-08-2005, 03:00 PM

Hey, Im curious - are you funding these *try it boxes* all on your own or are you going to get a sponser or something to help you out? I want to do something just like this here to raise awareness, but really cannot afford to buy other ppl diapers when I sew my own LOL The classes Im sure would be no problem as they wouldn't need any startup
#64 of 77 Old 07-08-2005, 03:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Hey, Im curious - are you funding these *try it boxes* all on your own or are you going to get a sponser or something to help you out? I want to do something just like this here to raise awareness, but really cannot afford to buy other ppl diapers when I sew my own LOL The classes Im sure would be no problem as they wouldn't need any startup
Not fully sure yet

I started by gathering FFS and cheaper good quality stuff of of the TP and Ebay. Plus I had been blessed with many wonderful items from mamas during a time of need.....some of which I plan on blessing another family with now.

I would like to maybe set up a website or something to gather donations.....but I do not really know how to set it up yet.

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#65 of 77 Old 07-08-2005, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Not fully sure yet
I would like to maybe set up a website or something to gather donations.....but I do not really know how to set it up yet.
LMAO I just PMed you about this very thing! :LOL :LOL :LOL

You might consider asking a church in your area to help, even if its just providing you a room for the classes you want to do - or maybe a cloth diaper service in your area? Ask the local thrift shops to be on the lookout for you and give you a call when things come in.
#66 of 77 Old 07-08-2005, 04:17 PM - Thread Starter

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=311692

Check out this thread....I just figured out what I spent on sposies for my first two!!! :Puke

#67 of 77 Old 07-08-2005, 04:34 PM

#68 of 77 Old 07-08-2005, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
That is a great link too!

#69 of 77 Old 07-08-2005, 11:16 PM

What about including a sheet on how to care for cloth diapers? If I hadn't researched obsessively, I would have thought you add MORE detergent--you know, they're "dirtier" than regular laundry so MORE soap will get them clean. So people could get really frustrated and waste money.

And maybe print out some of the great pictures/directions on how to fold prefolds--again, something you wouldn't find without internet access or compulsive research.

I apologize if I'm repeating something--I tried to read the thread but did it in sections between DD dancing for me.
#70 of 77 Old 07-08-2005, 11:23 PM - Thread Starter

Cute.....a little dancer!

I own a dance academy....

#71 of 77 Old 07-08-2005, 11:52 PM

Quote:
What kind of thread do you use? What kind of stitch? : See....I am a sewing newbie!!!
I think a polyester type thread is best so it doesn't wick. As for the type of stitch...I don't have a clue. I just did some straight stitches...I think. Then I got bored and thought it would be quicker if I did like an over the top type stitch...don't even know if it has a name. I just threw it together to see how it would look to see if it would be cute or not...and it IS. If you have a sewing machine, it would probably be super easy. I imagine that a straight stitch would do the job.
#72 of 77 Old 07-08-2005, 11:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomom
I think a polyester type thread is best so it doesn't wick. As for the type of stitch...I don't have a clue. I just did some straight stitches...I think. Then I got bored and thought it would be quicker if I did like an over the top type stitch...don't even know if it has a name. I just threw it together to see how it would look to see if it would be cute or not...and it IS. If you have a sewing machine, it would probably be super easy. I imagine that a straight stitch would do the job.
I am borrowing a sewing machine right now.....I think I will try it!

#73 of 77 Old 07-08-2005, 11:57 PM

#74 of 77 Old 07-09-2005, 02:41 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Registered...thanks!

#75 of 77 Old 07-09-2005, 11:04 AM

I would go with 2 dozen prefolds OR 4 dozen flats, 6 prorap seconds, 6 preemie prefolds (to use as inexpensive doublers - that would help with the nighttime diapering - it is what I use to double a dipe at night for my toddler.) 2 snappis, and 2 sets of pins. You can add in a pack or two of inexpensive washclothes for wipes. This is what I started out with.

That is all you really need. If the parent doesn't want to pin or snappi, then they can just fold and lay in a wrap.
#76 of 77 Old 07-09-2005, 04:29 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you all for your advice!!!

#77 of 77 Old 07-10-2005, 03:09 PM - Thread Starter

How exactly do you work a trade in situation? Any ideas?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page