Exciting an New: Tester, New WAHM, New style! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 129 Old 07-09-2005, 12:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey Claire I think I owe you $2 Of course I didn't even end up ordering for ...I ordered for a friend of mine so I won't even get to see or pet the dipey and now I went and sepnt all my diaper money until September @ PWP

I have to say Lisa is AWESOME to work with!!! I needed an embroidery design of a crab for this friend of mine and she went and found 6 different designs to add to her glaaery! She rocks!!!

jen: caring auntie to a bunch of little (and some not so little anymore) wild things. Teacher to my whackadoodle 3s (and sometimes infants)
#62 of 129 Old 07-09-2005, 12:25 PM

Location: the beautiful mountains of sunny Southern California
Well, I did it I ordered probably more than I should have but fewer than I wanted to:

- 3 organic velour nighttime fitteds with hand-dyed outers and decorative topstitching
- 3 organic velour fitteds (TRIM fit) with hand-dyed outers and decorative topstitching

After I placed my order I started kicking myself about not ordering embroidery, so I e-mailed Lisa right away and asked if I can add it. I'm going to add frog pjs, penguin pjs, and duck pjs to the nighttime diapers and swirly bee, swirly dragonfly, and swirly ladybug to the trim cut fitteds.
#63 of 129 Old 07-09-2005, 12:27 PM

You will have to let us know what you think of the OV nighttime dipes! I really really want to try those! Love your embroidery choices!

jen: caring auntie to a bunch of little (and some not so little anymore) wild things. Teacher to my whackadoodle 3s (and sometimes infants)
#64 of 129 Old 07-09-2005, 01:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomInFlux
Clarie - I think I'm going to think of you as a hyena in sheep's clothing. Stealthy, but dangerous, YK? Or maybe as a hyena enabler... :LOL
:LOL Hmmm, that's probably a pretty good assessment!!! And, I was forgetting about my newborn stash. That's a pretty wide overkill I have going there already.

Ooh, everyone that's ordering... YUM! They sound sooooooo cool! Wow! I love the PJ embroidery for night time dipes! GREAT idea! And, the custom found crab! How cool! I had crabs once but I just didnt like them all that well or at least not well enough to get diapers embroidered with their images. What's her fascination with crabs?

Spark and her four firecrackers.
#65 of 129 Old 07-09-2005, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark
I had crabs once but I just didnt like them all that well
I should really edit this to make it clear that they were pet crabs and not... low lying crabs if you know what I mean... but uh, it's more fun leaving you all guessing!!! :LOL

#66 of 129 Old 07-09-2005, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflymom
: Ooooooooh what embroideries did you choose?
I got play pink with overlapping hearts, light blue with celestial and medium blue with another celestial.

Can you PM me the pics of the trim fit on the Buggle?

Mom to 4! Welcomed Aila Wren on Friday, February 25th!
#67 of 129 Old 07-09-2005, 02:23 PM

Quote:
I should really edit this to make it clear that they were pet crabs and not... low lying crabs if you know what I mean... but uh, it's more fun leaving you all guessing!!! :LOL

:
You are hilarious.

Kate, PM on it's way....
#68 of 129 Old 07-09-2005, 02:30 PM

Quote:
:

It's not her fascination with crabs...we did an exchange that was themed "Where you live" so we had to find things that were special to your area to send...I live in MD and the Chesapeake Bay Blue Crab is about all we are known for so I got her an AI2 with that embroiderd on it

ETA - I'd love a pm wiht the Buggle in his trim dipes too if you don't mind

#69 of 129 Old 07-09-2005, 02:40 PM

Wow!!! That is one trim diaper!!! It fits him like underwear!!! Love the Celtic Cross embroidery!

#70 of 129 Old 07-09-2005, 02:48 PM

Doesn't it????!!!! I've tried different WAHM diapers on the buggle for two years and this is definatly tied for 1st place for dreamy-fit with my medium new-style OV front-snapping elbees. I'm so glad to have a stash made up of 50/50 Precious Coverings side snap fitteds and El bee front snap fitteds! A total dream!!! Now if she would start doing cool embroidered wool T&T covers in the same style.... I can't wait for that (coming soon, Lisa????)!!!!
#71 of 129 Old 07-09-2005, 02:53 PM

Okay, add me to the list, I must see the picture of this amazing diaper.

Quote:
Or maybe as a hyena enabler...
Yes - that is exactly it, egging all the rest of us on

Thus far I have avoided visiting the site again, and am remaining strong and true to my word. I wonder if DH knows just how good a wifey I really am? The real question....how long can I hold out (or can i get myself to relist all my maternity stuff on the TP and make some paypal).

Jeanette
#72 of 129 Old 07-09-2005, 03:14 PM

PM for you, Jeanette. Are you impressed or what??? :
#73 of 129 Old 07-09-2005, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflymom
Doesn't it????!!!! I've tried different WAHM diapers on the buggle for two years and this is definatly tied for 1st place for dreamy-fit with my medium new-style OV front-snapping elbees. I'm so glad to have a stash made up of 50/50 Precious Coverings side snap fitteds and El bee front snap fitteds! A total dream!!! Now if she would start doing cool embroidered wool T&T covers in the same style.... I can't wait for that (coming soon, Lisa????)!!!!

Man I would love to have that many PC diapers (heck I'd settle for 1 of my own right now) She is going to be first on my list for when I can get off the wagon again in September

And yeah if she made embroidered T&T covers like that I think I would sell my beloved FCB AIO stash to fund them!!! (But don't start pm'ing me yet people!!! This is hypothetical!!!)

#74 of 129 Old 07-09-2005, 05:03 PM

Angelica,
Okay - that is impressive. Now I'm supposed to resist wanting to buy an AIO AND a fitted. How cruel are you?

Spark - no, we don't know what we're having yet. Having never custom ordered before, could I place my order and get it in teh queue - then choose fabrics/colours when I find out what I've got in here?

Jeanette
#75 of 129 Old 07-09-2005, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanetteL
Angelica,
Okay - that is impressive. Now I'm supposed to resist wanting to buy an AIO AND a fitted. How cruel are you?
#76 of 129 Old 07-09-2005, 06:19 PM

Okay,
I knew that I should never sat here and read the entire post because now I've gone and ordered a custom OV fitted hand-dyed with an embroidered flag ribbon.

BTW Angelica, could you PM the pics too? Thanks!
#77 of 129 Old 07-09-2005, 08:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanetteL
Spark - no, we don't know what we're having yet. Having never custom ordered before, could I place my order and get it in teh queue - then choose fabrics/colours when I find out what I've got in here?

I don't see why you couldn't... but it seems like you'd better hurry up and do that before she closes up. Seriuosly... so many people seem like they've ordered. It's only a matter of time before she closes customs.

navygirl-- oooh! nice choices!!!

Kate -- YUM!!! Wonderful! I love that overlapping heart design!

#78 of 129 Old 07-09-2005, 09:40 PM

She's closing for 2 weeks in September Claire. Hopefully though that will be enough to get her to stay open for a while longer

#79 of 129 Old 07-09-2005, 11:58 PM

PM for you, Jen (Navygirl) and Kewpie.

Post here your awe and inspiration, of course. :LOL
#80 of 129 Old 07-10-2005, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Seriuosly... so many people seem like they've ordered. It's only a matter of time before she closes customs.
Yup ...just cus she has to close her store in two months (probably has a trip planned or some such thing where she won't be able to sew), doesn't mean she will be staying open for customs once she has more orders than she can fill during the remainder of the summer. :LOL That just wouldn't be good planning!

All thee on the fence, best get your orders in now!
#81 of 129 Old 07-10-2005, 12:07 AM

Angelica, Thanks again for the pics! I'm so impressed! I never would have thought that a diaper could fit like that!

Thanks Claire! I can't wait to see it! I'm hoping that it's as great as I'm think it will be!
#82 of 129 Old 07-10-2005, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by navygirl
I'm so impressed! I never would have thought that a diaper could fit like that!
I know!!! We were shocked and mesmerized when we first tried it on him, and promptly increased our order. :LOL
#83 of 129 Old 07-10-2005, 12:42 AM

Yummy! I need to get some paypal for that wool cover!
#84 of 129 Old 07-10-2005, 11:49 AM

http://www.preciouscoverings.com/shop/ <---------check out the picture of the five fitteds on the storefront page--those are mine!

And, I hear she's getting her wool in SOON, and will be making embroidered side snapping T&T covers, too!!! Oh I'm so drooling at the thought of a bunch of PC OV fitted & wool cover sets with complimenting or matching embroideries.....
#85 of 129 Old 07-10-2005, 11:59 AM

Angelica, I was totally impressed with the fit I am now even more excited about my order. I am not looking for more fitteds but as I said looove embroidered organic AIOs! Oh and hopefully the nighttime fitted will rock too.

Mom to 4! Welcomed Aila Wren on Friday, February 25th!
#86 of 129 Old 07-10-2005, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spatulagirl
I said looove embroidered organic AIOs!.
Me, too!!! I have 12 OV true AIOs from bottombumpers and VK and I must say I am so looking forward to adding some embroidered Precious Coverings ones to our little AIO stash for the in-laws/DH and outings. Plus, some of her larger embroideries are so lovely and ornate that they really belong on an AIO, not on a fitted.... I'm going with 20 dollar embroidery choices for AIOs and 5-13 dollar embroideries on fitteds for my order, as I prefer smaller little touches on the fronts of fitteds and big splashy stitch-heavy embroideries on the backs of AIOs.... ....
#87 of 129 Old 07-10-2005, 02:26 PM

I was at PC checking out Angelica's diapers again. Now that I know whose they are I wanted to take a really close look and noticed that her turn around time is now 5-7 weeks for customs! I'm glad that I got my order in when I did, even though, I'm probably closer to the 5 week mark!
#88 of 129 Old 07-11-2005, 04:49 AM

Ok, I'm so glad I didn't post the pictures of my son in his PC diaper and have instead been PMing the link to mommies I know & trust here on the diapering forum.... I just had a 'brand new user' with 0 posts PM me wanting to see.... If you create a username JUST to ask me to see pictuers of my son in a diaper...?
#89 of 129 Old 07-11-2005, 04:52 AM

#90 of 129 Old 07-11-2005, 06:57 AM

i just couldn't resist. i got 4 t&t ov night diapers and 4 ov handyed t&t fitteds

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page