Exciting an New: Tester, New WAHM, New style! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-07-2005, 09:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, so usually I get no fluffymail. Like literally none and then... this week happens! I have been rolling in exciting and new fluff and just soooo have to share! I really really really can not NOT!

Exciting and New!

NEW WAHM: Behold, the first package a brand new WAHM Precious Coverings... WOW! She is amazing! Butterflymom managed to fairy me with this AIO that I was actually tempted to buy like 100 times since the diaper hunt!!! It was like receiving an ounce of crack cocaine in the mail. I am soooo addicted!!! Her prices are unbeatable for the quality and the options she offers! Plus... the embroidery is ADORABLE!!! Not just on mine, but in her gallery as well! But, please don't go buy her out of customs, because I WANT MORE!!! Just have to save up some PP. I'm soooo going to be beating down her door!!!! www.preciouscoverings.com

TESTER: Naturekins is just unsurpassed quality. Barbara is unbeatable when it comes to dyed wooly goodies!!! This is a tester for her new pull on diaper cover! Oh! I can NOT rave enough about the design! It's perfect fit and great for wriggly toddlers that are easier to slip into something stretchy than to try to snap and velcro into something! From a mama whose babe knows how to undo diapers and covers... this pull on is a heavenly! It's beautiful and SO functional! www.naturekins.com

NEW STYLE: The Calico Baby is known for her huge array of glorious fabrics, quality craftmomship and excellent customer service. Laura proved it again when I must have earned "The Most Annoying Customer" award as I badgered her into doing something different for my fitted. First of all I wanted velour/velour and then I wanted T&T... and she gave me both!!! The result is an amazingly soft and thirsty fitted in chocolate brown velour outer and pale pink velour inner. www.thecalicobaby.com

Thank you for listening to me babble! I don't think ANYONE in real life would!!!

Spark and her four firecrackers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2005, 09:51 PM

Wow, everything is gorgeous, I keep going through the pictures over and over. Lucky babe!
Old 07-07-2005, 09:56 PM

Awesome fluff!!!!

What size is the Precious Coverings AIO?
Old 07-07-2005, 09:59 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks guys! It has been such a fluffy week!!!

The PC AIO is a size medium AI2 (quick dry with sewn in contour) with a short rise.

The Calico Baby is a size small.

Old 07-07-2005, 09:59 PM

Holy cow! That stuff is all awsome! I LOVE the chocolate and pink OV!
Old 07-07-2005, 10:03 PM

Great fluff! I can't wait to get my OV fitteds from Precious Coverings. She's been so great to work with. I just hope she doesn't get totally swamped with orders before I can scrape up some more paypal!
Old 07-07-2005, 10:03 PM

Noooo PC is my secret WAHM!! The cat is out now, and all the hyenas are going to attack! LOL JK, I have two newborn AI2's coming from PC that should be here any day!

Calico baby AIO's are now my number 1 favorite aio's. lol I LOVE 'em!!
Old 07-07-2005, 10:11 PM - Thread Starter

I know PC is Butterflymom's secret WAHM, too!!! :LOL Man! She's just AMAZING!!! Seriously... she's too good to stay a secret! She has GOT to get the credit she deserves! I firmly believe if you try her, you'll love her!

Mmmm, and the Calico. Soooo soft! And, the NAturekins... such a work of wearable art!

SIDENOTE: Do you think my pics are protected enough?

Old 07-07-2005, 10:13 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Oooooooh!!! I emailed the mama at Calico baby about doing some fitteds T&T, like her AIOs. (I love all her fabrics and like serged dipes, but I don't like how the amount of elastic across the top!) You answered my question since she hasn't gotten back to me yet!

Gorgeous fluff!

ETA - I've got 2 hand dyed OV emboridered fitteds coming from PC, can't wait!
Old 07-07-2005, 10:35 PM - Thread Starter

Jana, the sign at her shop says that she's out of town til the 18th. So, that's probably why you haven't heard back from her. She is a "spot on" customer service wahm, I wouldn't be surprised if she still hasn't unpacked when she's answering her CS e-mails!

Old 07-07-2005, 10:38 PM

AGGGGHHHHH....why did I look? Why did I look?

I don't do well with choices - say if a mama was going to break her self-imposed diaper buying ban to try a custom PC - what on earth should she choose? Where should she start? I find buying on the TP so easy cause you just get what you get - but all those choices - I have no idea.........

Jeanette

Edited to add: my dh just read over my shoulder and wanted to remind me that my diaper buying ban is not exacly self-imposed...., there may be a tiny bit of external pressure involved.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:47 PM - Thread Starter

So, Jeanette, just don't get your item embroidered! I think that's a GREAT way to compromise... um... and wait till he goes to bed!!! :LOL

Let's just go cheap since you're trying it out. If you want an AIO go:
- AI2 (for QD) or AIO (for internal soaker)
- Go with a GN PUL so that if you hate it (which I would then call you a freak of nature) you could resell it easily. How about Aqua?
- No fleece (we're keeping your cost low here)
- Side Snaps (seems to be the most popular so it will resell well again if you hate it)
- Internal soaker Sherpa
- Lime Velour inner (free and would look great with Aqua and remain GN)
- Hemp Contour for absorbency
- Soaker Sew in Back (for easiness)
- Top soaker with Lime velour (free)

The total is $13.99 for NB, $14.99 for S, $15.99 for M, $16.99 for L, $17.99 for XL.

There. How easy was that?
LMK if you want a fitted instead. And, you know there's always the option of just e-mailng her and saying that there are too many choices. You want a XYZ for a girl/boy with bold/pale colors. Surprise me!

Old 07-07-2005, 10:49 PM

Wow!!! Those look great!! I Have been wanting to try some Precious Coverings stuff and you just convinced me!

jen: caring auntie to a bunch of little (and some not so little anymore) wild things. Teacher to my whackadoodle 3s (and sometimes infants)
Old 07-07-2005, 10:55 PM - Thread Starter

YES!!! Jen! You sooo won't be sorry!!! Oh... and, whoever buys something from her in the next day or so... I think you all should pay me commission for helping convince you to buy something you'll LOVE!!! (hmmm, do you think $2 per person can get me another addictive AIO????)*

*Totally kidding!!!

Old 07-07-2005, 11:00 PM

:LOL

jen: caring auntie to a bunch of little (and some not so little anymore) wild things. Teacher to my whackadoodle 3s (and sometimes infants)
Old 07-07-2005, 11:01 PM

Ohhh, I love the choc/pink velour diaper. I love them all, but I'm hormonal today and chocolate anything sounds
Old 07-07-2005, 11:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacey0402
Ohhh, I love the choc/pink velour diaper. I love them all, but I'm hormonal today and chocolate anything sounds
:LOL HA! That's tooo funny!!! Get yourself some chocolate STAT!

So, jenaniah let me know if you need my PP addy! :LOL

Old 07-07-2005, 11:14 PM

Those all look great!
Old 07-07-2005, 11:17 PM

You've gotten me very excited for my Precious Coverings fitteds coming... I ordered the organic velour night time fitteds -- and I got them embroidered!! Overlapping hearts on DD's (size medium) side-snap OV night time fitted -- with decorative T&T... Duck PJ's on DS's (size large) side-snap OV night time fitted, also with the decorative T&T... It was an expensive order, but I'm hoping it was worth every penny... Glad to hear you are happy with yours -- I can't wait to get mine now!!!

Oh, and I won the drawing for the free custom wipes and wetbag for June!! Very excited!!

Love my Calico Baby diapers, too... Got my size large ultimate AIO the other day -- DS is moving up to larges, and DD is moving up to mediums... trying to sell my oh so cute size small Calico Baby... will miss it, though...
Old 07-07-2005, 11:20 PM

Just emailed her with a question...as soon as I hear back I'll need it Claire

Old 07-07-2005, 11:20 PM

*Adding to my favorites list*

Those are great, Claire!!

, , , mama to Ross , Reagan (8/29/05), Joshua (from Haiti...here NOW due to the earthquake!), and Elijah , born safely 9-8-09.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:42 PM - Thread Starter

Meri -- You are sooo going to love them!!! I've seen some pics of her fitteds tried on and AMAZING!!! And, OV... YUM!!! Totally cool that you won the drawing!!! That's cool! And, yes, yes, yes, Calico Baby AIOs are great! I love that you can pop a PF into them!

:LOL Jen, you're cracking me up!

HDM -- Thanks! REALLY, they deserve to be on everyone's favorite list. I love love love them all!

Old 07-07-2005, 11:46 PM

That is some seriously gorgeous fluff mama! The chocolate and pink CB is gorgeous...makes me think of chocolate and strawberries! I'm intrigued by the naturekins....sounds just loverly! Can we get a pic of the front, and maybe one by itself w/ no baby in it?! Do you think it would hold up to nighttime?!

Jesse, wife to DH , mama to DD 13, DS 11, DS 8, DD 6, DS 3 & bean EDD 12/18/13
Old 07-08-2005, 12:28 AM

OMG!! I love all the emb. options she has. Oh I so want to order some of her organic fitted custom slots with emb. on them but I can't make up my mind what I want on them and I promised DH I wouldn't buy any more diapers for a while. but i could always say the are for DS birthday. I can always find a loop hole to that promise. LOL
Off to try and make up my mind on a few designs.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:36 AM - Thread Starter

jloveetc - I can take unworn pics no problem! I didn't manage to get ANY front on shots though! Shoot! You know, toddlers, they don't always cooperate! :LOL I think I have a side profile. Also, the cover is REVERSIBLE! Totally cool! I don't know if it would go the nighttime distance, but Barbara is SO wonderful to work with, I bet she could easily work something out that would.

Corey -- Just remember... that will be $2 and then you owe me a petal dress from me pointing you to the petal dress pattern. Man, I'm just racking it up with you!!! :LOL

Ok, so I'm really afraid someone will think I'm serious!!! Really, I'm just teasing. I point people to these yummy yummy WAHMs not for the $2 PP!!! :LOL

Old 07-08-2005, 03:17 AM

Thanks Claire

I have been sitting on the fence over whether or not I should order some AIOs with her and that just pushed me over. I do not need any fitteds (OK, I don't need any AIOs either but I am trying to make all my AIOs organic) but embroidered AIOs... who can resist?

Mom to 4! Welcomed Aila Wren on Friday, February 25th!
Old 07-08-2005, 03:42 AM

This is the first AIO that has made me consider cheating on my daisy doodles. :LOL
Old 07-08-2005, 04:15 AM

Well, I think I'm just about the only one around here who doesn't get excited over AIO's :LOL, but I actually gasped out loud over that chocolate/pink all-velour fitted. Oh, be still my beating heart! And that Naturekins cover is awesome!!! I have a custom slot from her this fall, and I love seeing everyone else's stuff and getting ideas.

Awesome fluff, Claire!!!!!
Old 07-08-2005, 05:25 AM

Oh man the cat really IS out of the bag! : I wanted to wait until she was done with the 40 diapers I custom ordered before you sent all the hyenas swarming at her door, Claire!!! :LOL (Totally just kidding--Lisa deserves any and all attention, and ASAP! She rules)
I would have been shouting from the rooftops earlier, but I wanted to wait until at least the first installment of my mega-custom arrived so I could post some really yummy pictures of all the embroidered goodies, and so far all I've had was a beyond-amazing tester. :LOL
Ok, you guys, go swarm her.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:17 AM

OMG!!! Did you really order 40 diapers??!!! She'll NEVER get to the two I ordered!! :LOL

Really wondering if I should go ahead and order those two diapers on the first post of my itemized wishlist... before she's not taking orders anymore!!!

User Tag List