Big time whine.. cry with me :( - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 57 Old 07-10-2005, 09:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If you have resent purchases and if you paid with PP.You can pull up your PP history and log it all.I know this doesn't help much but i know i don't have receipts for all my MUTT's just my PP log.I know you need this stuff to file etc...I can't imagine what i would do if my precious MUTT's were stolen!!Gosh i can't even think about it!! :
#32 of 57 Old 07-10-2005, 09:32 PM

#33 of 57 Old 07-10-2005, 11:09 PM

sorry to hear that this has happened to you.

MB, mama to three, soulmate to one, pioneering cloth to many since 2002!
#34 of 57 Old 07-10-2005, 11:38 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks again, to all! I hand't even thought of using paypal receipts! I will be busy printing tomorrow. As for pics... I have some, and maybe that will be enough.
I am just going to crash tonight and try to have a better day tomorrow, LOL!
My poor girls got spoiled and I think Vivien is clueless about the pfs that have been on her bottom most of today.
I found a few more fitteds in the back of the closet, too! They are big on her, but will work just fine in a pinch. I will also finally have to get around to listing all of the stuff she has outgrown on ebay.
You ladies are all wonderful!!!!! s
#35 of 57 Old 07-10-2005, 11:38 PM

I am so sorry, Mich! I hope the insurance would cover at least part of your loss. If you need help with stalking, please don't hesitate to ask!
#36 of 57 Old 07-10-2005, 11:59 PM

OH man...I understand your PAIN!!!

Just a few months ago my FIL BURNED a diaper and cover....I cried.
#37 of 57 Old 07-11-2005, 12:03 AM

That sucks! I just flew to my parents house and was worried that the airline would lose my luggage. One whole suitcase was my dd's diapers and the stuff for her feeding tube. I would have been crazy if it had gotten lost. I hate mean people! I guess that I'll never understand people. I hope that your homeowners insurance covers everything!
#38 of 57 Old 07-11-2005, 12:19 AM

#39 of 57 Old 07-11-2005, 01:57 AM

That really stinks
I hope that the insurance will cover it!
#40 of 57 Old 07-11-2005, 09:27 AM

I feel for you. I have been robbed 3x before and it doesn't get easier, it still sucks! People stealing your suitcase right outside the hotel? What nerve! Hope insurance takes care of it.

Nancy, Mom to Kyra (2005), Zoe (2006), Callie (2007) (2008), and Xavier (2009)
#41 of 57 Old 07-11-2005, 10:20 AM

What a bummer. I would gladly send you some things, but we don't have anything quite as nice as what you lost. It is sad to think the thief will probably just ditch them somewhere. Well, look on the bright side. When you do get the insurance money you get to have all the fun of buying again.
#42 of 57 Old 07-11-2005, 10:54 AM

I'm so sorry. I'm sure the person who got them doesn't even know the value of them. What a bummer!
#43 of 57 Old 07-11-2005, 12:40 PM

First Mich....IM glad you guys got back SAFEFLY and im sorry we couldnt hook up while you were here but I understand how drama works in family dynamics!
Second-thank you for the package-i got it a few days after you left!! The diapers are adorable!! dd might get a few more weeks out of the nb dipeez but the other 2 fit beautifully and we looooove em.
Third-Im sorry this happened to you! Please let me know if yuo need anything and I will help you with what I can. I am so so so sorry-that is no way to end a trip!!!!!! Keep this in mind tho, keep an eye out for those diapers on ebay and other FSorAuction sites...if the thieves had half a pea brain they wouldnt throw em out and you might be able to track them down (read: win auction and pickup at thieves house with a hammer in hand...j/k). I feel really really bad for you bc I know coming home from a trip is havoc enough but thats rough mama--let us know what you need. I dont have the kind of diapers you are missing but I might have something. Hang in there chicka. s
#44 of 57 Old 07-11-2005, 01:06 PM

Man, I *swear* It wasn't me who stole your diapers!
Altho, i'd be one of the few ppl who'd appreciate them

FTR, I had all my cds stolen from my car at work once, and my mom's homeowner ins covered everything. It was allstate at the time, and had like a 150 or 200 deductable. All they asked is that I create a "list" of everything stolen and submit.

I did a excel spreadsheet with a list of cds and "prices" from online. I'll admit I padded it a tiny bit, so that I ended up even instead of short.
I think I got a check for like 500 bucks. I must admit, for a 20yr old being handed a check for 500 bucks and being allowed to shop my heart out was awsome

I don't think i've bought more than 10 cds since, but hey

It totally rocked being able to walk up to a clerk with like 20 cds...hehe.
Hopefully you get to do that with your diapers! *crosses fingers*
#45 of 57 Old 07-11-2005, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsupial
First Mich....IM glad you guys got back SAFEFLY and im sorry we couldnt hook up while you were here but I understand how drama works in family dynamics!
Second-thank you for the package-i got it a few days after you left!! The diapers are adorable!! dd might get a few more weeks out of the nb dipeez but the other 2 fit beautifully and we looooove em.
Third-Im sorry this happened to you! Please let me know if yuo need anything and I will help you with what I can. I am so so so sorry-that is no way to end a trip!!!!!! Keep this in mind tho, keep an eye out for those diapers on ebay and other FSorAuction sites...if the thieves had half a pea brain they wouldnt throw em out and you might be able to track them down (read: win auction and pickup at thieves house with a hammer in hand...j/k). I feel really really bad for you bc I know coming home from a trip is havoc enough but thats rough mama--let us know what you need. I dont have the kind of diapers you are missing but I might have something. Hang in there chicka. s
Thanks Leighanne! I sooo wanted to meet up, and I really hope we can try again when I come back up. I know we would have hit it off! Glad the dipes made it, too
I JUST got off the phone with the insurance company and they will cover anything I can provide paypal receipts for! It will take a few weeks and we will just have to make do, but at least I will be able to replace many of the itmes.

Thanks to everyone for the advice and well wishes, maybe it will all turn out ok. Now if I can just get my hands on some BottomBumpers again :LOL
#46 of 57 Old 07-11-2005, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michray
Now if I can just get my hands on some BottomBumpers again :LOL
What size? Fitteds or AIOs?

-Alice, SAHM to dd (2001) and ds (2004) each of whom was a homebirth.jpg, who each self-weaned at 4.5 years bfolderchild.gif, who both fambedsingle2.gif'd, who were bothcd.gif, and both: novaxnocirc.gif.   Also, gd.gif, and goorganic.jpg!

#47 of 57 Old 07-11-2005, 05:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sustainer
What size? Fitteds or AIOs?

Med short Anything really, but the fitteds would get more love, I am sure. It will be a few weeks before I have any $ tho so I have some time to get my stalking skills in order, I guess
#48 of 57 Old 07-11-2005, 07:18 PM

All I have are larges.

-Alice, SAHM to dd (2001) and ds (2004) each of whom was a homebirth.jpg, who each self-weaned at 4.5 years bfolderchild.gif, who both fambedsingle2.gif'd, who were bothcd.gif, and both: novaxnocirc.gif.   Also, gd.gif, and goorganic.jpg!

#49 of 57 Old 07-19-2005, 04:17 PM

I just read this post and I am so sorry mama!!! I also worked for an insurance company and you should be able to use your receipts, if you need anything from me, PLEASE let me know!! Also, there really shouldnt be any depreciation on the diapers... because some of them you could nearly sell for what you paid for them, plus the prices have went up in some places

If you need anything from me, let me know! <<HUGS>>

Stacy ~ Mama to 4 and #5 due in February
#50 of 57 Old 07-19-2005, 05:58 PM

That is so terrible. :
#51 of 57 Old 07-19-2005, 06:07 PM

I'm so very sorry. I hope at least they were dirty.

Can you go back and check the dumpsters or businesses in the area in which they were stolen? I would think they would have just ditched them when it wasn't what they thought was valuable.

My mom had her purse stolen and thank goodness she's a money-hider and her cash was not in her wallet. They had just taken the wallet and ditched the purse in a local trash can.
#52 of 57 Old 07-19-2005, 06:14 PM

Hugs to you, how awful.
#53 of 57 Old 07-19-2005, 08:40 PM

I'm so sorry! I'm so sad for you today!! {{{hugs}}}
#54 of 57 Old 07-19-2005, 11:09 PM

Yeah, another "that sucks" post from me and ((((hugs)))). I agree with the other posters, I do hope they were dirty diapers! Servs them right to steal things, I hope they got a suitcase full of dirty diapers! But then again, if they were dirty then they probably did just go in the dumpster, so sad. I am really feeling for you mama! That has to be the worst! Keep us updated on how much you are able to get back.
#55 of 57 Old 07-20-2005, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by medaroge
I do hope they were dirty diapers!

: OMG I am ROLLING at that!

Gah, I'm so sorry for you! I would be so so SO upset too! I gotta agree with whomever said it, it'll be fun buying new diaps!

Lesson learned here... I will have to print out my PP reciepts! Thank God I buy all my diaps online! I'll be printing and putting them in my safebox!
#56 of 57 Old 07-20-2005, 10:17 AM - Thread Starter

LOL, I WISH they had been dirty! All were freshly laundered and folded just so...

I have finally finished with all of the paperwork for insurance, so now we are waiting to hear back. My insurance company has been great, and so have you all! We have some amazing Mamas!

I had free diapers offered, discounted diapers, and some private shopping sessions for when I am ready to buy again. What a wonderful WAHM world!
#57 of 57 Old 07-20-2005, 11:10 AM

oh my gosh, i am so sorry to hear that! i know how you feel! a bag of diapers was just stolen from my HALLWAY. people are so lame!!! ((hug))

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page