Anyone else's wash routine/dry routine getting really complicated? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-31-2005, 12:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't mind, in fact I love my fluffy laundry, but my routine keeps getting more and more complicated!!!

Here's what it USED to be :
1. Cold pre-rinse, 2 hot washes, detergent in first wash only
2. Hang to dry

NOW it looks like this :
1. Cold pre-rinse
2. Hot wash w/ detergent, vinegar to counteract the baking soda I spinkle on them before they go into the pail, and TTO so they smell fresh
3. Another hot wash
4. Hang the dipes and inserts to dry
5. Put cloth wipes into dryer with dryer sheet to dry, so they're nice and soft for DS' bottom
6. When dipes/inserts are almost dry, put them in dryer with damp dishtowel for 15 minutes to soften them up

Not to mention, folding them!

I love doing fluffy laundry but I think this routine will be too much when I get busy again (in the fall) with various activities and holiday related stuff!

But, I love having everything just SO...

It will help when it cools down and I can dry outside again (i.e. less bugs) - my stuff wasn't nearly as stiff when I line dried outside for some reason.
#2 of 3 Old 07-31-2005, 08:17 PM - Thread Starter

#3 of 3 Old 07-31-2005, 09:39 PM

yes. I was just thinking today that it is maddening b/c it takes all day to do. I wash every three days or so and end up with three loads to do b/c I have twins and it is getting mental.

Here is mine....

I cold soak/rinse the poopy stuff and the fitteds, then hot wash/cold rinse with washing soda and TTO (or detergent every so often), another 2 cold rinses (first with vinegar), the fitteds go hang somewhere....

Next load is doublers and inserts which don't get the soak/rinse unless there is another poopy item to add in, hot wash/cold rinse with washing soda and TTO, 2 cold rinses (first with vinegar), they go in the dryer on high.....

Third and final is covers, pockets and the like hot was/cold rinse with washing soda and TTO, 2 cold rinses and then into the dryer on low...

Then the fitted so into the dryer on low...

Then I wash the diaper pail, fold it all up and stack it all away and wonder what would be a simpler way to go about things

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page