So before I do a stash thinning, I wanna share stash pics! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 155 Old 08-08-2005, 02:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What a gorgeous stash!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 155 Old 08-08-2005, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spatulagirl
Amen sister!

I am in negotiations with DH about it He's attached to that BBB.
Remember what you said about how he's happy as long as you put out? :LOL :
#123 of 155 Old 08-08-2005, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflymom
Remember what you said about how he's happy as long as you put out? :LOL :
OMG....:

that is hysterical!!

Jesse, wife to DH , mama to DD 13, DS 11, DS 8, DD 6, DS 3 & bean EDD 12/18/13
#124 of 155 Old 08-08-2005, 03:24 PM

um, wow?
#125 of 155 Old 08-08-2005, 03:34 PM

Nice stash. I wish my dh would see yours and then he can stop complaining about mine, no offense.
#126 of 155 Old 08-08-2005, 03:55 PM

Yeah, I just told my dh about the "put out" part and he cracked up, but in agreement. It's an awesome stash and rather than sell it, I'd have another baby to put all that cute fluff on! Too bad people can't evaluate all the stuff they probably have and have to attack you. Diapers are a lot more fun than a bunch of dolls, or bears, or porcelain figurines that lots of people are crazy for. Not to mention most households have multiple TV's and what not, one can find something wrong with just about anything,. Have fun thinning out the stash, I wouldn't want to have to decide what to get rid of!

Birth Photographer mom to four blessings
#127 of 155 Old 08-08-2005, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jentilla
Yeah, I just told my dh about the "put out" part and he cracked up, but in agreement. It's an awesome stash and rather than sell it, I'd have another baby to put all that cute fluff on! Too bad people can't evaluate all the stuff they probably have and have to attack you. Diapers are a lot more fun than a bunch of dolls, or bears, or porcelain figurines that lots of people are crazy for. Not to mention most households have multiple TV's and what not, one can find something wrong with just about anything,. Have fun thinning out the stash, I wouldn't want to have to decide what to get rid of!
I'm w/ you! I'd have another babe to put it all on...then I wouldn't have to decide what to get rid of!! Ya never know mama..w/ all that "putting out" ya just might find yourself w/ another bum on the way! :LOL

Jesse, wife to DH , mama to DD 13, DS 11, DS 8, DD 6, DS 3 & bean EDD 12/18/13
#128 of 155 Old 08-08-2005, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBaby
I'm w/ you! I'd have another babe to put it all on...then I wouldn't have to decide what to get rid of!! Ya never know mama..w/ all that "putting out" ya just might find yourself w/ another bum on the way! :LOL
:
I was going to say the same thing...LMAO!!
BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAUTIFUL fluff mama!! I am drooling over those MM;s!!
#129 of 155 Old 08-08-2005, 04:07 PM

Hey ladies didn't mean to offend anyone. Wasn't even ASSuming. I just thought it was a very nice stash, and the thread seemed so taken over by consumerism, so I merely suggested the other side of the medal. That's all. I didn't TELL her to do anything, didn't HINT that she wasn't generous before, none of that. That's your ASSuming. All I did was suggest. IF someone had said that to me (and it has happened), I would simply and graciously say "thx for reminding me; I will share some" (Or "I won't because I paid these from my own clothing budget and really need the money to afford my move" or whatever). I would definitely not be offended and defensive, as if I felt guilty but my guilt was not to be addressed.
Really, it was a suggestion, nothing else. I'm a stranger on the internet, for chrissakes, my suggestion can be waaaayyy off and all you have to do is point it out.

You know what? I used to post here, because I started cd'ing when there were 3 brands of fancy diapers. I witnessed the birth of hyenaism. I even made some of your smilies just for you, namely : and :
I always thought the stalking and cackling and laughing was kinda funny, even if it wasn't my thing. The one thing about hyeanaism that I hadn't quite witnessed was the merciless pack mentality in ripping victims to shreds. thanks for showing me :

ETA: and I've seen spatulagirl around enough to know she is generous. Really, it wasn't a personal attack. I wouldn't suggest an act of charity to someone of whom I knew she never would do it, anyway.
#130 of 155 Old 08-08-2005, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Ya never know mama..w/ all that "putting out" ya just might find yourself w/ another bum on the way!

Half-marathon running Mommy to 3 spunky girls and 1 sweet boy. Spending my days and nights where my kids need me most- at home with them!!

#131 of 155 Old 08-08-2005, 04:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonee
Hey ladies didn't mean to offend anyone. Wasn't even ASSuming. I just thought it was a very nice stash, and the thread seemed so taken over by consumerism, so I merely suggested the other side of the medal. That's all. I didn't TELL her to do anything, didn't HINT that she wasn't generous before, none of that. That's your ASSuming. All I did was suggest. IF someone had said that to me (and it has happened), I would simply and graciously say "thx for reminding me; I will share some" (Or "I won't because I paid these from my own clothing budget and really need the money to afford my move" or whatever). I would definitely not be offended and defensive, as if I felt guilty but my guilt was not to be addressed.
Really, it was a suggestion, nothing else. I'm a stranger on the internet, for chrissakes, my suggestion can be waaaayyy off and all you have to do is point it out.

You know what? I used to post here, because I started cd'ing when there were 3 brands of fancy diapers. I witnessed the birth of hyenaism. I even made some of your smilies just for you, namely : and :
I always thought the stalking and cackling and laughing was kinda funny, even if it wasn't my thing. The one thing about hyeanaism that I hadn't quite witnessed was the merciless pack mentality in ripping victims to shreds. thanks for showing me :

ETA: and I've seen spatulagirl around enough to know she is generous. Really, it wasn't a personal attack. I wouldn't suggest an act of charity to someone of whom I knew she never would do it, anyway.
Water under the bridge. Maybe I did act defensively but I just didn't like how you phrased it. It's not that big of a deal really.

Mom to 4! Welcomed Aila Wren on Friday, February 25th!
#132 of 155 Old 08-08-2005, 04:31 PM

Quote:
You didn't "suggest" an act of charity. You called her pampered and implied that if she didn't spread the good will around (apparently people who work hard for their stuff are obligated to share it) she was working against the spirit of Mothering.

It certainly looked like a personal attack to me. Maybe you said something you didn't mean, or maybe you regret putting it that way, but if it looks like a personal attack... and smells like a personal attack...
#133 of 155 Old 08-08-2005, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by raversangel
i addmittingly didn't read all the posts : just saw your pics and skipped to the last page to post...but OMG woman those are NICE! and i can definatly see how it takes 3 suitcases to pack all your fluff definatly gave me some ideas on what to get for my stash how long did it take to accumalate all of that? (sorry if someone has already asked)

thanx
It's alright, you didn't miss anything

A year or so, tht is how long it took. I work at home so spend a lot of time on the comp. While I wait for stuff to download/upload/open on the Mac I surf on the PC

#134 of 155 Old 08-08-2005, 04:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBaby
:LOL

Um, yesterday we had friends over and she CDs too. She totally got into the hyena thing after seeing some of my stuff. Anyway, her husband asks if I really spent XXX amount of money at Fluff Factory. While DH was there! I hadn't told him yet. I don't discuss many purchases with him but on big bods and auctions I talk to him. Anyway, he wasn't mad thought it was cool for charity but I was expecting him to say something when they left.

I put out. He forgot And yeah, if we keep that up there may be another bum on the way :LOL

#135 of 155 Old 08-08-2005, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiMetz
You called her pampered and implied that if she didn't spread the good will around
dear furbaby neglecter, SHE used those words. I merely repeated them. Do you think I would EVER be the first one to use the word Pamper on the diapering board?
Yes, and if it's really that important to hear me say it: I do not believe that owning 5 times as much of something than you ever need is necessarily selfish. I do believe that selling it without giving some away IS selfish.

But what is so bad about that? I'm not into diapers, but I also have had some material indulgences that could be called nothing but selfish. Can't we all just quit playing the unselfish martyr mommy games adn admit our shameless materialism? This whole forum is about it, why is it so bad when an outsider says it aloud?
#136 of 155 Old 08-08-2005, 05:06 PM

Oh and i"m out of this thread. So fawn in peace :
#137 of 155 Old 08-08-2005, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spatulagirl
I put out. He forgot And yeah, if we keep that up there may be another bum on the way :LOL

#138 of 155 Old 08-08-2005, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Oh and i"m out of this thread.
#139 of 155 Old 08-08-2005, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodcents

The only bitter and resentful message I received was from those who are angry simonee suggested some charitable giving.
Actually, I don't think anyone would have been upset at the suggestion of charitable giving at all. I think what has ruffled people's feathers is the assumption that Kate has not or would be reluctant to participate in charitable giving. And I think mama's have a right to take offense to that. And no, I don't think Kate should have to list out her charitable acts to "prove" that she's not spoiled, pampered, whatever...the problem is with the mama's holding those opinions not with Kate. As I'm sure you know, the best acts of charity are those given without any attention being called to them.
#140 of 155 Old 08-08-2005, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuhajibahMama

Actually, I don't think anyone would have been upset at the suggestion of charitable giving at all. I think what has ruffled people's feathers is the assumption that Kate has not or would be reluctant to participate in charitable giving. And I think mama's have a right to take offense to that. And no, I don't think Kate should have to list out her charitable acts to "prove" that she's not spoiled, pampered, whatever...the problem is with the mama's holding those opinions not with Kate. As I'm sure you know, the best acts of charity are those given without any attention being called to them.
Well said, very well said!
#141 of 155 Old 08-08-2005, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathenmom
Nope, I'm laughing, too, but not in a funny-ha-ha way ... in a man-these-people-need-to-get-a-life way. They've totally hijacked a thread and turned it into bashing a woman who's worked hard for what she has. That sucks. :

:

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#142 of 155 Old 08-09-2005, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuhajibahMama
AlhumdiAllah I do know that. Exaclty why I didn't point mine out. If someone is really interested I said they could go and search through my 1500 plus posts and go look if it was that important to them.

But I do disagree that there was upset caused about the idea about charitable giving. Please go back and reread some of those posts because they are, imo, much more hostile than simonee's first and second suggestions.

Following Simonee to the beach.....
#143 of 155 Old 08-09-2005, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbrough
Holy fluff!!!!!!!!! Beautiful stuff!!!!!
:
#144 of 155 Old 08-09-2005, 09:50 PM

Thanks for posting that. I love looking at great stash pictures.
#145 of 155 Old 08-10-2005, 02:35 AM

Ugh. This thread is ridiculous. Kate is one of the most giving, selfless mamas I know.

Kate, I haven't checked out your pics yet, but I'm sure they are beautiful! You deserve every bit of that great fluff and should do whatever the heck you want with it.

Mama K: Child of God, wife to S, mama to 3 little beauties and 1 handsome little guy!

#146 of 155 Old 08-10-2005, 02:56 AM

Is that my elbee i see??? Top right?
#147 of 155 Old 08-10-2005, 03:05 AM

You have some amazing stuff there.
#148 of 155 Old 08-10-2005, 03:13 AM

Ya' know what? Let's stop hashing this thing to death. I just can't believe how nasty this thread has gotten. Please, let's all go and jump in our piles of fluff and just be happy with what we have.

What would a newcomer to cloth diapering, say someone who is lurking to find out more info, think about this thread?

7yo: "Mom,I know which man is on a quarter and which on is on a nickel. They both have ponytails, but one man has a collar and the other man is naked. The naked man was our first president."

#149 of 155 Old 08-10-2005, 03:30 AM

Hey Kate your stash is awesome!!

And thanks for helping to support my family, a charity of its own!!!! :LOL

Stacy ~ Mama to 4 and #5 due in February
#150 of 155 Old 08-10-2005, 03:37 AM

I just had to chime in here again. First of all, this is a fabulous stash

I don't post a lot, but have been around enough to see how nice Kate is. I feel so sad that people can't share their stash pictures without someone saying something When I first started posting on here, I was always drooling over her stash photos (among others). I was lucky enough to see them before she took them down, because of negative comments (if I remember correctly ).

Yes, maybe we indulge in some of this luscious fluff for ourselves, but ultimately it is to put on our babies! Why? Everyone has their own reasons, but most of them our VERY unselfish. Actually I can't think of one thing about cloth diapering that is selfish. Although most of us grow to enjoy it

Anyway, I really don't know what I'm getting at, just had to get some of that out. All of these mamas with outrageous stashes are supporting many wahm's and pampering their babies with great fluff. They should all feel horrible

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page