Anyone have one of these?? DO you have a pic to share of your babe in these? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 68 Old 09-08-2005, 04:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ruskovilla kid's woolen zipper suit
http://www.organic-gift-shop.com/s.n...it.A/id.578/.f

What do you think of it??
And do you know of any other place to buy one?
Since it costs so much I wanted to buy the next size up and just cuff the legs and arms but she's out of 90's
TIA

Tammi

eta
i did find this link with instock if anyone was interested
http://novanatural.com/product.phtml?pr=4626&sec=105
#2 of 68 Old 09-08-2005, 04:16 PM

i have a few. but they are not the same brand. but another great finnish brand. i used them before i CD. i put them under winter clothing. they rock. super soft!

now the sad part. DH washed and dryed 2 of them and im sure they wont fit Jasper when the snow comes!
#3 of 68 Old 09-08-2005, 04:18 PM

oh and i bought them forma small childrens clothing store.

and others have been gifts... all kids have these in Finland.
#4 of 68 Old 09-08-2005, 04:33 PM

I have ruskovilla soakers & longies and I have to say that I LOVE them. I would buy anything that they make. In fact, we just started breaking in the longies today and I was wishing I had a shirt or pair of pants that I could wear myself.

* Llamajama in stock woolens *
hand knit wool longies, wool soakers, wool sweaters and more!
#5 of 68 Old 09-08-2005, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HR Fluff n’ Stuff
I have ruskovilla soakers & longies and I have to say that I LOVE them. I would buy anything that they make. In fact, we just started breaking in the longies today and I was wishing I had a shirt or pair of pants that I could wear myself.
I have the longies for dd. we have been using them at night for a couple of weeks now when we have the ac on.
#6 of 68 Old 09-08-2005, 04:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnyhatanpaa
now the sad part. DH washed and dryed 2 of them and im sure they wont fit Jasper when the snow comes!
So what size would they fit?
#7 of 68 Old 09-08-2005, 05:04 PM

i think one was a size 70 and the other was a 80 and now i would say they are a size 60. LOL
#8 of 68 Old 09-08-2005, 05:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
i think one was a size 70 and the other was a 80 and now i would say they are a size 60. LOL
bummer.
You could always sell them as that size and make some money back.....
#9 of 68 Old 09-08-2005, 05:06 PM

i have seen other brands in the stores here that are half the price.

i have two others that i think were 30.00 euros and they are just as good.

and all sizes were the same price.
#10 of 68 Old 09-08-2005, 05:50 PM

Quote:
i have seen other brands in the stores here that are half the price.
What other brand names have you seen? Anything that may ship to the US?

I've got longie fever

#11 of 68 Old 09-09-2005, 04:44 AM

let me do a search in finnish and try to see about shipping
#12 of 68 Old 09-09-2005, 05:29 AM

cant find any on the finnish search but if your really interested when i go into town on the weekend...oh tomorrow.. then i can take a pic. of different ones and also let you know the price. im thinking you want ones that are just 100% wool right. becasue some are 50% wool and 50 % acrylic. but just email me if your interested...

i got a 100% wool bag sleeper for Jasper when he was born for 50% off so it was just 20.00 Euros!! i will try to dig it out and take a picture. its so sweet.
#13 of 68 Old 09-09-2005, 05:43 AM

Hey, I want some of those finnish woolens!!
#14 of 68 Old 09-09-2005, 06:19 AM

I have one of these in every size. : They are SO soft, especially after many washes/lanolizations, even in the machine in warm water. But I have to disagree with Irene, I bought another Finnish brand before I splurged for the Ruskovilla ones, and OMG the difference is really striking. The other brand from the department store (non-orgnanic, non-merino) feels like cheap crap compared to the organic merino Ruskovilla ones that are just sooooo non-itchy I could just eat them up. Or wear them, which is what I actually did--I bought a pair of wool long underwear to use under my pants in winter that I adore and are soooo warm, and a wool/silk long underwear shirt also, that I love too. Ruskovilla is pricey but so worth it.

Ok, so who wants me to go to the store and pick up ya'll some Ruskovilla longies/zippers/onesies/soakers/etc? If I buy several things the guy gives me 25% off, but since I'm paying in euros, and then have to pay shipping to you, it ends up being the same price you see there in dollars at the retailer, but at least it's a few bucks cheaper since if you bought it yourself you'd have to pay for shipping! OR, would someone want a used one that's a size 80 (was a 90, but after all my many softening up via warm water washes/lanolin treatments it is mroe like a size 80-86) that my 24 monther JUST grew out of (but he has a 12.5" inseam, so he's tall) or a size 60 that my 1 month old is about to grow out of (he's huge, 12 lb)....and I think I have a size 110cm that I shrunk down to a 98cm which should be a size 2-3 year that the buggle could wear this winter, but I'm going to be using mostly separates (wool longies + tops) for him, so I could let it go. Anyone who wants a new or used one of these just PM me!
#15 of 68 Old 09-09-2005, 07:09 AM

ok well let me just say that i used these before i started to CD so i always used them over my boys clothes! i just used them to keep my boys warm never as a diaper cover. ....but i am kind of sad to think now that just because im not using the Ruskovilla ones that im using just cheap crap!

i wont put anything on my kids that is cheap crap, and i know its not organic but that doesnt matter to me. and since i used them over my older boys clothes it is just fine and they are soft, maybe not like silk or butter but not crap.

sorry just got my feelings a little hurt. angelica.
#16 of 68 Old 09-09-2005, 10:14 AM - Thread Starter

I'm sure Angelica wasn't trying to hurt your feelings.
#17 of 68 Old 09-09-2005, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Ruskovilla is pricey but so worth it.
That is just sooo true! I even love the buttery sheep smell of the Ruskovilla wool (is that weird?)

I wool - can you tell?

#18 of 68 Old 09-09-2005, 11:43 AM

Oh no...I want one of these for myself! They look sooo cozy! They're so nice that I'd get one of these for Dd, and I'm a PUL girl... Only thing is Dh would probably kill it somehow...so not for me errr...Dd...

Mama to Emma (7) and Sarah (5)

#19 of 68 Old 09-09-2005, 11:47 AM

Yeah, my DH isn't allowed to touch my wool ever since the great Sugar Peas disaster.

#20 of 68 Old 09-09-2005, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HR Fluff n’ Stuff
That is just sooo true! I even love the buttery sheep smell of the Ruskovilla wool (is that weird?)

I wool - can you tell?

I'm about wool too My last 2 babies were immediately ensconced all in wool upon arrival! My dh thinks I'm so weird about wool! He knows better than to ever touch it : Sometimes he wonders if I love my wool more than him
#21 of 68 Old 09-10-2005, 04:35 PM

Quote:
....but i am kind of sad to think now that just because im not using the Ruskovilla ones that im using just cheap crap!

i wont put anything on my kids that is cheap crap, and i know its not organic but that doesnt matter to me. and since i used them over my older boys clothes it is just fine and they are soft, maybe not like silk or butter but not crap.
sorry just got my feelings a little hurt. angelica.
Oh I'm so sorry that you took it that way, I just blurted out the 'cheap crap' thing without really thinking how that would sound to you. I totally loved the department store brand woolie zippers when that was all I had ever tried, it's definatly not scratchy or bad to put on a baby or anything--I remember the buggle was just 6 months old when I bought one from Stockmann (department store in Finland, for those of you NOT living in Finland and having no way to know that :LOL) and I was grinning ear to ear when I put it on him, because it felt soft, looked sooooooooo cute, and I just loved it. I was pleased that I had saved a bit of money over the Ruskovilla stuff that I had checked out earlier. But I admit it didn't stay as supple/soft after washes, somehow, which confused me...it started to feel like acrylic--nice, but not a merino-y or even a wool-y feeling. I ended up dying it green with Kool-Aid and giving it to Claire (Spark), who adored it on CC last winter, if I remember correctly. I got a Ruskovilla one last winter, and it was three sizes too big (shoulda gotten an 80, but I got a 110 because his 90 onesies were tight on him at that time and I wanted such an expensive piece to LAST and last) and so I tried shrinking it in the washing machine so it would fit better. And OMG it went from feeling cardboard-y to like CASHMERE. I was shocked when I pulled it out from a warm wash in the machine followed by a lanolin soak, and let it dry--it was seriously the softest, least itchy wool I had ever felt, and so nice and thick for diaper-cover-usage. I was soooo psyched, and never hesitated to spend the $$$ on Ruskovilla zippers again, because they are such quality and man they rock after a gentle but warm machine wash with the Sonett brand lanolin wash that they sell at the same store that just rules my world for a positively-sticky-lanolinzation-process. ANYHOO, back to sticking my foot in my mouth calling your (and my) dept.-store-bought-non-organic-zippers 'cheap crap' : , all I meant to say or try to explain was that I liked them before I tried the Ruskovilla ones, but after trying the Ruskovilla ones (well, especially after a light felting) I was absolutely blown away and now turn my nose up (tongue in cheek, joking around) at anything else, kwim? Sort of like Finnish chocolate. My whole life I thought chocolate bought in America was yummy, until I came here and tried Fazer chocolate and my world was turned upside down and I can't believe how many millions of Americans live their lives without even realizing they are eating 'cheap crap' chocolate (now all the MDCers will hate me for dissin' their chocolate! :LOL) when there is Finnish chocolate out there to be had in the world! .....but all of ya'll can ask Claire (Spark) on that one, Finnish chocolate is sooooo much better than Hersheys/Nestle/whatever, I kid you not. Anyway, that's probably as good as I can explain my point, and what I meant when I called the non-Ruskovilla woolies 'cheap crap'....they're really not, they're absolutely fine and I loved them before I tried Ruskovilla, but my heart was so stolen and I am such a fan of the Ruskovilla ones now, that I just go overboard and speak strongly in a kidding kind of way about how much better I think they are when anyone asks or if I find any way to bring it up. :LOL SOrry I made you feel bad Irene, I love you!
#22 of 68 Old 09-10-2005, 04:45 PM - Thread Starter

#23 of 68 Old 09-10-2005, 04:47 PM - Thread Starter

#24 of 68 Old 09-11-2005, 06:59 AM

dont worry about it.

and i didnt even care for chocolate so much until i came to Finland. hence the 10 kilos in still trying to loose,,,,

but with my stash of frazer in my closet i dont think thats happening!

ok so a quesiton on the wool zippered outfits...when you do a diaper change do you have to change all the babies clohtes? and do you use a shirt under it?

i havent used mine at all for covers so just wondering. i need to now go dig through our storage and try to find what i have from the boys that might work for Jasper.
#25 of 68 Old 09-11-2005, 09:40 AM

Quote:
My whole life I thought chocolate bought in America was yummy, until I came here and tried Fazer chocolate and my world was turned upside down and I can't believe how many millions of Americans live their lives without even realizing they are eating 'cheap crap' chocolate (now all the MDCers will hate me for dissin' their chocolate! )
OT but... Europeans do have the best chocolate! What’s up with that? Why can't Cadbury send us the delicious chocolate instead of those gross eggs at Easter? WHY? Do you ever have Flake? Ohh or Crunchies? OMG - and that is the cheap crap chocolate but to my poor abused Hershey tongue it tastes like heaven... can you tell I just got my . after 17 months? You say chocolate and I STOP thinking about diapers! I hope that doesn't last:LOL :LOL

#26 of 68 Old 09-11-2005, 12:01 PM

ok, i know this is OT, but I love cadbury flakes!!! DH is a brit and makes his nana bring some over every time she comes the snow flakes are amazing! i've found that world market sells them here
#27 of 68 Old 09-11-2005, 03:24 PM

http://www.childrenswoolens.com/group_order.htm
These people do a group order thing- if we could get 10 people together to order at least an average of 2 items, we could qualify... It takes a month or so, it says once orders are placed. We could start a order thread in the TP co-op forum...

HTH

Leslie
#28 of 68 Old 09-11-2005, 03:54 PM

but angelica gets 25 % off

that group thing only gets 15 %. plus you still would need to pay shipping right.
#29 of 68 Old 09-12-2005, 11:43 AM - Thread Starter

anyone have a pic to share of their babe in these body suits??
#30 of 68 Old 09-12-2005, 12:23 PM

Hmmm- I guess I thought the shipping from the US versus Scandinavia would make up for the price diff... maybe I missed something. Ooops- I'm just going to sew something like it for my kids, I think... although I wish I could get the BEAUTIFUL OG merino... But I'd like drop seats, i think...

Sorry about that!

Leslie

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page