Diapering FUN - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-15-2005, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
One of my close friends is due in December with TWINS!

She told me I can help her pick out diapers. She's leaning toward fuzzi bunz, and budgeting about $700 (twin starter set from earthy birth mama)

She loves monkeys & penguins & foreign languages & rock n roll, so I'd love to get her some cute embroidered stuff or patterned stuff.

She's willing to go scattered or uniform, new or lightly used. She's thrifty minded, but she may be swayed by the right designs/patterns...

She's familiar with pockets and aio's from helping out with my lil lovebugs. I'm not sure how a prefold would go over.....

They should be able to wash about every third day (so they don't go )

So?
What would you suggest?
#2 of 5 Old 09-15-2005, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter

I really want to set her up with daisy doodle aio's, because I think they'd be the easiest (no stuffing/unstuffing/etc.), but now that I think about it, fuzzibunz are easy to stuff/unstuff, right?

And earthbirthmama includes inserts with the fuzzibunz... And she can register there....

But then maybe as a special present we could find some embroidered fuzzibunz? Who does that?

Is there any chance that fb's won't work for her? I think my main complaint about fb's was that they were so wide in the crotch.

Has anyone ever did a shower long distance? I'd love to throw a shower for her, but all of her friends are here on the east coast, and she's out in san diego.

What about those baby bumware aio's? how do the xs vb's compare with the xs fb's?
#3 of 5 Old 09-15-2005, 04:18 PM

I don't know anything about diapering a nb but I think I rememeber someone (Butterflymom ?) who recently showed pics of Bumware vs VB's in infant size...

fussybutt does fb embroidery .... maybe granola threads would if you sent them to her...

good luck and have fun buying!!!
#4 of 5 Old 09-15-2005, 04:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zexplorers
I don't know anything about diapering a nb but I think I rememeber someone (Butterflymom ?) who recently showed pics of Bumware vs VB's in infant size...
I need to find that!
#5 of 5 Old 09-15-2005, 04:38 PM

I think it was Kelly (Iamg8ful or something like that :LOL).

I would lean towards Bum-Ware. She just bought an embroidery machine, her stuff is so well priced, well made and she is super sweet. Plus her aplix is hardcore! That stuff sticks!

I think generally Fuzzi bunz work for almost anyone. They seem to be no fail diapers. I had some smalls I used on kai overnight when she was a newborn and that worked fine. Kai was almost 10lbs though so if your friend is having twins she may need a preemie size too. Something to keep in mind.

Mom to 4! Welcomed Aila Wren on Friday, February 25th!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page