Fuzzi Bunz Petites vs. Medium - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-03-2005, 10:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I understand that the medium and petite FB's are supposed to be the same size but that the Petites have a longer rise. Does the longer rise make that much of a difference and do you think that you might be able to diaper a toddler in the mediums? Please give me your opinions and experiences.

Many thanks : )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2005, 11:16 PM

he rise seems to be about 2 inches higher on the PT. For my DD who has a high rise it works alot better than Mediums. It all really depends on your Dcs shape if the med. will work.. Ive heard some babies go w/ mediums up till potty learning

Shelly, Mom to Sophia 5 Nicholas 3 & 2 Angels
Its a GIRL! Alyssa Ann 6/29/10 7lbs 5 oz
Old 11-04-2005, 12:09 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I am in the process of buying a full stash of Petite FB. My son is 21lb, tall and skinny. Though the mediums fit him well enough, and look like they would last him a long time, I want these to be the last diapers that I "have to" buy. I can see that the rise on the mediums would be too short, and as a pp stated, the rise on the petite is a good 1 1/2 to 2 inches more. The other thing is the crutch is also wider by about an inch, meaning the larger size stuffers will fit without getting rolled up.
Hilary
Old 11-04-2005, 12:43 AM

My first FB stash was in mediums, but my skinny son outgrew it by rise (even though he was still in the tightest snaps), so I ordered a petite toddler. After trying the petite, I wish I would have just saved my $ and gotten him the petite to begin with, b/c I won't think a higher rise is that big of a deal. I ended up just getting larges eventually, but honestly if I would have just gotten the petite toddlers to begin with, I'm sure that we'd still be using them. Even on the larges now, he is on the smallest snap and if his stomach is empty, sometimes I cross over the waist tabs.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:58 AM
hnk

Petites are a hard size they don't always fit everyone. The rise is definiately longer and the waist is thinner. I tried them on my skinney boy several times and they never worked out right. He ended up wearing the larges on the tightest snap until he was potty trained. I would always suggest buying one to try or try a loaner for size first. Thay way you are not sinking a ton of money into a size that won't work.

Another great alternative to FBs for skinney kids is Wonderoos. I have a couple friends who have opted to buy Wonderoos instead of Petite Fbs because they fit really well and are still a pocket dipe.

Heidi
Old 11-04-2005, 03:23 AM

geez i don't really notice a difference. i am using a stash of pt and med. on my 19 pd boy, and i never really notice the difference. i fasten them both on the same snaps and everything

Kristin- Wife to J, Mommy to B (11), M-S (8), and little J (4) and J&J (7 months)
Old 11-04-2005, 03:27 AM

Hmmmm.... :

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

Old 11-04-2005, 03:46 AM

My twins wear both mediums and PT, the larger of the 2 is pretty much on the last snaps on both, the smaller has a way to grow in both. My ds's are 5 months and the larger is appx 20#s, the smaller is appx 16#s. I personally don't see much of a size difference on either. BUT, my babies are still short and young so maybe the rise just does not make a difference at this stage!
Old 11-04-2005, 12:36 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
The thighs on the PT is 1" smaller than the medium, so if your DC has chunky thighs, that's something to consider. My DS has been wearing PTs for the last 3 months, but I can't get the thigh tight enough on him without squashing his belly. : He has a huge waist and itty bitty thighs. A large fits him well in the waist, but gapes at the thighs. I found that for him, side-snapping diapers of other brands work better, just because he has an odd body shape.

The rise fits great on my DS though. He's 16 months old, and a month ago, he was 23 lbs and 32 1/4" tall. All of his fat is in his belly. He has those preemie chicken legs that just never filled out!

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
Old 11-04-2005, 12:52 PM

both mine are in pt todd. and i love it. they are petite toddlers #1 almost 3 and #2 18 months. I am looking into m/l's elswhere as well. good luck!,
Jennifer

User Tag List