How many wipes for a NB? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 11-21-2005, 03:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We use disposable wipes on DS most of the time, but Lily is going to get her own stash of NEW cloth wipes...but how many do I need? I think baby girls little bits require a bit more wiping than a boy, but I could be wrong???
#2 of 11 Old 11-21-2005, 03:45 PM

Well, all my newborns pooped in every diaper for the first couple of months. So....figure a couple of wipes/change and figure out how often you'll be washing dipes?
#3 of 11 Old 11-21-2005, 04:17 PM

At the very least I would probably take the number of diapers you have & multiply by 1.5 so that way you have at least one wipe for each change & then a few extras for when you need more than one
#4 of 11 Old 11-21-2005, 07:11 PM

A whole bunch! You can never have too many! And why are you using disposables still??? Gasp! LOL
I'd say 3 dozen. You can also use them to wash hands and faces, easier and softer than regular washcloths, we use them in the bath too. So we have a ton since we use them for everything.
#5 of 11 Old 11-21-2005, 07:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobiemama
A whole bunch! You can never have too many! And why are you using disposables still??? Gasp! LOL
I'd say 3 dozen. You can also use them to wash hands and faces, easier and softer than regular washcloths, we use them in the bath too. So we have a ton since we use them for everything.
Dallin's poo is beyond gross, so I use a flushable wipe first then a cloth one so his butt doesn't smell like..well..butt.
#6 of 11 Old 11-21-2005, 07:58 PM

I've always gotten by just fine with 24 wipes -- even at the start. Best wishes!

I like Mother of Eden Wonder Wipes or Happy Tushies wipes, although make sure you order your Happy Tushies wipes waaay in advance because they can take a month to arrive.
#7 of 11 Old 11-21-2005, 08:48 PM

I made myself about 24, and if that's not enough, I'll make more
#8 of 11 Old 11-21-2005, 08:52 PM

LOL Shandelle, thats a good idea! Nothing like toddler poo to make you wish for that nice newborn poo, huh?
#9 of 11 Old 11-22-2005, 12:25 AM

i have about 50 for 2 days for my dd. i tend to use a lot every change but i don't feel bad since they are cloth. but i agree more is better. we were running out before and it was frustrating.
#10 of 11 Old 11-22-2005, 04:24 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Yep, yep... you can NEVER have too many cloth wipes!! I use the ones we have for so much more than just diapering! Runny noses, after-meal clean-ups, oopses in the van, velour wipes are The Best when you have a cold and blowing your nose so much it feels like you're going to just rub that skin right off!, bath washcloths, a mini-doubler, etc... I'm not sure exactly how many I have right now, but I think I'm going to have to get on the ball and make some more (no rush though... I mean, I'm only due in FOUR WEEKS ) ... and fwiw, velour wipes are My Very Favorite (ribbed velour is especially nice for those messy poos) and sherpa is a close second!!

Judy, wife to my Catholic deacon husband ... homeschooling mother to my four girls, a boy, and someone new in May '15! Forever remembering our loss (8/11) .
#11 of 11 Old 11-22-2005, 05:39 AM

I agree you can never have too many wipes. Mine have somehow started disapearing during the last year. Not sure where they go but I could always use more. I would have atleast 36 for a newborn.

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page