Bedwetter pants? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 12-09-2005, 10:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What is your favorite bedwetter pants for a 4-5 year old? Please tell me why you like them and what you don't like about them.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 12-10-2005, 05:06 PM

i like the nikky's all night pants form www.babyworks.com

also, happy heiny makes a pocket traineer that works well for uas. I get them from heinyking.com
#3 of 9 Old 12-10-2005, 05:18 PM

Motherease Bedwetters were my faves.

Liked: They worked for both boy and girl, were very very durable, didn't leak. The elastic never gave out, the PUL stayed together even if put in the dryer, and no seams ever gave out - workhorse material!!

Disliked: They are poofy and ugly. Occasionally overflowed with severe provocation (watermelon ).

I sewed fleece/suedecloth inside to keep dd's skin dry. I also thought about slipping a wool liner between the two layers for extra absorbency, but never needed it.

I didn't like the HH pockets because I couldn't stuff them perfectly every time and they would sneak-leak especially for the girl.

I had some WAHM ones but they needed more care than I wanted to give. (The MEs could go in the dryer in a pinch, the WAHMs had to be linedried and had hemp so it took a while.)

Other names I have heard are the Nikkys (nice but not so durable) and Drymids and Precious Dignity. But all that is hearsay.

HTH!
#4 of 9 Old 12-10-2005, 05:27 PM

I would also recommend the Mother-ease Bedwetter pants

They never leak, and hold up with frequent washings.

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
#5 of 9 Old 12-10-2005, 05:34 PM

I agree with Emmalala. Motherease are very durable and leakproof. They aren't the prettiest, but for nighttime I'd rather have functional over cuteness. We've never had a leak with them.

We also have Happy Heiny's trainers, which are dependable for us, but those things are SO hard to stuff because of the design. My dd says it's the most comfy overnight pant she's tried, but my dislike for stuffing them keeps me from ordering anymore.

We started out with Nikky Bedwetter pants from Babyworks, and they worked great against leaks but I found over time that they did not hold up well to repeated washings/dryings...maybe after 3-6mo of frequent use? Also, those have an internal soaker, and I felt like after awhile we had build up issues...like they didn't get thoroughly cleaned.

We also tried the Mother of Eden overnight undies, and they were not enough absorbency for us.

By far the Motherease have been our most reliable and easy to use. I like the idea of sewing fleece to the flap. I think that would make them more comfy.

Happily married, busy mom to a houseful :-)

Expecting again early Oct 2014!

#6 of 9 Old 12-10-2005, 07:07 PM

I have been searching for the perfect bedwetter pant for a long time now. The Motherease ones are nice and durable, but still leak on my heavy wetter. I was just searching around and came across this, which sounds really bulky, but also cheap and effective.

http://www.borntolove.com/frugal-column3.html
#7 of 9 Old 12-10-2005, 08:43 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks! Motherease it is.
#8 of 9 Old 12-11-2005, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsgotmilk4two
I have been searching for the perfect bedwetter pant for a long time now. The Motherease ones are nice and durable, but still leak on my heavy wetter.
Did you ever try putting a wool liner between the layers? I never did this but thought it would probably add a lot of absorbency. Since I always answer this question about bedwetters - due to my many years of experience with the topic - I am curious! I don't have anyone to experiment with right now - the older ones are out of the BWs and the youngest is still in a diaper at night...
#9 of 9 Old 12-11-2005, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsgotmilk4two
I have been searching for the perfect bedwetter pant for a long time now. The Motherease ones are nice and durable, but still leak on my heavy wetter. I was just searching around and came across this, which sounds really bulky, but also cheap and effective.

http://www.borntolove.com/frugal-column3.html
I've improvised something similar! We usually use Drymids, which are no longer available in overnight absorbancy, but one night they were all in the wash. I put a pair of unders on my son, then added two Joey Bunz that he held while I slipped a second pair of unders up and over the JBs. He wore fleece pants as pj bottoms. The outer unders were snug enough that the JBs didn't shift, and the whole system was amazingly trim and effective. I'd love to design and sew a more permanent version of this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page