HELP QUICK! got fluff today and NEED to wash it today! HOW??? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 4 Old 12-14-2005, 05:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I got my cotton babies order today-YAY! I have some fuzzi bunz and cuddle buns from a friend that were well loved, but I need to know how to wash the new stuff I have!

They gave a little sheet on washing instructions when you wash it for the first time but I want to make sure I dont mess things up!
Here's what I got:
6 fuzzi bunz
cotton babies inserts
hemp babies 'bigger weeds' insert
Kissaluvs unbleached fitted diaper
polar bummis wrap (fleece)
Swaddlebees diaper
Swaddlebees insert
Rumpster diaper
Kissaluv super soaker
Wonder-full insert
stay dry liners
Kissaluv baby wipes
Cotton babies flannel wipes

The instructions on the sheet say natural cotton or hemp to wash 3-5 times in HOT with a little bit of detergent and dry in between in wash. Its says for polyester, wash in hot one time with a small amount of detergent but NOT to prewash these with the natural cotton or hemp products...
so do I wash the together the: hemp babies insert, kissaluvs diaper,swaddlebees insert, kissaluv super soaker insert, wonderful insert, kissaluv diaper wipes and the flannel wipes together?
And then everything else in a seperate load?
I dont know in which group the polar bummis goes, or the swaddlebees insert, or the kissaluv super soaker, wonderfull insert, stay dry liners, and the baby wipes!!

Please help as I dont want to ruin any of it but I NEED the diapers to use later tonight or tomorrow-thanks!!!!

Anna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 12-14-2005, 06:24 PM

See. I'd just throw them all in together for the first wash. But if you wanted to seperate them, I guess you could. But DEFINITELY wash the cotton and hemp 3-5 times. It will increase the absorbancy. None of that is wool, right?

Yah. Put it all in together IMO.
#3 of 4 Old 12-14-2005, 06:33 PM

i can't remember if by throwing it all in together (which is what i would do) you'll end up with lots of fuzz on your fleece stuff. i think you will. so you might not want to wash the fleece cover with the rest of it. i do my fleece covers and my pul covers separate but i wash all my doublers, liners, aios, prefolds, fitteds (hemp, ov, oc, flannel), etc all together. i've never had a problem.

#4 of 4 Old 12-14-2005, 06:36 PM

Actually, now that I think of it, I always washed my fleece covers with my normal laundry so that they'd get fabric softner on them. Helps keep them leak resistant IMO. So, like Kathleen said, you may just want to wash the fleece seperate, but everything else can go in together!

(I have to admit, I was just lurking *shamless brag* because DD is potty trained, but I couldn't pass up a cry for help from a fellow mama! LOL!)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page