Um, defunct Potty Learning mom gets blessed with easy learning toddler! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-21-2006, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just snapped at my toddler last weekend, (cabin fever, dark subzero weather.... ) and told him he had to start using the potty. He protested and wouldn't sit on the potty, only demanded diapers for about a day and a half (of cleaning up the floor after him), and then he just instantly went completely potty learned (daytime, haven't tried changing out nighttime routine yet). Wow! I never thought it could be so easy! Why did'nt I do this earlier (he's 28 mo)???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2006, 02:16 PM

WTG Buggle!

Now you gotta get him some OV undies...mmmm....

Christine - mama to my 4 boys
Old 01-21-2006, 02:58 PM

Isn't it amazing how they can do something once they make up their minds (whether good or bad)??

My 1st DS potty trained himself practically.. I just made him go bottomless with a long t-shirt on and when he had to pee run out to the big maple tree in our back yard... and 2 days later.. pooping on the potty!! YIPPEE!!

My 2nd DS said he was a big boy and just said no more dipies mommy and that was that.

THEY HAVE NEVER PEED THEIR BEDS EITHER! (Let's just hope this lil one that is due in 8 weeks will be just as easy!!!)
Old 01-21-2006, 03:03 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Wow, Madyson decided she was TOTALLY done with diapers no matter what and wanted undies and it still took a month! She REFUSED to wear diapers but she still had up to 9 accidents a day on the floor! :

Meg

treehugger.gifjog.gifgreenthumb.gifknit.gifnamaste.gif

Old 01-21-2006, 03:27 PM

Time to count your blessings!!

For many it isn't so easy. For others, they demand big kid underwear one day and never look back. I'm glad the Buggle made such an easy transition. (of my 3 who are happy potty going big kids, 1 never cared about switching and the other two transitioned quite easily)
Old 01-21-2006, 04:38 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Madeline was almost *too* easy. When Katherine was just about a week old, Madeline proclaimed she wanted big girl undies. She never went back. Even at nighttime. She has since wet the bed ... hm.. I could probably count the times on one hand. And those were almost my fault, because I'd keep her up way too late and forget to have her go to the bathroom before heading to bed.

But Katherine? I'm not sure how she'll be. She's 22 months now. I ask her if she wants to sit on the potty and she adamently refuses. Of course, she's more than willing to help me flush poo down the toilet though ... I thought of making up some trainers though .. .. or actually, what I probably need to do is get rid of all of our pockets (fleece-lined pockets, that is), so she doesn't get so nice and comfy feeling.

But.... I'm *so* excited for you!!! I mean, bummer you don't get to use all those nice, squishy dipes anymore.. but.. gosh, with *two* in dipes now, big kid poop is just pretty gross and I can't WAIT until Katherine decides to use the big kid potty!!

Judy, wife to my Catholic deacon husband ... homeschooling mother to my four girls, a boy, and someone new in May '15! Forever remembering our loss (8/11) .
Old 01-21-2006, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faerybugmady
Wow, Madyson decided she was TOTALLY done with diapers no matter what and wanted undies and it still took a month! She REFUSED to wear diapers but she still had up to 9 accidents a day on the floor! :

Meg
This is kind of my dd right now. We do snappid prefolds when she gets tired of learning, but usually do undies during the day.Cheap gerber ones. I told her we would buy new ones when she learned. Pretty ones!
But she still has never peed in the potty!s

I am trying to be more diligent and only using undies during the day except when out. I have heard that if you put a bummis cover or the like over undies, they will still feel wet, but not have a big mess I may try it.

Way to go buggle!!!! MIL loves to talk about how boys are waaaaaay easier than girls. Although I think dd has some hangups since her and her brother are so close in age. But it seems true so far for us. Ds will come in and sit on the little potty and actually use it, while wearing a diaper He follows me evverytime I go.

Due with number 5 in August. We do all that crunchy stuff.
Old 01-21-2006, 07:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by judybean
Madeline was almost *too* easy. When Katherine was just about a week old, Madeline proclaimed she wanted big girl undies. She never went back. Even at nighttime. She has since wet the bed ... hm.. I could probably count the times on one hand. And those were almost my fault, because I'd keep her up way too late and forget to have her go to the bathroom before heading to bed.

But Katherine? I'm not sure how she'll be. She's 22 months now. I ask her if she wants to sit on the potty and she adamently refuses. Of course, she's more than willing to help me flush poo down the toilet though ... I thought of making up some trainers though .. .. or actually, what I probably need to do is get rid of all of our pockets (fleece-lined pockets, that is), so she doesn't get so nice and comfy feeling.

But.... I'm *so* excited for you!!! I mean, bummer you don't get to use all those nice, squishy dipes anymore.. but.. gosh, with *two* in dipes now, big kid poop is just pretty gross and I can't WAIT until Katherine decides to use the big kid potty!!

Judy, congratulations on your third girlie!!!!!!!! : I am so excited for you! How blessed you have been!

User Tag List