Diaper Pail Liner Bags for FB - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 01-29-2006, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(x-post from my edd club forum )

Okay so I'm looking for a washable bag to use with our FBs, for a DRY pail system. (Not for outings but for lining the pail.)

It's an 8-gallon pail. Here's the picture: diaper pail

Would it be better to use nylon so it won't make the FB pill? Or would cotton be better? I really want to avoid pilling if possible.

I found these nylon ones for cheap cheap: http://www.laundrybags.us/wst_page4.html 200 denier nylon $2.99 each.

Would that be best?

What do you think?

I don't want to use the ones from MOE because they're like $20 each and way huge and not white and am using white diapers (no clue if colors might run or whatever but I figure better safe than sorry). And I want to have several on hand as we'll have at least two diaper pails....

Cotton or nylon and do you think this would work?

Thanks!

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
#2 of 12 Old 01-29-2006, 01:22 PM

Why don't you try a large Bummi wet bag?

Jenn
#3 of 12 Old 01-29-2006, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyti26
Why don't you try a large Bummi wet bag?

Jenn
Because they're between $15 and $20 each? And ideally I want four of them, since we have two pails.

Trying to save some cash....and don't need the uber waterproof factor since we're doing dry pail. Just need something to contain them that's washable with the FB.

Make sense?

#4 of 12 Old 01-29-2006, 02:13 PM

I just got nylon bags from the dollar store.
#5 of 12 Old 01-29-2006, 02:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trishy
I just got nylon bags from the dollar store.

Ohh I haven't checked our dollar store -- do you find the nylon washes okay with FB?

Thanks!

#6 of 12 Old 01-29-2006, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighten
I don't want to use the ones from MOE because they're like $20 each and way huge and not white and am using white diapers (no clue if colors might run or whatever but I figure better safe than sorry). And I want to have several on hand as we'll have at least two diaper pails....

Cotton or nylon and do you think this would work?

Thanks!
Personally I wouldn't really see the point in a cotton one because you'll have to wash the pail out pretty regularly since a cotton bag would allow a lot of wetness into the inside of the pail. Waterproof bags are not used in a wet pail situation... they are used with a dry pail to prevent having to wash the pail every few days.

The MOE ones do come in white and the "hanging" one is smaller and cheaper then the diaper pail liner, just fyi

Personally we LOVE the WAHMIES pail liners.
#7 of 12 Old 01-30-2006, 12:42 PM

I like my MOE white one becuase the elastic at the top keeps the liner in place. And I don't have to scrub the pail at all since it is made of PUL.

My nylon Bummi always "sweats" and I have to wipe the pail. And it is purple and kind of bleeds onto some diaper stuff in a hot, hot wash.
#8 of 12 Old 01-30-2006, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the feedback

#9 of 12 Old 01-30-2006, 03:00 PM

I just bought a "mom about town" one when I ordered my FB. I've only used it for a few days, but I was wondering as well if it is the best one, since I'll need a second one. I assumed all washable ones are created equal. Dont' really know though.
#10 of 12 Old 01-30-2006, 05:04 PM

I bought a couple nylon laundry bags at Target for $5 each (I needed extra large ones because my diaper pail is a 15-gallon garbage can with a swinging lid.) They came with this waterproof layer on the inside that started peeling off after the first wash. I just encouraged the peeling and after a few weeks all that stuff was gone and the bags have been fantastic for almost 20 months now.
#11 of 12 Old 02-01-2006, 08:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp&pixie
I bought a couple nylon laundry bags at Target for $5 each (I needed extra large ones because my diaper pail is a 15-gallon garbage can with a swinging lid.) They came with this waterproof layer on the inside that started peeling off after the first wash. I just encouraged the peeling and after a few weeks all that stuff was gone and the bags have been fantastic for almost 20 months now.

And no issues with the nylon causing pilling on the FBs? Sorry -- am new to all this and want to preserve the fabric on the diapers as long as possible, and still save money on liners....

Thanks!

#12 of 12 Old 02-02-2006, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighten
And no issues with the nylon causing pilling on the FBs? Sorry -- am new to all this and want to preserve the fabric on the diapers as long as possible, and still save money on liners....

Thanks!
Well, I am sorry to say that your Fuzzi Bunz are gonna pill no matter what. Of course, FB have been through many different fleece types in their years of being in business. The only FB I have that isn't pilly is a veeeeery old skool all fleece one. It is lovely soft and not pilly at all. I don't know what makes a fleece pill but there are a few diaper makers that have this lovely fleece that doesn't pill (FMBG fleece is amazing!), but most does.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page