How is the TP moving these days? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-01-2006, 11:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone,

Haven't been here in ages since ds2 stopped wearing his dipes...

Anyway, I was going to put most of my stash on the TP but it doesn't look like it's worth the effort since it doesn't look like anything's moving...

My stuff isn't hyena, mostly some Crickett's hemp fitteds, a SP wool cover, some Chumbas, a PWP wool cover, and Calico Baby ultimate AIO's as well as some fitteds...

I'm not asking if you would buy them (though if you would, let me know! just if you think there's any point putting them on at all...

Sorry mods if this is in the wrong part of diapering....

Thanks everyone!

Jen, former attorney and now SAHM to 11 yo ds and 8 yo ds

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2006, 11:56 PM

I've never used anything you have for sale but the tp has been very slow for me. Unless you wanna sell real cheap but then that doesnt always work either.
Old 04-02-2006, 12:37 AM

I was able to sell prefolds and prefitteds very quickly. Everything else just sat and sat, and I finally put it on ebay. I've heard people talk about Calico Baby quite a bit; those might sell. But your other stuff might go better on ebay.
Old 04-02-2006, 09:57 AM

You can also try Diaperswappers (www.diaperswappers.com) and the Diaper Pin for sale forum. I've found things to move more quickly in those places.

"Now bid me run, and I will strive with things impossible." (William Shakespeare -- Julius Caesar)

Old 04-02-2006, 12:15 PM

I sold some cricketts on ebay real fast! and for more than I actually paid for them!! Granted I sunned out the stains before posting them!!

I would do that, I have trid to get rid of stuff on the trading post, but it just doesn't seem to work forme!
Old 04-02-2006, 03:00 PM

I've actually had a little bit more success lately on the TP than a few months ago. I always try there first just to avoid ebay fees.
Old 04-03-2006, 01:46 AM

it has been better lately I agree... but the occasional scam artist does not help!! and you have to price things well... I think there is just so many choices of WAHMs now that where somethin gused to be hyena and people would pay near new prices for a used item thats more rare now... good luck

Jen

Jen Wife to Jason and Mom to Cassidy 10y Malcolm8y & Lucas 5y
living in Canada and Costa Rica and slowly exploring the world
Old 04-03-2006, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by My3Kids'Mama
You can also try Diaperswappers (www.diaperswappers.com) and the Diaper Pin for sale forum. I've found things to move more quickly in those places.
: The TP here seems slow...
Old 04-06-2006, 02:18 PM

I haven't bought much from the tp here, because it seems like it's mostly hyena (which for me = WAY too much $$)

Some pp have listed other sites where I buy more. . . But then I have some stuff up that doesn't seem to be moving much either. . . I haven't tried ebay yet. . .

Good luck!
Old 04-06-2006, 04:49 PM

How do I get to the TP?
Old 04-06-2006, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamBam'sMom
How do I get to the TP?
http://69.20.14.30/discussions/forumdisplay.php?f=233
its in the drop down menu at the bottom of the page and also on the home page under natural living i think.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:03 PM

Thanks!! I have looked before and have never been able to find it. Off to have a look.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:39 PM

I have been posting like mad trying to get to my 50/60 posts/days in and now I hear the TP isn't full of much? Awwww how sad! I was so excited in anticipation of a great bargain! LOL I love to speak up anyway....so I'll get to 50 in no time and still need to wait till 60 days. I am an ebay junkie right now for cloth dipe stuff, but I refuse to pay more for used than for new and then to pay shipping on that...I think some people just get carried away in winning the bid.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:01 AM

There are lots of good deal at the TP now. Seems like there are more sellers than buyers.
Old 04-09-2006, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2olivia
I have been posting like mad trying to get to my 50/60 posts/days in and now I hear the TP isn't full of much? Awwww how sad! I was so excited in anticipation of a great bargain! LOL I love to speak up anyway....so I'll get to 50 in no time and still need to wait till 60 days. I am an ebay junkie right now for cloth dipe stuff, but I refuse to pay more for used than for new and then to pay shipping on that...I think some people just get carried away in winning the bid.
I've bought a lot of dipes over the past couple of months (on the TP) & there seems to be a pretty good selection @ a range of prices (might be a buyers market?), but then I'm new to CDing, so I don't know about the big scheme of things.
Old 04-09-2006, 08:11 PM

Quote:

:
Old 04-10-2006, 11:01 AM

I can find tons to buy on the TP. That's no problem. Selling is a bit harder though.
Old 04-10-2006, 11:08 AM

I think things have definitely picked up!!
Old 04-10-2006, 11:51 AM

Quote:
I have just been able to get on TP the last few weeks and I've already bought from two ladies and am hopefully getting ready to buy from a third. I don't do HYENA either...I like CHEAP! So I've just bought wipes, prefolds etc. but I've gotten good deals there. I think it's better for the buyer right now, but when I sell I'll probably still try there first. Ebay is so much trouble and the fees and all...gets on my nerves. I have two things right now that I need to put on eBay and I just haven't "found the time" LOL

Old 04-10-2006, 12:12 PM

it certainly is better. but i have gorgeous fluff that nobody wants
and i hate ebay !
Old 04-10-2006, 08:20 PM

well I've been doing my share in buying. Looking for some SP wool covers too btw LOL.

User Tag List