Remembering the good dipes - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#61 of 140 Old 05-19-2006, 01:54 AM
 
mama23boys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: grants pass, oregon
Posts: 208
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacey0402
were they Luke's Drawers?
Yup kisses were Luke's Drawers---i remember when she first came out- 7yrs ago and i pd like $20 a diaper (got 3 ) mind i STILL have them and am using them on my 4month old!! i even went back and got a new OS dipe from her.

what about nanipoos? again i still have some and LOVE them!

i can remember when Staciantor was brand and the huge hype over those!

umm i'm trying to think but cant remember anymore!
mama23boys is offline  
#62 of 140 Old 05-19-2006, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter
 
2much2luv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Like I'd tell you.
Posts: 6,660
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Holli! I still think about you often. I'm so glad to hear you're doing well, but so sad that she's already considering potty learning. Poor mama.
2much2luv is offline  
#63 of 140 Old 05-19-2006, 12:37 PM
 
Jenb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 406
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just popping in here!
I'm not an "old time-old timer" but I have been CDing for almost 6 years!
I started in the midst of the Honeyboy craze-I remember when the first one broke a $100, and then $150. and then $200!!! It was so exciting to see!
I also remember the first diapers that I "splurged" on for DD #1-they were the sweetest little fitteds ever-Darla Peekabears...They were sort of like a Kissaluv. And does anyone remember BoDinks? They were so awesome! I loved the gussetted sides.
I like to think that I was partially responsible for making the Cuddlebuns hot-I HAD to have everyone that showed up on auction and had over 60 of them at one time! I'll have to dig out a picture.
And the Fuz...
Sigh...
I also started out with some MEOS and some ME Sandies and would you believe that I am still using them and they are still functional!
Jenb is offline  
#64 of 140 Old 05-20-2006, 04:23 AM
JNW
 
JNW's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 288
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I only joined MDC about a year ago, but the main reason was for the diapering talk. I'd never even heard of hyenas or WAHM diapers before I joined--I thought I'd died and gone to heaven after discovering FBs and MEOS, so you can imagine how I felt after finding out about SOSs and FCBs.

Pretty much all of my stash is WAHM diapers, thanks to the hyenas who used to frequent the board, and made cloth diapering so exciting and addictive for me. Since the split, I never bother going to the main diapering forum--it's just not that interesting to me. And plus, I don't really like "supporting" the people who complained about all the hyena threads. I never really understood why they were so offended. Don't like reading threads about stockings or expensive diapers? You can pretty much tell by the thread title, so don't click on them!

I've been hoping that since the six-month trial period is up, or close to being up, that MDC would reconsider and change it back. The split was a huge blow to the WAHMs who buy their advertising space here, IMO. MDC used to be an important venue for developing new customers for WAHMs, but not anymore.

But I suppose ending the split is just a pipe dream--and anyway, the hyenas have all gone elsewhere, or perhaps are off of online boards altogether.
JNW is offline  
#65 of 140 Old 05-20-2006, 12:25 PM
 
BCmamaof6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,188
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've only been on MDC for a couple of years...not long enough it seems to remember a lot of these "old school" dipes. I do remember that HUGE FM stocking about a year or so back...where I actually managed to score something. The only time EVER that I've managed to score at FM! Even if it was only nightlights & a couple of (fairly plain) wool covers!

Mama of 2 boys, 5 girls.grouphug.gif

BCmamaof6 is offline  
#66 of 140 Old 05-21-2006, 11:22 PM
 
amysuen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Behind a sewing machine :o)
Posts: 2,474
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNW
I only joined MDC about a year ago, but the main reason was for the diapering talk. I'd never even heard of hyenas or WAHM diapers before I joined--I thought I'd died and gone to heaven after discovering FBs and MEOS, so you can imagine how I felt after finding out about SOSs and FCBs.

Pretty much all of my stash is WAHM diapers, thanks to the hyenas who used to frequent the board, and made cloth diapering so exciting and addictive for me. Since the split, I never bother going to the main diapering forum--it's just not that interesting to me. And plus, I don't really like "supporting" the people who complained about all the hyena threads. I never really understood why they were so offended. Don't like reading threads about stockings or expensive diapers? You can pretty much tell by the thread title, so don't click on them!

I've been hoping that since the six-month trial period is up, or close to being up, that MDC would reconsider and change it back. The split was a huge blow to the WAHMs who buy their advertising space here, IMO. MDC used to be an important venue for developing new customers for WAHMs, but not anymore.

But I suppose ending the split is just a pipe dream--and anyway, the hyenas have all gone elsewhere, or perhaps are off of online boards altogether.
My thoughts exactly. I miss the old I-can-hardly-keep-up-because-it's-so-active board I joined.
amysuen is offline  
#67 of 140 Old 05-25-2006, 02:41 AM
 
canadiyank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 2,000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Man, even this thread is days old now. I used to check in here multiple times a day and I can't even remember when I last posted in diapering. This board is what convinced me I could CD...I used a service before it. I recently lent a friend all my outgrown ElBees...love those.

Meghan, mom to 11yo, 8yo, and 3yo 

canadiyank is offline  
#68 of 140 Old 05-25-2006, 04:39 AM
 
Jennisee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 7,376
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I remember when this place was the fun, warm, happening place to be. I remember when I could post a question and have ten answers in five minutes. I remember when there were always at least 20 people stalking the TP.
Jennisee is offline  
#69 of 140 Old 05-25-2006, 09:57 AM
 
F and L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 372
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennisee
I remember when this place was the fun, warm, happening place to be. I remember when I could post a question and have ten answers in five minutes. I remember when there were always at least 20 people stalking the TP.
I know. This board is truly, probably irretrievably dead. They've utterly killed it. There are posts at the bottom of this page from ten days ago. Ten. Unbelievable.: It's so dead the mods can't even be bothered to police our critical posts anymore. They know hardly anyone is here to read them.
F and L is offline  
#70 of 140 Old 05-25-2006, 10:16 AM
 
bobica's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: missing my bobo
Posts: 7,277
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by My3babes
I had a Simply Cloth AIO that I just loved!! She is closed now...

they were my absolute favorites! sigh, how i loved them!

that kiwi with the clothesline was the end-all for me! apparently, i started cd at the height of hyena-ness. it was quite intoxicating! dh could never understand how i went from sposies to obsessed with stalking cloth seemingly overnight!
bobica is offline  
#71 of 140 Old 05-25-2006, 10:27 AM
 
bobica's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: missing my bobo
Posts: 7,277
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennisee
I remember when this place was the fun, warm, happening place to be. I remember when I could post a question and have ten answers in five minutes. I remember when there were always at least 20 people stalking the TP.
so true. this was my big leap into MDC and without the fun craziness of the diapering crew, i wouldn't have ventured out into the rest of MDC!

Ok, i probably wouldn't have spent nearly as much money, but ...... :

Holli! How is it possible Mari has been home a year??? good to hear you're all doing so well! your stash was always quite the sight to behold.

i bought a used tootsweet dipe from butterflymom ages & ages ago & it's still my favorite fitted. (nostalgically speaking since dd went & potty learned on her own last august ) i loved the action of the TP. now i've got 2 bags of dipes in my closet i should sell (since we're completely on the fence about ttc #2) & just don't have the patience in me.

who knows, maybe a wave of babylust will come over me & i'll see you all at the hc forums...
bobica is offline  
#72 of 140 Old 05-29-2006, 07:49 PM
 
BlueNote's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: beneath the starry skies.
Posts: 203
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My favorite fuz set was the Winter Star one... her very first one. I tried to get one for my last child, but I got maxed out at 75 bucks. Lol.

Oh, well.
BlueNote is offline  
#73 of 140 Old 05-30-2006, 02:16 AM
 
mamamoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Eastern WA
Posts: 12,741
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marimami
Wow. Hi everyone! I miss it around here too. Mari has been home over a year now, and I just basically disappeared. I was way too busy with everything. But, I decided to drop in and see what you all were up to.

We still have the unicorn cover, and many others. But Mari is showing signs of being interested in the potty. I bought my first new diapers in nearly a year the other day from Tiff, and they were probably my last ever.

I admit that I moved on to other obsessions like cool wooden toys, back to scrapbooking, etc.

But, Mari does love talking about her diapers like I had hoped, and we have never used a sposie even on our vacations since she came home.

Holli
Hi Holli! I think of you guys often! I was so sad when you disappeared. lol

I haven't been hanging on the diaper board for a while now, it just feels weird...

My favs were sos's and the ice star and suna nd moon sets...

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
mamamoo is offline  
#74 of 140 Old 05-30-2006, 09:52 PM
 
Ms.Doula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: schooling, loving, crafting, SEWING
Posts: 9,779
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tuesday Bear .... : I remember WAY before TB!! It was a NEW wahm for me.....
Ms.Doula is offline  
#75 of 140 Old 05-31-2006, 09:39 AM
 
Marco Esquandolas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,218
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I read this whole thread, and it made me a little sad. I'm really not an oldtimer, but I do remember a lot of what has been mentioned. When I came here, I distinctly remember honeyboys going thru the roof (b/c I thought people had lost their marbles or it was an inside drug ring b/c surely no one was paying over a hundy for a single diaper ), everybody *had* to have fb's, there was talk of something that everyone was mourning-mollytogs, and the hyena name (nasty threads and all ) was just coming into being. It started over SOS diapers if I recall correctly, lol.

Beyond the cattiness, these boards were a wonderful resource before the split: Heather Sanders' dissertations on cleaning, repelling fb tests w/mama subjects (ahem ), scientific absorbency tests, water info, fuz gardens, some of us deciding to try this "knitted wool" soaker idea out (thank you LTK!!!!) since our crats had performed so well but we wanted less bulk, me trying to get the whole world to wrap their kids' behinds in hemp. My first expensive diaper purchase was a motherease sandy's, and if it didn't hold Ian's pee, I was about to give up, b/c it gave me serious sticker shock at $10, lol. Then I was introduced to world of wahms and fmbg, I think, was my first wahm diaper. I was searching high and low for hemp, but couldn't find it except for hempers prefolds that are about as stiff and scratchy as sandpaper, yikes, and she had hemp. Oooooh, and the beautiful fabrics she used to choose, or have us choose from if we got on her customs lists-pages and pages of gorgeous fabrics. Then I had to try every wahm that was out there, and BBB fast became my favorite for soakers (this was when she only sold on ebay and you could get one for around $20, no bidding wars at all, and we were all scared to try them but they looked so freaking pretty w/all the cool colorways). I was into fuz diapers, and also very much enjoyed sugarpeas, liz's cloth, lukes, and a couple others. I remember when a lot who are hyena now didn't even make diapers or covers, and I remember when they all started. I sadly remember several finding the wahm graveyard.

Then the list became exhaustive to me (a real wahm explosion btwn my 2nd and 3rd sons), people were always making me feel like shit for how much I spent or how many I had (not personally attacked, but the shame on ALL of you thrashing reserved only for the diapering moms here ), the board split, and it wasn't fun anymore. I'm glad I'm done diapering now. It isn't at all like it was, as is the case w/everything in life-enjoy it in the moment b/c the moment will end.......anyway, it was fun to remember. I used to really love my diapers, and when diapering really sucked, mamas were here to help keep me going.

My personal favorites were the blue skies/burning sun fuz garden and my custom phish covers. I kept the phish covers.

Felt good to get all that out. Thanks for reading me if you made it through. I was feeling nostalgic since today is Zach's birthday!
Marco Esquandolas is offline  
#76 of 140 Old 05-31-2006, 11:19 AM
 
mamamoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Eastern WA
Posts: 12,741
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by phishmama
I read this whole thread, and it made me a little sad. I'm really not an oldtimer, but I do remember a lot of what has been mentioned. When I came here, I distinctly remember honeyboys going thru the roof (b/c I thought people had lost their marbles or it was an inside drug ring b/c surely no one was paying over a hundy for a single diaper ), everybody *had* to have fb's, there was talk of something that everyone was mourning-mollytogs, and the hyena name (nasty threads and all ) was just coming into being. It started over SOS diapers if I recall correctly, lol.

Beyond the cattiness, these boards were a wonderful resource before the split: Heather Sanders' dissertations on cleaning, repelling fb tests w/mama subjects (ahem ), scientific absorbency tests, water info, fuz gardens, some of us deciding to try this "knitted wool" soaker idea out (thank you LTK!!!!) since our crats had performed so well but we wanted less bulk, me trying to get the whole world to wrap their kids' behinds in hemp. My first expensive diaper purchase was a motherease sandy's, and if it didn't hold Ian's pee, I was about to give up, b/c it gave me serious sticker shock at $10, lol. Then I was introduced to world of wahms and fmbg, I think, was my first wahm diaper. I was searching high and low for hemp, but couldn't find it except for hempers prefolds that are about as stiff and scratchy as sandpaper, yikes, and she had hemp. Oooooh, and the beautiful fabrics she used to choose, or have us choose from if we got on her customs lists-pages and pages of gorgeous fabrics. Then I had to try every wahm that was out there, and BBB fast became my favorite for soakers (this was when she only sold on ebay and you could get one for around $20, no bidding wars at all, and we were all scared to try them but they looked so freaking pretty w/all the cool colorways). I was into fuz diapers, and also very much enjoyed sugarpeas, liz's cloth, lukes, and a couple others. I remember when a lot who are hyena now didn't even make diapers or covers, and I remember when they all started. I sadly remember several finding the wahm graveyard.

Then the list became exhaustive to me (a real wahm explosion btwn my 2nd and 3rd sons), people were always making me feel like shit for how much I spent or how many I had (not personally attacked, but the shame on ALL of you thrashing reserved only for the diapering moms here ), the board split, and it wasn't fun anymore. I'm glad I'm done diapering now. It isn't at all like it was, as is the case w/everything in life-enjoy it in the moment b/c the moment will end.......anyway, it was fun to remember. I used to really love my diapers, and when diapering really sucked, mamas were here to help keep me going.

My personal favorites were the blue skies/burning sun fuz garden and my custom phish covers. I kept the phish covers.

Felt good to get all that out. Thanks for reading me if you made it through. I was feeling nostalgic since today is Zach's birthday!
Happy Birthday to Zach. I am so sad...I remember you clearly from the diapering board, and I didn't even know you had another babe.

And where is the wahm graveyard? I might be there someday.

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
mamamoo is offline  
#77 of 140 Old 05-31-2006, 02:32 PM
 
PatchyMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Viva Las Vegas
Posts: 5,611
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by phishmama
I read this whole thread, and it made me a little sad. I'm really not an oldtimer, but I do remember a lot of what has been mentioned. When I came here, I distinctly remember honeyboys going thru the roof (b/c I thought people had lost their marbles or it was an inside drug ring b/c surely no one was paying over a hundy for a single diaper ), everybody *had* to have fb's, there was talk of something that everyone was mourning-mollytogs, and the hyena name (nasty threads and all ) was just coming into being. It started over SOS diapers if I recall correctly, lol.

Beyond the cattiness, these boards were a wonderful resource before the split: Heather Sanders' dissertations on cleaning, repelling fb tests w/mama subjects (ahem ), scientific absorbency tests, water info, fuz gardens, some of us deciding to try this "knitted wool" soaker idea out (thank you LTK!!!!) since our crats had performed so well but we wanted less bulk, me trying to get the whole world to wrap their kids' behinds in hemp. My first expensive diaper purchase was a motherease sandy's, and if it didn't hold Ian's pee, I was about to give up, b/c it gave me serious sticker shock at $10, lol. Then I was introduced to world of wahms and fmbg, I think, was my first wahm diaper. I was searching high and low for hemp, but couldn't find it except for hempers prefolds that are about as stiff and scratchy as sandpaper, yikes, and she had hemp. Oooooh, and the beautiful fabrics she used to choose, or have us choose from if we got on her customs lists-pages and pages of gorgeous fabrics. Then I had to try every wahm that was out there, and BBB fast became my favorite for soakers (this was when she only sold on ebay and you could get one for around $20, no bidding wars at all, and we were all scared to try them but they looked so freaking pretty w/all the cool colorways). I was into fuz diapers, and also very much enjoyed sugarpeas, liz's cloth, lukes, and a couple others. I remember when a lot who are hyena now didn't even make diapers or covers, and I remember when they all started. I sadly remember several finding the wahm graveyard.

Then the list became exhaustive to me (a real wahm explosion btwn my 2nd and 3rd sons), people were always making me feel like shit for how much I spent or how many I had (not personally attacked, but the shame on ALL of you thrashing reserved only for the diapering moms here ), the board split, and it wasn't fun anymore. I'm glad I'm done diapering now. It isn't at all like it was, as is the case w/everything in life-enjoy it in the moment b/c the moment will end.......anyway, it was fun to remember. I used to really love my diapers, and when diapering really sucked, mamas were here to help keep me going.

My personal favorites were the blue skies/burning sun fuz garden and my custom phish covers. I kept the phish covers.

Felt good to get all that out. Thanks for reading me if you made it through. I was feeling nostalgic since today is Zach's birthday!
Lisa .... thanks for doing such a great recap.. it is sad and I have been slightly nostaligic about it myself lately.
PatchyMama is offline  
#78 of 140 Old 05-31-2006, 05:23 PM
 
canadiyank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 2,000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You know, I've felt that way, too! I was just talking with dh that I can't even remember the last time I tried something new...I used to be constantly buying and selling dipes. My stuff just didn't move on the TP and w/o the paypal I just don't have the funds anymore. Quite honestly, checking this board helped me get through PPD with DD1...

Meghan, mom to 11yo, 8yo, and 3yo 

canadiyank is offline  
#79 of 140 Old 06-01-2006, 03:31 AM
 
Ms.Doula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: schooling, loving, crafting, SEWING
Posts: 9,779
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ok i gotta ask (I been away from diapering forum for quite a while now)
WHAT "Split" does everyone keep referring to???
Ms.Doula is offline  
#80 of 140 Old 06-01-2006, 10:23 AM
 
WickidaWitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Not here
Posts: 21,970
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Doula
ok i gotta ask (I been away from diapering forum for quite a while now)
WHAT "Split" does everyone keep referring to???
I think the "split" means-
this show and tell forum and the diapering forum. showing and telling used to be done in the diapering forum.
WickidaWitch is offline  
#81 of 140 Old 06-01-2006, 11:22 AM
 
Mamabug&co.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Somewher' in the Wild Horse Desert
Posts: 1,871
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hmmm...I remember:

Sullybunz
Sweet Pickles
MommyHearts
Luke's Drawers
The Original Poochies
Elkebellas
Darla's Dipes
Kissaluvs-the first ones
Fuzzi Bunz-The first ones
When covers were made with Ultrex
When flannel dipes were the norm
and tons more, but that just makes me feel my diapering age-lol

Mommy to five wonderful earthlings, and one on the way supporter Humble Wife and Mother Learning to live through Jesus!
Mamabug&co. is offline  
#82 of 140 Old 06-01-2006, 02:27 PM
 
Ms.Doula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: schooling, loving, crafting, SEWING
Posts: 9,779
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
SULLYBUNZ!!! They were like the FIRST T&T side snap fitted!! : & MY FAVORITE!!!
Those & MollyTogs!!
Ms.Doula is offline  
#83 of 140 Old 06-03-2006, 12:40 AM
 
Mizelenius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: In Lalaland
Posts: 7,046
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh my goodness . . .this thread brings back so many memories, even though I wasn't a hyena.

I remember when I found Elbee baby and I thought the 2 month wait list was long . .

I remember when you couldn't get Sugar Peas easily!

I miss Darling Diapers (I know they are still around sort of) and Buckeye Bottoms. No more Celestial Diapers.

I loved looking at the fuz, RB, and Tuesday Morning.

I remember when it was easy to get a Kiwi Pie (I actually got some).

What I LOVED was all the diaper science stuff. I left when hemp was the wonder fabric, but read something about bamboo??? I am so out of the loop now!

 2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

 

 

Mizelenius is offline  
#84 of 140 Old 06-05-2006, 04:23 PM
 
Max's Mami's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: The Valley of the Sun
Posts: 4,832
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
When I first discovered "hyena" diapers was in the midst of the Sugar Peas craziness - when she would send out an email that she had stocked and there was a mad rush. Getting print outer fitteds (especially hand dyed knits) was impossible they sold for a fortune on ebay.

Also when the El Bee "number list" started and when you got on the list your wait actually was *only* six months.

RB FLAGs and Wolly Pullys were impossible to get - what else?.... SOS was crazy for a loooong time.

I havent been on a diaper site in so long I dont even know what is hard to get anymore - if there even still is hard to get stuff.
Max's Mami is offline  
#85 of 140 Old 06-05-2006, 04:30 PM
 
Max's Mami's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: The Valley of the Sun
Posts: 4,832
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark
That's the thing, I think people just went to different places scattered all around or left the online community. It's one of the reasons that WAHMs are having such trouble.

Let's do this... let's all go try out HC's forums. http://hyenacart.com/phpbb/ I'll make a commitment to check in there at least once a day, ok? How about you take that challenge too. (unless someone has a better idea?)
I have been gone for a while - just crazy life stuff and came back wondering WHAT IN TH WORLD happened - where is everyone! Now I see... I am heading to find you guys now! I miss everyone - I hardly recognize any names in diapering anymore.
Max's Mami is offline  
#86 of 140 Old 06-05-2006, 10:06 PM
 
RunningMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New England
Posts: 353
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Phishmama, those were the days...i have not been around here in a super long time! I remember when "hyena" was coined, and that was definatly around the time those Honeyboys were going for hundreds. Am i the only one who remberes a Hoeyboy selling for $500? I swear they did.

Some of my favorites, were definatly the Ivy Rose, Heavenly Hineys, Benjamuffins (when Laura owned it) and the original Firefly's, way before Laurie from Fuzbaby bought itthe original "quick dry" diaper, along with Peik-a-boos!. I loved Poochies,and Valor Kids, Luke's Drawer's rocked, and Suzie's first organic interlock SOS diapers were my absolute favorites, paired with a Fuzbom, when you could just go over and order a fuzbom.

I in fact own each Fuzbaby garden set, with the exception of the Kiwi. I bought them when my son was already out of diapers, and i still love them. Call me crazy, but i someday hope to have another child :

My first diapers were from a service, and then i found Motherease and then from the back of Mothering Magazine, i saw a small ad for WAHMall....the cloth diaper auction site. From there there was Amity's World and all the diaper buzz. My first WAHM diaper was a FMBG, and I too fell in love.....hemp diapers? 10 layers? Wow, they took forever to dry, but hey, it was hemp, and i was doing good things for my child.

I remember when the wool craze took off, before that there really were just Aristocrats, and wool Bumpy's. I had my share of flannel diapers and Nikky covers, and i think i had every WAHM made diaper out there, in my hands at one time or another. I was crazed and addicted, and absoultly amused.

I have saved my favorites, the ones that i just could not part with, the original SOS's, with all the holes, my original Fuzbom's and the Ivy Rose's i had made out of old tee shirts.

Those were the days, and how i just loved the show and tells, and all the other fun diapering stuff that went on. DS and I still talk about it, funny how he remembers his diapers. That is going to last him a lifetime, not to mention all the HUGE diaper butt pictures we have of him.

Shane mama to three boys!! Wife to an amazing man.
RunningMama is offline  
#87 of 140 Old 06-07-2006, 02:01 AM
 
Ms.Doula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: schooling, loving, crafting, SEWING
Posts: 9,779
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
sooooo your all on the HC forums now??
Ms.Doula is offline  
#88 of 140 Old 06-08-2006, 02:37 AM
 
kissum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 1,119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think a lot of people are, yes

Ali, mama to my amazing Arabella 1/14/06
Newly married to Patrick love.gif Expecting someone new in April!
kissum is offline  
#89 of 140 Old 06-08-2006, 01:07 PM
 
greenmansions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,996
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am in the same camp as several of you who posted - I was never hyena but bought a lot of nice dipes on the TP, and used to check in here daily to see what was going on and just drool over the beautiful wool. My DS was already in larges at that time.

The disappointing thing for me is that I had new baby girl and originally planned to get her cute dipes, but without this forum I just haven't been as into it. A few AIO's and that's it. And we have so far been doing 50-50 cloth and sposies this time around.

I think I will also look into the other group at HC and see if I can't get motivated again. Tho it's kinda hard to find time to check in at multiple sites - was nice when everything I was interested in was at MDC.
greenmansions is offline  
#90 of 140 Old 06-15-2006, 11:29 PM
 
Mizelenius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: In Lalaland
Posts: 7,046
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmansions
. I think I will also look into the other group at HC and see if I can't get motivated again. Tho it's kinda hard to find time to check in at multiple sites - was nice when everything I was interested in was at MDC.
Same here!

Can someone please tell me (maybe via PM if it breaks the rules somehow) how/why things changed so much here?

 2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

 

 

Mizelenius is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off