Remembering the good dipes - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 140 Old 12-17-2006, 02:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
what a funny thread! i totally thought i was NEW to the diapering community with only a 6 and 4 yr old behind me, but apparently i used many of the diapers that people are remembering. im def sad that ivy rose are no more, and that righteous baby doesnt make cuddlebuns anymore! i still use the merbaby embroidered cover i got from her-i love that thing.

the reverse bug fbs, had a buttload(hehehe) of those too, and i was one of the insane ladies that bought a honeyboy-though i only paid about 70$ for mine...a submarine print i had to have.

i most likely will try the new mudbabies, and try the righteous baby 2 size system...maybe ill go over to the hyena thing and see if i find anythign that stikes me over there.

i was never that active here but i was disappointed the other day when i saw how inactive things here are. i expected so much more activity!

anyway-glad to ahve this blast frmo the past thread to entertain me for a bit-and the reminders for diapers i used to love, glad to see i wasnt the only ivy rose/rb/cuddlebuns fan!

a

Heavily tattooed and Dready Mama to my girls. YES we are STILL NURSING! love to and
#122 of 140 Old 12-17-2006, 03:31 PM

Glad I'm not the only one using old rainbow baby contours and new doublers as stuffins for my pockets!
#123 of 140 Old 02-17-2007, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmreinke View Post
I remember the reverse bug print. I also remember really loving the rounded tab FB - still prefer those. I also remember when FB were ALL fleece.
Yes!!! This was my FIRST pocket dipe. When my ds#1 was a baby and it was a HUGE spurge for me (and bought used too, lol).

Sorry, I realize this is an older thread, but I had to post! Ahhh, the memories,
#124 of 140 Old 02-17-2007, 08:16 PM

[QUOTE=2much2luv;5091577]Anybody remember (or have!) the Kiwipie with the clothes line embroidered on it?[QUOTE]

I remember this one. It has got to be the most awesome one I have ever seen! I was just thinking about it last week.

Carrie, mom to Johnathan (7-02), Brodie (2-04), Kate (12-06), Jordan (9-08), (4-09) & Maggie (3-10)
#125 of 140 Old 02-17-2007, 08:30 PM

It seems like a lot of us 'old timers' are pregnant right now--let's revive the diapering forum! I love those threads (can't remember who would post them) challenging everyone to go buy from a 'new' or not very well known WAHM store and report back.
#126 of 140 Old 02-17-2007, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morwenna View Post
It seems like a lot of us 'old timers' are pregnant right now--let's revive the diapering forum! I love those threads (can't remember who would post them) challenging everyone to go buy from a 'new' or not very well known WAHM store and report back.
I loved those threads too! I can not believe how many 'old timer' diapering baord mamas are pregnant either! I really do miss the old days sometimes.

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
#127 of 140 Old 02-17-2007, 09:34 PM

well you guys can count me out as one of the old timers who is pregnant.... We are sooooo not having any more babies LOL! Willow hasnt used a diaper in weeks... its a little bit sad... diapering and sewing diapers has been my life for 5 years now!
#128 of 140 Old 02-17-2007, 09:59 PM

Quote:
I started cd'ing in 2003 and both boys have potty learned. But, hopefully this pg will stick and I'll be starting over in Oct. I do have quite the stash of medium, PT, and large FB but I know I will be tempted to buy just a couple new things in small! And to try some other pockets.
#129 of 140 Old 02-17-2007, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyMama View Post
well you guys can count me out as one of the old timers who is pregnant.... We are sooooo not having any more babies LOL! Willow hasnt used a diaper in weeks... its a little bit sad... diapering and sewing diapers has been my life for 5 years now!
I keep saying that too. VI is in the process of potty learning too, it's weird for me because all my other kiddos were like 3 before hey even showed any interest at all.

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
#130 of 140 Old 02-17-2007, 11:06 PM - Thread Starter

I am starting to get excited about having a new tush to diaper.
#131 of 140 Old 02-18-2007, 01:00 AM

I'm also excited to get back to diapering! Just a few more months I am going back to my favorite diapers, firefly fitteds and easy wool covers. Of course there will be some Luxe and Fussy sprinkled in there too
#132 of 140 Old 02-18-2007, 03:57 AM

Wow, this thread was a sad trip down memory lane. *cue music*
#133 of 140 Old 02-18-2007, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Sounds like fun! I'm not an old timer and I'm certainly not pregnant today, but MDC diapering played a huge role in shaping my approach to CDing... With an almost-one-year-old toddling about, I'm finally at the point of feeling like I could buy a dipe from a new WAHM & give an honest and educated opinion! I would LOVE to play along!
#134 of 140 Old 02-18-2007, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamoo View Post
I keep saying that too. VI is in the process of potty learning too, it's weird for me because all my other kiddos were like 3 before hey even showed any interest at all.
I don't think I knew you were preg again?! COngratulations!
My oldest waited until 3 on the nose and then my younger boys were 2.5 yo when they started and were done within a week or so. My Dd showed interest before 2...but months later we are taking a break from PL : So we're stilll in some of our most worn out CDs
#135 of 140 Old 02-18-2007, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyMama View Post
I'm in the same boat; not planning anymore and also having cd'ed for five straight years now (where does the time go?)
#136 of 140 Old 02-18-2007, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseMomme View Post
I don't think I knew you were preg again?! COngratulations!
My oldest waited until 3 on the nose and then my younger boys were 2.5 yo when they started and were done within a week or so. My Dd showed interest before 2...but months later we are taking a break from PL : So we're stilll in some of our most worn out CDs
Thanks mama. It was quite the shocker too me, I just finally got out of denial(I can feel the baby moving. LOL), and am getting excited. Violet is trying really hard, and she was so into it for the first couple of months, but now she is starting to just pee everywhere, and that is kind of annoying. LOL We may take a break too. I don't like getting frustrated over accidents, but it's just weird because she was going by herself a lot, and now she seems to not be as interested...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseMomme View Post
I'm in the same boat; not planning anymore and also having cd'ed for five straight years now (where does the time go?)
We weren't either. I ovulated the day after my period! And we were using a barrier method! SOmeone had somehting else in mind for me, eh?! LOL

#137 of 140 Old 02-18-2007, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamoo View Post
Thanks mama. It was quite the shocker too me, I just finally got out of denial(I can feel the baby moving. LOL), and am getting excited. Violet is trying really hard, and she was so into it for the first couple of months, but now she is starting to just pee everywhere, and that is kind of annoying. LOL We may take a break too. I don't like getting frustrated over accidents, but it's just weird because she was going by herself a lot, and now she seems to not be as interested...

We weren't either. I ovulated the day after my period! And we were using a barrier method! SOmeone had somehting else in mind for me, eh?! LOL
Yep that is exactly what we are going through with Rhi and I was starting to just get annoyed all the time and since we don't want mommy to be annoyed all the time... She was all into it, she initiated it etc and now she's like whatever and all I do if I I'm not EC'ing with her is wipe up messes.

We're just doing FAM and abstaining during O and it seems to work so far but your story unsettled me a little

To bring this back to topic, now you can start collecting wee lil CD's again
#138 of 140 Old 02-18-2007, 03:49 PM

YAY! NB dipes!

#139 of 140 Old 02-18-2007, 10:04 PM

many ducks and SOS diapers come to mind....they were always gone at the speed of light!

mum to 3, 8 yo dd: 6yo ds and 4yo dd
#140 of 140 Old 02-19-2007, 12:21 AM

I sold all my Cloud 9 softies except for 2 and now I wish I hadn't.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page