So I know sposie users tend to change less often.... - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 66 Old 05-22-2006, 05:32 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbean91
No, I understand what you meant- I'm not offended- just wondering.
Yeah, I know. I was talking about how the thread was going in general (maybe I should have addressed that separately LOL). I don't think anyone should have to justify using one diaper at night and that's not what I intended by my OP. If I could get away with one diaper every night I would.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 66 Old 05-22-2006, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apricot
Shel~thanks for the tip. It's in the past now, but it certainly was in her IEP. The signature was for proof to take the complaint higher. It was especially disturbing b/c other kids in her class were non-verbal. She complained, but who knows how long that had been going on. It's very similar to situations with pre-verbal babies - there is no way to check. Lots of well-changed babies get rashes, so presence of a rash doesn't help tell if the baby is being well cared for.
My ds1 is non verbal and the school has to change him (he has autism and is in a special preschool). I thought they weren't changing him during the day b/c they weren't asking for diaper refills as often as I thought they would need to and he was often coming home wet. I bought a different brand for school than I kept at home. As long as they sent him home in a different dipe, I knew he was being changed. He's only in school 2 1/2 hrs a day, but I put him in a dipe at least 1/2 hr before he gets there and it's at least 1/2 hr after school before he can get changed again. I don't want them changing just for the heck of it, but I want him getting checked, at least.

Michelle -mom to Katlyn 4/00 , Jake 3/02, and Seth 5/04
#63 of 66 Old 05-22-2006, 05:39 PM

I think most people, babies included, prefer sleep at night to diaper changes, so let sleeping babies lie, whenever possible, right? I'm certainly not going to wake a sleeping baby and start a tantrum unless I have to.

Michelle -mom to Katlyn 4/00 , Jake 3/02, and Seth 5/04
#64 of 66 Old 05-22-2006, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbean91
I think most people, babies included, prefer sleep at night to diaper changes, so let sleeping babies lie, whenever possible, right? I'm certainly not going to wake a sleeping baby and start a tantrum unless I have to.
That's the rule in our house...unless she's pooped but that's only happened once. Otherwise we can't risk waking Dd mid-sleep and having her be up for hours.
#65 of 66 Old 05-22-2006, 10:11 PM

That is kinda disturbing. My almost 5 yo ds is autistic and hasn't potty learned yet, and we're still going through at least 5-6 sposies a day, more if he's had a lot to drink.
#66 of 66 Old 05-22-2006, 10:16 PM

I changed my DC every two to three hours in sposies and YES I cleaned them every changing. My DC were fed on demand and I changed them when they ate. Sooooo every two to three hours they got full bellies and then empty dipes.

Overnights were different because I wouldn't wake them.

YUCK the thought of that is gross. I wanna make then sit in a nasty depend for five hours and see how they feel about it. CRAZY and INFURIATING!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page