What do you do with poopy diapers? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-31-2006, 03:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do you wash the #2 into the toilet with a diaper sprayer??
Do you toilet dunk?
Do you wipe off with toilet paper & flush?
Do you rinse in a sink? bathroom or laundry sink? in the bathtub?

Do you use a wet pail?

Do you typically do it right away or let it sit till you have time? Where do you let it sit? In the pail?

Poops are getting yucky over here...think corn & chunky yuckiness ! I'm not liking this one bit and looking for ideas to make it easier!

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2006, 03:11 PM

When DS was still having runny poops, I didn't do anything. Just tossed it into the pail, and let the washing machine take care of it during the soak.

Now that he is a big toddler and has big toddler poops (), I just dump off anything solid into the toilet. I don't scrape or rinse it or anything though.. I just dump off the solid, and toss the diaper into the pail.

I use a dry pail, which I usually just sprinkle a little BS into to take care of any smells. And I wash every other day. I dump the poopy diapers right away, and they get washed whenever the whole pail goes in for washing.

HTH.
Old 05-31-2006, 03:19 PM

I use TP and get off what I can. The rest goes in my dry pail. If I know there's a real icky diaper in the pail I wash at the end of the day. Dd has been sick for a few days and all she wants lately is corn.

Sick toddler + corn = eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
Old 05-31-2006, 03:20 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
DD poops on a schedule now but wont do it in the toliet so I put her in her pooy diapering get up a snappied prefold with side roll protection and include a flushable liner soo much easier just too toss liner and flush. On the occasion she does poop out side her time I dunk and rinse.

Wife to DH since August 01 mom to a bubbly girl October 2002 and our newest gal March 2010
Old 05-31-2006, 03:48 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Sara is 17months so she's about 50/50 nursing and solids right now. Sometimes she pigs out on solids and nurses only before naps and bed and during the night. Other times, like yesterday, she forgoes two meals in a row for milkies. Depends on her mood, what our day is like, and what we are eating I guess. Some poops are solid and dump right in the toilet and get flushed and then we just put the diaper in the pail. Other poops are completely EVERYWHERE and I just wipe off the biggest pieces with toilet paper, flush, and dump the diaper in the pail. A good cold wash or rinse and some sunning takes care of everything. When we have our own place again(staying with MIL, GAHHHH!) and our own washer and dryer come out of storage, I would like to wetpail the icky poopy diapers again in the washer. That was a great system that really helped cut down on sunning time. But otherwise this is working.

Meg

treehugger.gifjog.gifgreenthumb.gifknit.gifnamaste.gif

Old 05-31-2006, 03:53 PM

When dd hit the icko poo stage, I MADE dh go get the parts to put a sprayer together for me. It was just too nasty to deal with. Before that though, I had to dunk and swish
Old 05-31-2006, 03:57 PM

I wipe with TP and just toss it in my pail (the diaper not the TP). I wash every other day and disinfect the bucket while the diapers are in the washer. We have a front-loader so if anything chunky happens to get left behind, it usually gets shifted into the rubber ring around the door.
Old 05-31-2006, 04:06 PM

FLUSHABLE LINERS!!

Really. They will make your life easier until that sticky mess becomes something that will roll into the toilet without being dunked, sprayed, or scraped.

A gift from heaven, they are.
Old 05-31-2006, 04:12 PM

sorry, wrong thread See what happens when you have too many windows open
Old 05-31-2006, 04:24 PM

I just dump in the toilet, and use some TP to push any stubborn solid stuff into the toilet. Dry pail, and then just run a prewash before washing. I've never had any trouble with this routine, except when DD ate pumpkin. That was an exceptional case, though.

me knit.gif, he bikenew.gif, my three reading.gif, sleepytime.gif, and fairy.gif-- and the one we lost angel2.gif
Old 05-31-2006, 04:28 PM

I shake off whatever will easily fall off into the toliet, the rest goes inthe diaper pail. I wash every 1-2 days.

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
Old 05-31-2006, 04:33 PM - Thread Starter

hmm I just got an idea....(yes I'm sitting here thinking about poop)

anyone use a spatula to scrape the poo off into the toilet??

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
Old 05-31-2006, 04:44 PM
Dez

i've heard of some people using a spatula.

I dump in toilet then rinse off in the laundry sink my DH made for me.
Old 05-31-2006, 04:56 PM

I just toss them into the dry pail. I wash every day. Of course, they are only 6 weeks. I suppose when they are older I'll shake into the trash and then dry pail the soiled dipe.

Miriam , mom to jumpers.gif
Old 05-31-2006, 05:06 PM

DS's poops have hit the thick sticky transitional stage... flushable liners sound awfully nice but the biggest problem for us is when the poop gets into the leg gathers of his diapers... we take those diapers to the bathroom sink and rinse rinse rinse, because poopy leg gathers just won't wash clean in our wash. For those who have used flushable liners, did you have problems with the poop going off the side of the liner onto the diaper, or do they magically manage to catch it all somehow?
Old 05-31-2006, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Now that he is a big toddler and has big toddler poops (), I just dump off anything solid into the toilet. I don't scrape or rinse it or anything though.. I just dump off the solid, and toss the diaper into the pail.

I use a dry pail, which I usually just sprinkle a little BS into to take care of any smells. And I wash every other day. I dump the poopy diapers right away, and they get washed whenever the whole pail goes in for washing.

HTH.
I use the same method for my boys, and I wash the diapers twice....once in cold w/baking soda, and once in hot w/a little detergent.
Old 05-31-2006, 05:51 PM

If it's ploppable I just dump and toss in a dry pail. If it's runny or sticky I spray it off with my Minishower and then toss in the pail. I wash all diapers together every 2-3 days.

Happily married, busy mom to a houseful :-)

Expecting again early Oct 2014!

Old 05-31-2006, 10:41 PM

I use liners when I suspect a big one is coming.

I flip out what's flippable, turn the poopy survace inside out, and hang onto the clean parts while thwacking the clingy stuff against the side of the bowl until it's mostly off. Then I use the diaper duck to wring it.

DH just flips, swishes, and wrings with bare hands. He's less squicked than I am.

Into a dry pail. I'm lazy and only wash about every 4-5 days. Well-flipped dipes don't smell that bad.

DS went straight to lovely formed poops tha tflipped without making a smudge, practically. DD has been pooping chocolate frosting for a year. This has tested my committment to cloth
:

savithny, 42 year old moderate mom to DS Primo (age 12) and DD Secunda (age 9).

Old 05-31-2006, 10:44 PM

wash the #2 into the toilet with a diaper sprayer and then toss it soaking wet into the pail that sits next to the toilet.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:32 PM

I admit that I like to dunk and swish the poopies in the toilet until they're nice and clean, then use a diaper duck to squeeze out the water. I hardly ever get my hands wet that way. Then into a dry pail to be washed every other day.

Andi, wife of Seraphim
Mom to Elijah (6/05) and Moses (6/08) and baby Joshua, UBAC February 18, 2011!

Old 06-06-2006, 03:41 AM

Ok i need to know how to make my own sprayer ladies what all do we need??

My name is Lindsay I am a full time wife to Nick 10-21-08 and full time mommy to Cadence, Irie and Isis

Old 06-06-2006, 04:03 AM

hmmmm....... how many more combinations of "swish", "plop" & "toss" can we come up with
I swish in the toilet and toss it in the dry pail unless there are chucks, in which case I soak in the toilet for a bit, swish and toss in the dry pail.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:53 AM

Depends on the poop. If it's plopable, I just plop. If it's not I use the sprayer.

Heathertreehugger.gif
Mama to 5 (b17,b11,b9,g6,b4)

Our Final Addition stork-suprise.gifarriving in Mid June 2014

Old 06-06-2006, 01:47 PM

well since ds is only 5mon and EBF we dont have to deal with soilds YET.

i just put all poopies in a dry pail and wash every2-3days.

when ds#2 was eating soilds we had a ulitly sink and i rinsed out his diapers in that and let them soak in a pail in the sink!!

since we dont have a ulitly sink now i'm thinking a diaper sprayer when the time comes!!
Old 06-06-2006, 01:56 PM

I spray mine unless it is rolly enough just to dump (unfortunately, rarely for us). My ds poops about 5 times per day and sometimes I get sooooo sick of dealing with it. Anyway, when he was ebf I just dumped it all in, I never had stains, I didn't rinse until he started solids.

I usually rinse right away, but if not, I just stick it on the diaper pail for my next trip to the bathroom. (I keep the pail in the bathroom since he started solids.)

Tracey, mama of 5 beloved children here with me on Earth and one precious son I will meet again in Heaven 6/17/09 - 9/6/09.

Old 06-06-2006, 02:19 PM

This looks good: http://www.wildflowerdiapers.com/cat...Fcategory%3D39

Right now I have a handheld sprayer attached to my shower and I spray diapers off in the bathtub. I dont know if that is bad for plumbing but I have been doing it for awhile now. I might get that new sprayer above though.
Old 06-06-2006, 02:25 PM

we started using rice paper flushable liners when DS started eating solids at a year- they catch enough poop that I don't worry about the rest- and if he doesn't poop they wash and get reused. Dry pail, cold then hot wash. Loving those liner things I must say- I was getting icked out wiping out the washer to get all the various clumps and such.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:56 PM

Do you wash the #2 into the toilet with a diaper sprayer?? No
Do you toilet dunk? No
Do you wipe off with toilet paper & flush? Yes
Do you rinse in a sink? bathroom or laundry sink? in the bathtub? No rinsing

Do you use a wet pail? No

Do you typically do it right away or let it sit till you have time? Where do you let it sit? In the pail? I deal with it ASAP

DD poops usually will fall right off her PFs with a little shaking. If not then I lay the PF on the counter and use TP to scrape it off then I flush it.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:38 PM

We use liners most of the time and can just plop poop in the toilet. For masty ones you can use a diaper sprayer or the disposable liners.
Lynda
Old 06-07-2006, 12:02 PM

I used to rinse in the laundry sink which is right above the pail but that started getting gross and there wasn't enough pressure to really clean. Now we use a toilet sprayer and we are in the "how not to spray poop all over the wall" learning stage.

User Tag List