Mothering Forum banner

18 month old nudist please help!

588 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Oregonicmama 
#1 ·
My dd is 18 months old and she is a wiz at getting off her diaper. No mater which cover i use she manages to get it off and then, of course, she goes on the floor. I consider this part of potty training, but it is driving dp crazy. Can anyone recommend a cover that is more difficult for them to get off.. maybe one with industrial snaps or something. I am at a loss. I can only put the diaper back on so many times!

thanks
Deirdre

#2 ·
ugg, i hear you. duct tape suspenders worked for us.

...kidding, it is a phase. and they do it with sposies too. i would give her some designated naked time everyday and let her take the dipe off at that time- provided she hasn't pooped-lol. then remind her 800 times that it isn't naked time now, and eventually it will pass.
if you feel comfortable, let her run around nude outside, accidents are easy to clean up,keep the wipes handy.-and the sunblock.
good luck,
jen

#3 ·
my dd went poop outside every day for almost a year.
fortunately, we lived out in the country at the time and I just scooped up the poo with a pitchfork and put it on the manure pile
We were taking care of horses at the time, so it was just another mucking job! To keep dipes on her when I needed to (when company was over, out in public, etc.) I put a onesie on her, with pants on over that. She *could* get that off, but it took her so long that I could thwart her efforts!

#7 ·
thanks for the input ladies!

i keep a onesie on her sometimes, but she still manages to unvelcro the cover through the onesie (not sure how yet, she's very nimble i guess!) maybe the duct tape suspenders aren't a bad idea! lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.