Mothering Forum banner

Any recommendation on a wet bag for a diaper bag?

2K views 25 replies 26 participants last post by  Om Girl 
#1 ·
I'm honestly thinking of just using a Ziploc, so there you have it. There are a lot of cute wet bags out there but any that you think are more functional or worth it???

Thanks!

#2 ·
I went to my local REI and picked up a great waterproofed nylon dry bag (the kind I also use for my sleeping bag). It is very lightweight, washable and compact. It also is more masculine than the super-cutesy fabrics traditionally used for diaper dry bags. My husband loves it, too. It will also be great for backpacking with the babe in the future!

#4 ·
i have a couple of bummis wet bags... they're solid colors, drawstring w/toggle closure. pretty standard. one of them has been used for both kids, and is about to be used for #3.
i've used a ziploc bag and used grocery bags when in a pinch, but i figure that buying 2 small wetbags is cheaper and more friendly to the earth then constanly buying and throwing out ziplocs.

#11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by wimama2b
I also have a Wonder Bag, which I really like. I keep my clean wipes and wipes solution bottle in one side and dirty dipes in the other side.

Happy Tushies.com

Amy
: I just ordered one and can't wait to get it!! I like the idea of having a zipper on a bag that is floatin' around my diaperbag

#14 ·
For my big bag I have 2 Happy Tushies bags that we LOVE. I am going to get 2 new ones before the next baby comes just because ours have gotten so much use & we love them so much.

For my diaper bag I just have one of the small, drawstring Bummis bags & it works really well too. I prefer the zipper & the handle for hanging on the Tushies bag though for our main bag.

HTH!

Holly

#19 ·
Happy Tushies wetbags are great. Also the Happy Tushies Wonder Bag, though I typically just carry the wetbag at this point (my toddler isn't going through as many diaper changes, in general.) I also have a large NappSack and I'm really happy with it. I use it to hold any used fleece items: pocket diapers, fleece liners, fleece-topped doublers. (I wash fleece separately from my other diapers.)

I have a Dara & Scott diaper bag that came with a wetbag: also very nice. It's quite similar to the Happy Tushies.

I love that their PUL bags (HTushies and Dara & Scott) are sewn independent of their cloth covers (just joined at the zipper.) It makes air-drying very convenient and fast, since the inside & outside can hang free.

#23 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by AmyC
I have a Dara & Scott diaper bag that came with a wetbag: also very nice. It's quite similar to the Happy Tushies.
AmyC ~ What website did you purchase your Dara & Scott diaper bag from? The websites I have seen did not come with a wetbag. Her diaper bags look really cute and just what I'm looking for!

#24 ·
Just wanted to add another rave for the Happy Tushies wonderbag! I LOVE mine! I also have the smaller one and use one side for clean wipes and the other side for all my meds/diaper cream/misc diaper bag stuff.

Jen

CDing, BFing, SAHM to my Prince (5/21/2003) and Princess (8/26/2005)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.