Bedwetter diaper for almost 6 year old - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-14-2006, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone have any recommendations for a overnight diaper for am almost 6 year old? She is not able to stay dry through the night and I feel that this is going to go on for a while longer. She is a very heavy wetter, has always been. She is a very hard sleeper and can not be woken up. I don't want to dampen her spirits and the disposables are too expensive, stink, and makes her bottom red. Anyone have any thoughts as what I could buy? I would prefer a WAHM product but would take thoughts on anything. PLEASE HELP!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2006, 11:23 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I invested in a pair of MOE overnight undies but they were too large for my skinny 6yr old. I bought size 4/6. We have the same "thing". He sleeps so deeply that he has an accident about 3 times a week. He hates disposable pullups but thats what we have to use. I might see if he has chubbed out enough to fit them again, but I am not holding my breath.
Just wanted to warn you the are large.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:55 AM

www.snap-ez.com sells NAP-EZ stuffable trainers (with PUL) all the way up to size 6/8. I really like them b/c you can stuff them with whatever insert you want, which makes it as good as a pocket diaper. I have them in 2T for Benji and they are just great. (She sells her own NAP-EZ 4-fold inserts but you could use anything that you think might work for you.)

Single mom of 2 boys
Old 09-14-2006, 12:36 PM

I wanted to try something like that too, but there is no way ds would have it. So what we do is do two sets of sheets like this, one waterproof pad, sheet, waterproof pad, sheet,a nd when he wets, I can easily pull the top set off.
Old 09-14-2006, 12:40 PM

Motherease Bedwetter Pants are my favorite. They hold more than any other brand we've tried and are extremely durable. They last and last and last even with hot washing/drying. Another thing I like about them is how they're sewn inside with the absorbent inner soaker just sewn on each end allowing it to flap during washing/drying which allows for more thorough cleaning and quick drying time. Personally, I'd steer clear of the ones that have enclosed soakers like Nikkis and MOE(Fuzzibunz). Those take forever to dry and seem to not get thoroughly clean, especially after several uses.

There's also Happy Heinys Pocket Trainers, which worked well for us, but they're a huge pain to stuff because they don't open flat.

I haven't tried the Snap-Ez but have read so many great things about them. The price has always turned me off.

http://www.motherease.com/database/s...at=6&SecCat=11

Happily married, busy mom to a houseful :-)

Expecting again early Oct 2014!

User Tag List