How better is BumGenius 2.0 over the original? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 11-28-2006, 08:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a 10% off coupon for a diaper site and combined with a package deal, I can get 12 BumGenius originals for 14.36 each or 18 for 13.77 each and they come with an insert and shipping is free. So my question is how much better are the 2.0's over the originals, really? I am new to cloth diapering and am trying to figure out if the 2.0 is worth the extra $3-$4 each. I know that the 2.0 can be washed on hot and that can now be put in the dryer. Is there anything else that is a real plus other than the new color?

Btw, how long do they take to line dry?

Thanks,
Rebecca
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 11-29-2006, 03:10 AM - Thread Starter

bump ... can anyone help me know all the differences?
#3 of 6 Old 11-29-2006, 11:35 AM

still waitin on my 1 to come in the mail but supposedly with the new outer fabric the wicking issue's should stop that alot of people were haveing..also i believe she took a little tiny bit off the front top belly part and double top stitched i believe to cut down on the rolling out that the diaper was doing..also she resloved some of the tabs problems..I know for me after trying the 1.0 and haveing those problems i was staying far away from them..but im hoping with the issues resolved i can use them again
#4 of 6 Old 11-29-2006, 12:37 PM

I'd be all over that.

You'd be getting a good buy. Even if they aren't as fantastic as 2.0. they are certainly still FANTASTIC diapers. I have the new ones, and have been using them for a while, and really, in day-to-day use, the big difference is that outside fabric. I personally like the nylon outer just as much as the new (but I never wash or dry anything on hot, it was a non-issue for me), but I think a lot of people will be happy with the switch.

I'm a cheapskate, and would hop on that deal. On sale, package deal, free shipping, 10% off... Can't beat that. After all, only a few months ago people were happily waiting weeks to get this same diaper at full price.
#5 of 6 Old 11-29-2006, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, that is exactly the type of info that I was looking for! I think that I will wait and see how I like the one BG 2.0 that I ordered this week. I can wait to use the coupon for a little bit, just not too much later.

I have a 3 wk old and an almost 2 yr old. I always wanted to try cloth out on my 1st child, but I never did because it all seemed to overwhelming and I was afraid that I would spend a lot of money and not stick with it. I have been trying cloth out on my 3 wk old since birth and I really like my CPF and ME covers. I have ordered 4 FB for her to have for babysitters and church and I have ordered CPF, ME covers and 1 BG 2.0 for the toddler. The order should get here by the end of the week and I can not wait. I decided to get a few small FB because I did not think that the OS diaper would be trim enough on a newborn but I really hope that the BG 2.0 will work out for my toddler so that I can use the same diaper instead of having to get both mediums and larges.
#6 of 6 Old 11-30-2006, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccalynn View Post
I decided to get a few small FB because I did not think that the OS diaper would be trim enough on a newborn but I really hope that the BG 2.0 will work out for my toddler so that I can use the same diaper instead of having to get both mediums and larges.
Haven't tried the 2.0 yet, but I wanted to let you know that the 1.0 are working great with my newborn. Granted, he is a chunk (10-9 at birth, almost 12 now at 2 weeks), but it's not like he's wearing them as tight as they go or anything like that. We use the cotton babies microfiber doublers instead of the onesize diapers and they work really well without being bulky. He is just about to outgrow the small fuzzi bunz, so depending on how big your newborn is, those may not last long. Medium fuzzi bunz can fit pretty tiny babies (of course, with a little more bulk), so if you wanted to go the fuzzi bunz route, I'd suggest waiting until the size medium fit (unless your baby is super tiny, they should fit by 2 months or so, they already fit my big guy).

If I were you, I'd go with the 2.0. We haven't had any trouble with our 1.0s, but enough people have, and I haven't seen anything but raves for the 2.0.

HTH!

LEx

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page