BG 2.0 and staining?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 11-28-2006, 10:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I got my 2.0 yesterday. I never tried the originals, but heard great things about these. After washing/drying it last night I put DD into it this morning. It worked great! We went to the midwife & she ended up being in it for a couple hours without any leaks (which has been our main problem with AIO/pockets). I had 1 BG OS insert & 1 BG doubler in it.

BUT right after we got home she pooped. I didn't realize it right away, but she wasn't in the poopy dipe for very long. Maybe 15 min or so? I changed her, dumped the poop in the toilet & IMMEDIATLY put the dipe, wipes & inserts in the wash because I wanted to be able to try it on her tonight to see how it works for a nighttime dipe. I did a hot wash, cold rinse, with an extra cold rinse & a *very* small amount of detergent since it was just that one dipe in the load.

When I took it out there were poop stains on the suedecloth inner and one small stain on the OS insert. I ended up having to use Ecover stain treatment directly on the stained spots, rewash (this time cold wash, cold rinse, & cold extra rinse). The stains did come out, but is this normal?

I actually don't freak about some staining normally, but until I'm 100% sure we're keeping these I obviously don't want stains. Just wondering if anyone else has had this experience with the BG -- either the originals or the 2.0.

Oh, and FWIW I'm not really a huge suedecloth lover anyway. I'll definitly get the fleece ones once she starts carrying them as well (I read on Diaperpin that her fleece fabric was in transit so they should be available sooner or later....).

TIA!

Holly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 11-28-2006, 11:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Typically I do a cold rinse before the hot wash, and I think that helps prevent staining. (For diapers in general, not just the BGs.) When I've had staining, the sun nearly always takes it out.

For fleece vs suedecloth, I think that the fleece is slightly more stain resistant than the suedecloth, but that's just my personal opinion.

Jennifer

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page